100% cancer free!!!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
The most scariest time of my life was the first couple seconds after the shock of realizing my doctor just told me I had cancer, and we had to move swiftly to treat it.

I saw combat in Operation Desert Shield.

I was a Police Officer for 12 years.

Nothing ever scared me as much as that trip to my doctor. And let me tell you, life sucked for a bit.

But I had hope, and I had faith and now I can proudly say, ole Jimmy is a healthy boy again.

To everyone who messaged me while I was ill wondering where I was, thank you for your kindness and words of encouragement, it really ment a lot. And while I arrogantly consider myself the driving force of the forum, reality says Iam more infamous than famous, but I can live with that. ;)

Jimmy is back.

Jimmy Thick- Was he ever really gone?

Darth Tater

Wow, I had no idea all that was going on. Very glad to hear you made a full recovery. You may be considered "infamous" by some, but we're certainly grateful to have you healthy & infamous. Now get back to being the driving force of the forums!

Jimmy Thick- Will he ever admit if that "I broke some guy's nose while waiting in line for SSE" story was real or a hoax?

(In all seriousness, glad to have you back & well Jimmy).

StarWarsGirl

Yea!:joyfull:
AddEmoticons00930.gif
AddEmoticons00954.gif
AddEmoticons0096.gif
AddEmoticons00918.gif

Was wondering where you were. Congratulations on a speedy recovery!:D

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Good to hear Jimmy. No one wants to hear the "C" word. It is a great thing that it is no longer the automatic death sentence it was 30 years ago.

This is so true.

Once your doctor says cancer, the first thing that crosses your mind is you're going to die. Seriously, I didn't listen to anything else, I thought about my family without me. But modern medicine has come a long way, not all cancer is a death sentence but in my case, I got really lucky and they found it really, really early.

While I do have issues falling asleep most of the time, to be healthy, and feel it, is a trade off I'll be more than happy to suffer through.

Jimmy Thick- Feelin' the love!!!

luv

Congratulations and continued well wishes! Few things suck more and I'm glad you can put it behind you and pick up on all the stuff you surely put off while you were sick.

luv - will give you a pass next time you slam Uni for no good reason ;)

yeti

Very uplifting news. I know you've had a few less than pleasant run-ins with some posters here, myself included, but it should all be in good spirits and it's great that you've never taken anything to heart--I'm sure some stronger words would have been held back if we knew what you've been through. Congratulations, Jimmy.

You're still hella thick at times, though. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom