Trip Report 10 days in Disneyland Paris

Hi all, I read the reports here since last year and last week I decided to be a member so I can comment to trip reports from all of you! Since I am European I am more in Disneyland Paris than in the other parks throughout the world. When I was 18 (long long time ago......) I was in Florida and stayed in Walt Disney World for about 4 days.... Disneyland Paris I have been about 25 times.... Me and my family are in for the 8th consecutive annual passportfor Paris and I am a shareholder for Disneyland Paris. Last month we had a 8-day trip to Disneyland Paris. I cannot descibe every day of the trip but we have a lot of pictures and would love to share them with all of you.

I also will post pictures from earlier trips to DLP in the Photo of the day thread:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/dlp-photo-of-the-day-thread.862895/page-3

Disneyland Paris 20-07-2013 / 28-07-2013

So here we start! Each year we are in DLP for about 4 or 5 weekends and the last 5 years we also spent a part of our summer holidays in the park. Until this year we each summer book a camping ground, which is nice. The only thing was it is a 20 minute drive to DLP every time we go. So if you wanna fresh up you have to take the car each time. This year we thought, hey lets rent a appartment nearby DLP. So we did. Only 5 minutes from DLP, so plenty of opporunities to go back to the appartment when we need to do so.

Weather reports were OK for the period we were in DLP. In the end they were too good. All 8 days we had a minimum temperature of 35 Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) and when you walked in the sun for a long time temperature was above 43 Celsius (109.4 Fahrenheit). So we had a hot 8 days! The hottest in our DLP history!

Who were on the trip this time:

Me (Michel, 42), my wife (Ria, 43), our daugther (Sacha, 16)

We departed from Rotterdam, the Netherlands in the middle of the night at 04.00. Since the drive to Paris is about 4.5 hours we were in DLP around 08.30 in the morning! A perfect time. First thing we did was going to Earls in Disney Village (Downtown Disney for DLP). Sorry no pics of that. After the breakfast off course we went to Starbucks, since I am a real SB addict!

Me in line for our Frappucino's!

starbucks_1.jpg

And me in front of my favourite coffee shop in the world :)

image.jpg

After we completed our breakfast and coffee it was time to walk around Disney Village. Off course to check if there were new items since our last trip (April 2013). We ended our shopping round at World of Disney, the lasted addition to DV. In the next couple of months a new shop will be opened, LEGO. They say it will be the biggest LEGO shop in Europe.

The top of World of Disney

world of disney_1.jpg

The entrance of World of Disney

world of disney_2.jpg

Then it was time to go to Walt Disney Studios.

Ria managed to take a picture without the walking people :)

studios_1.jpg

Sacha in front of WDS gate

studios_2.jpg

Ria in front of WDS gate

studios_3.jpg

And off course me and Ria in front of WDS gate
studios_4.jpg

As you can see a clear blue sky and there are also palmtrees in DLP :)

studios_5.jpg

I will keep on posting this trip report, but since there are 10 pics allowed in a single post I will continue in the next!

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Will be at Disneyland Paris the end of September for three days. Love to get some information from an annual pass holder. The last time I was there was opening day for EuroDisneyland.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Dont know how long this trip report will be, but I guess the most of you wanna see a lot of DLP pics like I wanna see a lot of WDW pics.

Of course we also had our big bag. I was searching with Sacha for the 14th of July pin. We are not huge pin collectors but every time we are there we try to find some limited edition pins and since we have some more 14th of July (National Day, Bastille Day) I need myself to find one. And we managed to find it. They said it was the last one in the park. Sorry I have no pic of that. Only of me and Sacha searching.

studios_8.jpg

After the shops we took a walk inside WDS. And off course the first thing we needed a picture of was Hollywood Tower Hotel. As you can see the look of HTH is quite different from WDW.

htower_1.jpg

htower_2.jpg

Not only the HTH is different from WDW, also the Mickey's Fantasia Hat which you can also see from far is quite different and has Peter, Wendy and Tinkerball flying around :)

micheyhat.jpg

Ria one of her favorite characters is Malificent. There was a new tee in the shop of HTH. Off course the had to try it on, and later she bought the tee.

malificent tee.jpg

Off course when you are in a Disneypark around the world the child inside everyone is comming to live! Here I am trying to eat Sacha :)

eatsacha.jpg

Jiminy Cricket is THE favourite character for Ria. At home we have a lot of statues for the little one. Inside WDS there are a lot of signs with characters and movies from Disney. So Jiminy is also one of them\

jiminy_1.jpg

There is also a big banner with Buzz and in the back you can see the big banners for Monster University and the Scream corner where you can try to outscream Sully.

buzz_01.jpg

After we walked around in WDS we found out that the waiting lines were too long for us today, mostly was 60 mins or more. And be aware that WDS Paris is not as big as in USA. They are building a new Ratatouille attraction but that is scheduled to open in 2014. The biggest thrills are HTH, Rock and Rollercoaster, Toy Story Land and off course the famous Crush Coaster. In the next couple of posts I will try to past as many pictures from the different attractions as possible.

Later on I will contnue with the next days of out trip to DLP. Hope you enjoy it so far!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Will be at Disneyland Paris the end of September for three days. Love to get some information from an annual pass holder. The last time I was there was opening day for EuroDisneyland.

Great to see that you are in DLP in September :) I guess will be back in October for Halloween! And hey, sak me everything you wanna know!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
So here we go on, the next couple of days inside DLP:

We also checked out Disneyland Hotel (more in the next days)

inside Disneyhotel_1.jpg

inside Disneyhotel_2.jpg

Inside DLP there is no better wake up view than the castle in the morning sun

castle_01.jpg

castle_02.jpg

castle_03.jpg

New in DLP since june 2013 are the Disney Lightning Ears. The have lights inside and during the Disney Dreams show (pictures on the way) the light up with the different parts of the show.

disney ears_01.jpg

The castle is getting ready for the Disney Dreams show! As you can see in the lowest parts the doors are closed (white doors) because there is also a projection on the door.

castle_04.jpg

And the show has begun! A star light..........

castle_05.jpg

Waterscreens are used as a projection screen.

peter and wendy_01.jpg

peter and wendy_02.jpg

Again hope you like the pictures so far! In the next posts off course more of Disney Dreams and the rest of DLP.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The next two posts are just with Disney Dreams pictures. I understand that pictures cannot descibe the view, pleasure and feelings when you are watching Disney Dreams live, it is so special! Tony Baxter (one of the people behind the show) really did a marvelous job with this show! I guess at the moment one of the best shows for all the Disney parks in the world!

dreams_01.jpg

dreams_02.jpg

dreams_03.jpg

dreams_04.jpg

dreams_05.jpg

dreams_07.jpg

dreams_08.jpg

dreams_09.jpg

dreams_10.jpg

dreams_11.jpg

One Dream post on its way :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The last 10 pictures of the Disney Dreams show. Guess no words are needed!

dreams_13.jpg

dreams_14.jpg

dreams_15.jpg

dreams_16.jpg

dreams_18.jpg

dreams_19.jpg

dreams_20.jpg

dreams_21.jpg

dreams_22.jpg

dreams_23.jpg

This was Disney Dreams so far! Of course much more on its way for the trip report! And don't forget to check ou the Photo of the Day thread! I will post a lot of pictures of DLP through the years!

Enjoy!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Castle light show looks awesome!

Yeah, the show really is awesome, every night again! Since this summer they replaced to movies. The Lion King and Brave came in and Jungle Book and Marry Poppins were deleted. Probably with Halloween and Christmas the show will be with something extra... accoding the rumours... Most definately we will be in DLP again in October for Halloween, so by that time off course a new trip report!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
The Disney Dreams show looks really cool. I will have to look on you tube for a video!

Then you have to look for two videos. Like I replied above on fractal there has been a change in the show since last summer. Here are 2 good links:

this one is from the World premiere

this one is from the premiere of the new part in the show and the Light'Ears that are in DLP since last June.

The first part of the show is quit the same, but wel... look for yourself :)

But be aware, being there LIVE is a much, much better experience :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom