$100 million reasons to smile

pheneix

Original Poster
When this amount of money changes hands, who cares about the reason why?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
When this amount of money changes hands, who cares about the reason why?

Well, that's not exactly subtle of him....

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
And that's his option to sell shares. Nothing new here unless some want to make it one.
It could be a sign of no confidence in the outlook of the company from a former CEO. Getting his money out why the price is high prior to a drop either in the company stock or the market as a whole. Don't forget Bob "was in" on the dangers of COVID and got out quick why the going was good, before the full effects became known to the rest of us.

Or is it common for former CEOs to sell their stock options once they retire?

JoeCamel

It could be a sign of no confidence in the outlook of the company from a former CEO. Getting his money out why the price is high prior to a drop either in the company stock or the market as a whole. Don't forget Bob "was in" on the dangers of COVID and got out quick why the going was good, before the full effects became known to the rest of us.

While it is not unexpected for him to diversify it may be how his compensation is structured. If he gets little or nothing this year (did they forgo or limit their pay for covid?) it could be a good time tax wise and why not sell when the stock is high? He has plenty of shares left, last I saw it was 1.1 million so now he has less.

GimpYancIent

Don't care about Iger's outlook for the company. He lined his pockets and bailed laughing all the way to the bank. The sooner he divests of Disney the better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, that's not exactly subtle of him....

Frankly...he always got way too much credit for being “savvy” anyway...he is smart - but not incredibly hard to predict.

I presume he wants to go to Boo Bash and needed to free up funds.

Oh come on!!! Today’s winner and it’s not even past breakfast yet 😡

Picture it: Wall Street, November 2019...

moron’s “boom economy” (which had accelerated for an unnatural 10 years) had begun to show cracks in the foundation. The Uber trillionaires - having lost 30% or so during the housing bubble burst - went to see their boys Jay Powell and Munchkin and said “listen, slaves...we see where this is going and we’re not losing a dime...pump it up”

one health crisis and $7 tril QE tactics later...everybody wins.

it’s not just Disney/iger...they’re all fattened up now. I don’t blame him for cashing out. It was to be expected.

Last edited:

jt04

While it is not unexpected for him to diversify it may be how his compensation is structured. If he gets little or nothing this year (did they forgo or limit their pay for covid?) it could be a good time tax wise and why not sell when the stock is high? He has plenty of shares left, last I saw it was 1.1 million so now he has less.

Yes, I'm betting the sell date was chosen awhile ago to avoid charges of conflicts of interest.

He likely has further goals and has a very positive ethical image. Nothing of note here. Just my opinion.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't care about Iger's outlook for the company. He lined his pockets and bailed laughing all the way to the bank. The sooner he divests of Disney the better.
A tad harsh...but not entirely inaccurate.

we supported him with our actions...all of us.

as far as content goes (one big mishandled screwup/exception)...that was good for all of us.

as far as parks go? Not a rosey. He spent 10 years working on a park in the heart of a wretched, horrible regime. It’s still and will always be embarrassing.

And for all the armchair imagineers on the “what will they build next?!?” Threads...the answer is “nothing”. Things in Orlando (at least) are still long overdue having been built. If you want healthy, value yielding parks - that is. They played their hand and it was much ballyhooed piecemeal approach. It worked...we’ve gone with it and asked for another helping Again and again.

happy Friday...

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Forgot about the pay cuts and did not take that into consideration. Good points. According to the article he sold about 50% and has about 550,000 shares left.
it’s not just Disney/iger...they’re all fattened up now. I don’t blame him for cashing out. It was to be expected.
Oh I'm not blaming him, more using him as the example for the larger problem. He's just the one most of us "follow" as most of us are Disney people not stock people lol.

Lilofan

If I was going to retire I would sell stock to finance my retirement. Buy low sell high - common sense 101.

Ayla

They limited their own pay for a very short time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom