Trip Report 10 x 2 wishing for an extra magical celebration! Completed!

I'll start this pre trip by taking you back in time. Approx 10 years and 7 months.

I was having my first ultrasound with my amazing OBGYN. This being my second pregnancy I was an old pro. All 31 years old and cocky. When my doctor suddenly said "Oh, here is why you have been so sick. Baby A and Baby B. You're having twins."

The world stopped. Everything came crashing down around me. I was speechless, dumbfounded even. I couldn't process anything she told me and was sent on my way to digest the news.

10 years later, I look at my beautiful, brilliant, unique and sassy girls and I am still speechless and dumbfounded. How did I get so lucky that the Universe gave me you?!? So this trip is all about celebrating Bear and Nene. Double Digits Baby!

69724164-F87A-4C2A-BB17-CCC2831BFB94.jpeg

558BFA81-8BB8-4DFB-85CB-EF3422211DD0.jpeg
F8E51162-E915-4BEE-8D47-5EB5438A08AA.jpeg

AE8BA255-E84D-4882-A96F-B66D409763C4.jpeg

CAD9D533-E09E-464C-8D8F-1E6DC0464AC4.jpeg
A9AF3297-F9EE-4703-984F-4356FEB6F18D.jpeg
D1214AAA-C770-4E25-82D2-B5288B676B14.jpeg
E7FF49CC-7BBA-4863-8CD6-518B78C6B096.jpeg
CAABACC0-9EC7-48EA-823B-5130FBAAB961.jpeg

7AC40A97-AC5B-42F8-B513-1A82B6431946.jpeg

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Our plan has always been to take our kids on a one on one weekend getaway for their 10th birthday.

Bear saw the plans for the Disney Wish a few years ago (prepandemic) and knew a ship with Cinderella theming was her choice. She never waivered. Our blue bear had to be on the ship! Hubby and I not so much. We have never had the desire to cruise. I get seasick, he's a germaphobe. But here we are anything for our blue bear.

March 24-27, 3 day Bahama and Castaway
Cay, Veranda Room.

D616584C-7B62-45CE-A789-3A8466543D4B.jpeg

Next up Nene's choice. She has an amazing imagination. She's artistic and the best story teller. Her choice was 3 days at Universal. Especially the World of Harry Potter. Now as I said in my intro these girls are smart and have had us wrapped around their fingers from day one. So they batted their eyes and convinced us twins could not be separated. Of course they had to go on each others trips! So that is what happened.

March 27-29, Loews Pacific Royal Pacific, standard room, 3 day 2 park Universal tickets.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Poor Handsome and Jet left back in Ohio to be spoiled rotten by both sets of grandparents. Then the stars aligned and for the first time ever Nana and Pawpaw agreed to go to WDW! Paca and Grandma never turn down a trip to WDW so they are in too.

And so the whole gang is back together plus Nana and Pawpaw.

March 29-April 30, Carribean Beach Resort, 4 day Park Hopper.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Here are our current Disney plans.

March 29-Hubby, Bear, Nene and myself switch from Universal to Disney around 5:00pm. Head to Disney Springs with Nana and Pawpaw. ADR for Homecoming at 7:00pm. Paca, Grandma, Jet and Handsome should arrive to Carribean Beach around 9pm. Get to bed early for an exciting long weekend.

March 30- Epcot hoping to score a VQ on Guardians, 11:00 ADR Le Crepperie, afternoon swim break, 5:00pm ADR Beaches and Cream, Hop to DHS for Fantasmic

March 31- Animal Kingdom hoping to score an ILL for Guandians since we are hopping to Epcot at night. 11:00 ADR Yak and Yeti, swim break, 6:00 ADR Via Napoli

April 1- DHS hoping to score an ILL for TRON since we are park hopping to MK that night. 11:00 ADR Woody's Rodeo Roundup, swim Break, hop to MK 7:00 ADR Plaza

April 2- MK hoping to score a VQ for Tron. 11:00am ADR Be Our Guest. Maybe park hop to kids choice. Flight home at 11:00pm.

That's it. We have a lot of new to us ADR's and we are hoping to cram in a lot in the 4 park days.

We can't wait! I need to sleep now since I won't be getting much in 3 days!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I'll start this pre trip by taking you back in time. Approx 10 years and 7 months.

I was having my first ultrasound with my amazing OBGYN. This being my second pregnancy I was an old pro. All 31 years old and cocky. When my doctor suddenly said "Oh, here is why you have been so sick. Baby A and Baby B. You're having twins."

The world stopped. Everything came crashing down around me. I was speechless, dumbfounded even. I couldn't process anything she told me and was sent on my way to digest the news.

10 years later, I look at my beautiful, brilliant, unique and sassy girls and I am still speechless and dumbfounded. How did I get so lucky that the Universe gave me you?!? So this trip is all about celebrating Bear and Nene. Double Digits Baby!

View attachment 705093
View attachment 705094View attachment 705095
View attachment 705096
View attachment 705097View attachment 705098View attachment 705099View attachment 705100View attachment 705101View attachment 705102
So so cool!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Melting John Legend GIF by The Voice

I love that you intended to give the girls separate trips. That seems like it would be a difficult part of raising twins- making sure they get to be individuals and not an assumed BOGO. But it’s really adorable (and indeed smart) that they talked you into two shared trips.
They do make balancing the twin factor easy because they are very different. Bear swims, Nene plays hockey. Bear loves school, Nene not so much. Bear is quiet and reserved, Nene is friendly and chatty. At the end of the day they always have each others back and are truly best friends.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
So so cool!

Thanks! We are all packed up and anxiously waiting!

What adorable kiddos. Love the shared trips and can’t wait to hear all about all of it!

Thank you! It's going to be so fun to have time with just our Twinnies.

What an awesome birthday trip! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

p.s. Moms of multiples are my heroes! I don’t know how you do it!

I always tell Jet and Handsome they are lucky Jet was first. If we had started with twins I'm not sure we would have had 4! It's no joke when they are babies. That built in best friend is nice too though.

Oh my gosh I bet the girls are absolutely busting with excitement! I am too in anticipation of the trip report. Have the most magical time ever!!
Amy Adams GIF

Thank you! I hope the Wish treats me kindly. I'm nervous abou the waves🤢.

What a great trip idea! A little separate, a little together, sounds perfect!

It's a logistics nightmare right now. I'm hoping it pays off!

Sounds like a wild ride to me

Hang On Chelsie GIF by chelsiekenyon

count me in

Max

We are going to have 10 people, a wheel chair and a scooter. I'll need a few Rye and Frozen Cokes at Epcot to get me through the day.

Have a great trip!!! We can't wait to hear about it!!

Thank you! Hopefully I can finish my trip report a little quicker this time around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom