10 people, 4 adults, 4 kids and 2 infants, where can we stay?

Kristamouse

Headed to WDW January 21st o 28th with my in laws and our 6 children. My FIL will spend 3 days attending a conference at the 4 seasons. We would like a Minorail area resort. Have priced out renting a 2 bedroom villa via DVC. Have also contacted our KK agent.
My question, what room options or configurations do we have? For example: one bedroom next to a studio?
Our party 4 adults 4 kids and two babies.
We have stayed at many onsite resorts but this is the first trip with our newest baby and our in laws. I am trying to work our my options:)
Thank you in advance for any ideas or input.

dreamfinder

A 1BR next to a studio is pretty much just a 2BR lockoff unit. No guarantee you would get them near each other, and point wise the 2BR should be cheaper.

As long as the in laws don't mind being responsible for some of the kids, you can do two normal rooms pretty much anywhere, once again they may not be near each other. But if you want/need to keep close tabs, or need to have both babies in the same room, then a family suite at AoA would let you do at least two kids and 2 babies as it's 6 in the room, not sure on the exact limit there, how the infants count.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Thanks! We have done the adjoing rooms in the past and we have done the family suites and we prefer the family suites for the kitchen-ish area. Just our opnion for any larger families reading this:) We are trying for MK area so my FIL is close to his conference at the 4 Seasons.
Am going to re look at the floor plans for the standard rooms now. I would really like a kitchen-ish are and the laundry room sounded awesome in the DVC rooms. Even laundry is more fun to do in WDW than at boring home!

Upvote 0

DfromATX

We're a family of 6 so we have to do either 2 rooms or a suite. I have found that 2 rooms is actually cheaper, but I prefer a suite so we can all be together even though 3 of the kids are college aged. In fact, we are leaving on Friday (yippee!!) and this trip we decided to try a Lion King suite at AofA. That's the cheapest suite with 2 bathrooms that I could find. Our favorite place so far has been a suite at Saratoga Springs and that was on our first trip.

Upvote 0

MMDVC

Hi I am a DVC member and kinda looked in general at the member site for availability and points required for your specific dates. I am not a renter , just helping to answer your question. You did not mention price range but want a MK / monorail location.
Wilderness Lodge has a 2 bedr sleeps 8 allows 9 plus infant has 1 king 2queen and 1queen sleeper couch showing availability for a total of 269 points
Bay Lake Tower has 2 bedr sleeps 9 for 296 points lake view
The Polynesian only has studios or the very expensive bungalow on water... You would need 2 studios sleeps 5 each standard view available currently for 118 points per room or 236 for 7 nights.
I only know of one company that helps match renters with the owners to secure reservations. I hope it is alright to mention it is dvcrequest.com or 1-800-610-5791. They have an online calculator and can answer many questions. I am not affiliated with this company. Just trying to help you . Just to let you know I think points are currently costing about $16 per point. not really sure. I know you can compare by going to see the DisneyWorld website to see what it would cost at the Contemporary or the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge for comparison. Good luck
Forgot to mention when you call for timeshare rental they will need all names and birthdates of children, so be prepared.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
Hi I am a DVC member and kinda looked in general at the member site for availability and points required for your specific dates. I am not a renter , just helping to answer your question. You did not mention price range but want a MK / monorail location.
Wilderness Lodge has a 2 bedr sleeps 8 allows 9 plus infant has 1 king 2queen and 1queen sleeper couch showing availability for a total of 269 points
Bay Lake Tower has 2 bedr sleeps 9 for 296 points lake view
The Polynesian only has studios or the very expensive bungalow on water... You would need 2 studios sleeps 5 each standard view available currently for 118 points per room or 236 for 7 nights.
I only know of one company that helps match renters with the owners to secure reservations. I hope it is alright to mention it is dvcrequest.com or 1-800-610-5791. They have an online calculator and can answer many questions. I am not affiliated with this company. Just trying to help you . Just to let you know I think points are currently costing about $16 per point. not really sure. I know you can compare by going to see the DisneyWorld website to see what it would cost at the Contemporary or the Polynesian or Wilderness Lodge for comparison. Good luck
Forgot to mention when you call for timeshare rental they will need all names and birthdates of children, so be prepared.
Thanks!
I did contact them and was given a quote for a 2 bed villa. I need to speak with my inlaws to see what their budget is...we might end up with adjoin rooms. I really would like a food prep area, my kids love breakfast. I can whip up a good, filling and breakfast much quicker and cheaper than eating on property. We prefer to eat lunch and dinner while in the parks to save time. We do like in park breakfast and has some wonder meals and fun BUT we want to get moving in the AM and as my kids say, Ride Rides!!
We did an off property home last year and I made breakfast casseroles, quiches, sandwiches and froze before we left. We heated up while getting ready in the AM and ate with fresh fruit. The home was very nice, comfy and spacious. BUT me missed being on property the drive to the parks seemed to take forever!
I

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thanks!
I did contact them and was given a quote for a 2 bed villa. I need to speak with my inlaws to see what their budget is...we might end up with adjoin rooms.

Keep in mind that in your situation, adjoining rooms would merely be a request. So if you want/need to be guaranteed to be together you would need to book the 2BR villa.

Upvote 0

MMDVC

So frustrating on behalf of hotels that "Do Not Guarantee" . Many people travel in groups and even with a nanny .
Usually they try to assist with a room across hallway , etc. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom