100-Lane Bowling Stadium?

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
What ever happened to this? I know they announced this was going to be built at wwos so what is the deal? Economy put the project on hold for a while? I know the economy had been bad for a while, but it was supposed to have already opened and i'm not even sure they've started any work on it. With Disney now announcing this new hotel, that is a sign of the economy coming back so does anyone know if anyone know if there is any sign of this getting going anytime soon?

trr1

The 2011 Open Championships was originally scheduled to be held in Osceola County, Fla., at a new 100-lane bowling facility in the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex on land made available by Walt Disney World. The current credit market delayed funding for a key third party involved with the construction project, jeopardizing the timeline for completion.
and this found here
Bowling Center at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex (2012) – A new 100-lane bowling center at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex is scheduled to open in 2012 and is anticipated to be one of the largest bowling facilities in the United States. The United States Bowling Congress will stage 13 events there, with tournaments beginning in 2013.

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
vaguely remember hearing about this...where was it to be located? DTD?
It will be located at ESPN Wide World of Sports.

The 2011 Open Championships was originally scheduled to be held in Osceola County, Fla., at a new 100-lane bowling facility in the ESPN Wide World of Sports complex on land made available by Walt Disney World. The current credit market delayed funding for a key third party involved with the construction project, jeopardizing the timeline for completion.
and this found here
Bowling Center at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex (2012) – A new 100-lane bowling center at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex is scheduled to open in 2012 and is anticipated to be one of the largest bowling facilities in the United States. The United States Bowling Congress will stage 13 events there, with tournaments beginning in 2013.
Thanks! Not sure I even really care too much about it, but was just wondering about it. I like that it is something i'd be able to do at WWoS though (other than see a game, go to the playstation pavilion or have a meal). I like sports and have played, but i'm not good enough to play their now. I like the direction of the new WWoS with the ESPN involvement in it. I like that they've had a few video game tourneaments there as well. They've just been doing a lot more there lately and it's good to see them finally paying attention to the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom