+10 Trips to WDW and never been to Boardwalk area. Need advice.

1DisneyDad

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

My family loves the Parks. Open and close them every day. + 10 trips in the past decade and never been to Boardwalk area. Since we have had so much time in the parks, should we take time to visit Boardwalk area? I've always thought it looked like fun. Headed down in 9 days. Thoughts?

Thanks!

dopeylover

I've been over a dozen times, and I've never been either! We wanted to last trip, but it seemed like a bit of a headache getting there since it's a resort and not as easy as getting to DTD. Still would love to try next time!

dave&di

Go! It's right next to Epcot, It's a 5 min walk with a lovely view, exit through the International Gateway in the WS!

I've only been during the day, at night there is various activities, it's definitely worth popping over during an Epcot visit!

I'm sure others will fill you in on what entertainment is on offer!

The Mighty Tim

If you fancy a nice walk, you can walk through the Boardwalk between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Non-stop, it's about 30 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. But you can stop off at the Boardwalk for a snack, a meal, a drink or a look around the shops.

Did the EPCOT/DHS walk a couple of times last time. It was pretty good.

wdwfan4ver

I go to Boardwalk on most of my trips. I can't talk about the dance hall they have since I never have a desire to go in there. Screwing up my hip for the next day from dancing isn't my type of fun. They got also have shops, restaurants, and a bakery. They got a good bakery there in terms of getting snacks including having cupcakes.

Epcot-Rules

My last 2 trips I stayed at Board Walk, it's my favorite place. There is lots to do and see. I love being able to walk through the International Gateway into Epcot.

powlessfamily4

Go! I stayed at Yacht Club 2 weeks ago and visited the Boardwalk area several times. If you don't want to make an extra trip to go there, block out an hour or two during your EPCOT day. You can walk to it in 5 mins through the International gateway. It was a lot of fun. I loved the bicycle surreys and at night there is a lot of activity. I also noticed it was very kid friendly.

jlsHouston

I always go over there now ever since I discovered Flying Fish Cafe... I like to walk down the boardwalk and look in the shops, I will go in them if they aren't too crowded...the BWI is a lovely property, the lobby is really nice too, and the view across the lake in the evening is beautiful. Well the view from the BC looking over to the BWI is the one I have gazed at the most since I have stayed at the BC. IMO visiting all the disney resorts is a fun activity and worth taking the time to do.:)

JillC LI

We just saw it for the first time two weeks ago as well. We were having dinner at Cape May Cafe for the first time (which I specifically booked because I wanted the family to see the chocolate carousel at the Beach Club for the holidays - I highly recommend a jaunt over there for that on your trip in 9 days). After dinner, when we realized how close we were to the Boardwalk, we walked over. We didn't have much time to spend there, but I'd definitely like to go back, hopefully when some street performers are around. DS was excited to see the ESPM store (and I got a great runDisney shirt there). I'd say it's worth checking out the Boardwalk and intend to do a better job of it on our next trip.

Chrononymous

We go every trip, even if we aren't staying there.
For me, though it's all about taking a stroll through all the lovely themed resorts. We like to check out the restaurants and lobbies(and bathrooms) of all the other places around the lagoon.

Boardwalk is still my favorite though. Such fun to just sit and enjoy a hot dog and the atmosphere. Sadly, it rains pretty much EVERY SINGLE TIME we go there.

I have to add that we always sneak out through the "Back Gate" of Epcot through WS. I know it's not really sneaking, but it's one of the nicest flower lined walks in the World, and there is hardly ever anyone else there.

We also love the Boardwalk lobby with the chandeliers and mini carousel. And that littel coffee bar/gameroom just upstairs is also one of my favorite spots.

dreamfinder

Ehh, personally I wouldn't make a special trip. There is the ESPN Club, a few other restaurants, 1 (maybe 2) non Disney resort shops, Jellyrolls and the Atlantic Dance Hall. Since you are going down in 9 days, you may still be able to catch the holiday decorations (which I do make trips over for). If you really want to see it, maybe make a dinner reservation there on a DHS or an Epcot day, and then head over in the evening. During the day it's been pretty dead everytime I have been there, but it is really the extent of nightlife on property right now, so it should be a bit more lively then.

Ralphlaw

My family and I usually stay at the Boardwalk area in large part due to its proximity to Epcot and Studios. It's a fun little area with lots of restaurants, night time performers, and boats to ride around in. There's not as much to do there as in one of the parks or at Downtown disney, but it's easy to get to through the International Gateway between the United Kingdom and France. You can actually board a boat that will then take you to Studios with stops at the Boardwalk, the Beach and Yacht Club, and the Swan/Dolphin. They also have those four wheeled bike things to rent, snack places, the ESPN Club, and Cat Cora's restaurant. And if you get off at the Swan/Dolphin, you can walk to the Mini-golf clubs.

In short, it's a fun little corner of the world, with unique architecture and a feel all it's own. In my opinion, it's somewhat similar to a visit to Animal Kingdom Lodge to eat at Boma. You don't need to go there every trip, but it's a fun thing to do every now and then. And, best of all, if you have a park hopper ticket, it's part of a relaxing boat ride when going from/to Epcot and Studios. It's certainly more scenic than the buses.

ImagineerDude

We went for the first time this past summer and rented bikes. On our second trip in October we went to the Beach Club and ate at Beaches and Cream. A nice hidden gem, not terrific nor terrible

The Empress Lilly

Meh, the Boardwalk is not really my thing. Slightly underwhelming too. There is no real 'wow' to it, no X-factor, no special magic.

Much more pleasant of atmosphere though than Downtown Disney Westside or UNI's Citywalk.

I believe a lot of others really like it. Do go check it out, you can take a boat from DHS or EPCOT, you can plan it as part of your day in either park, it doesn't need to take half your day or night.

Texas84

It's fun to stay there but I don't think it's worth a special trip either. If you just want to explore take the long boat ride that goes from Epcot to DHS and back. You can see everything from there. Or rent a bicycle built for 6 or 8. Forgot which it was.

copcarguyp71

If you fancy a nice walk, you can walk through the Boardwalk between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Non-stop, it's about 30 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. But you can stop off at the Boardwalk for a snack, a meal, a drink or a look around the shops.

Did the EPCOT/DHS walk a couple of times last time. It was pretty good.

It is a great walk and very pretty at night. The last time we did it in about 20 minutes because I had to use the bathroom and the ones at the pool of the Boardwalk were closed...it was a brisk walk to say the least!!!! Dance Hall was closed when we were down in October but not sure if that is permanent or not. You can leave EPCOT, stroll around the Boardwalk area and then grab a boat at either BC or the Boardwalk to HS if you want. It makes for a nice diversion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom