11/6 park update, small world inside picture

beanboon

Original Poster
A short update:

Epcot and the Magic Kingdom were both incredibly busy today, it felt just like midsummer (but a lot nicer weather!)

As mentioned in another post, the Exxon signage has come down from UOE. Nothing but carpeted wall where the inside sign once was, the exit stuff appears to have just been turned off (can't really tell) and the stuff just outside the exit is completely gone.

P1010088.jpg

Anyone ever notice the projection on the UOE sign out in front?

Wonders of Life was still just sitting there looking sad.

The AT&T stuff appears to be slowly coming out of Spaceship Earth. They've not only painted over the final AT&T logo ("May I have you attention please!") but it looks like they've got a new classroom video without the logo in the bottom right corner. They DID just install a new projector for this scene so it may just be adjusted out of the picture, the video looked different though. The logos are still in all the rest of the stuff..

They've adjusted the area that is blocked off for Soarin' in the Land. It now takes over the entire Greenhouse Tour hallway. They've shifted that hallway so that it now goes THROUGH the area that was blocked off before. Nothing to see in there but brand new concrete floor though.

P1010097.jpg

Stitch was open today for AP and DVC. The chili dog smells like really cr@ppy chili. The animatronic and robot arm (only one was working) are REALLY cool.

P1010051.jpg

The construction wall for small world has been pushed out into the walkway a little bit. I imagine this is so they can work just inside the doorway areas. Here's a picture from "inside". It's not really from inside the attraction, but if you look at it hard enough you can probably figure out where it was taken. Visible to the lower right is the arched entrance into the actual ride.

P1010075.jpg

20k is almost entirely gone now. You can just see a little bit of the show building remaining back near Mickey's ugly tents. I didn't see the water fountains this time. They've also moved the walls a bit to cover Areola's Grotto, so the normal picture vantage point is no longer accessible.

P1010070.jpg

Thanks for reading,
Brandon

AEfx

Great info, and awesome pics. That's the best shot of Stitch I've seen so far - no matter what your opinion on the overall attraction, the AA of Stitch is very cool. Sort of creepy looking into IASW like that - looks like they have a LOT of work to do.

Thanks for the update!

AEfx

Figment1986

wow... that building is IASW... wow... so0 blank.... so dull... amazing how much work is going on in there....

sadely... the water foutains are gone..

(anyone know where i can find one for my room..)

SpenceMan01

Great Pics. Thanks! IASW looks so....so....well, BARE I guess!! It's great to finally get a peek and see what they are doing in there!

Shaman

Thanks for the update...the pics of Small World and the now nonexistent lagoon are very interesting, nice seeing the whole state of things on those two sites.

:wave:

StevenT

Yay! I didn't expect for some reason to see the IASW queue completley bare. Looks like we are finally going to get a proper queue instead of the mural on the back wall and a few fountains :). Great update.

SeiraB17

Great pics! Thanks for sharing! I can't believe that Small World looks so gutted. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all done.

ogryn

You have a canopy that covers the water channel.... much like this one :wave:

Attachments

• disney21.JPG
    disney21.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 796

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I know a bit about construction after working maintenance for a few years in college...

It looks like they are doing some kind of roof work in IASW...they have temporary braces holding the roof up. They're either reinforcing,replacing, or removing the roof...Not sure yet....but it doesn't look like they're removing it.

Anyways...thanks for the update! The pictures are great! :)

Figments Friend

Wow...awesome stuff guys!!

These photos are incredible!! Thanks so much for sharing them!

I was getting a little sad looking at the Land interior shot....sad knowing this may be the last i see of it since they plan on removing the Sunshine Food Fair. Darn shame, as i LOVED it there.

The Stitch shot is AWESOME....the best yet with the exception of Grizz's avatar. Small World is shocking to me to see....wow i hope they know what they are doing.....

Figment1986

They have to do that maby to remove every inch of it....

(and replace the supports and make everything clean...)

(Where is all the dirt for the monstertruck vehicles :lookaround

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom