10 'Bizarre Secret' Rules of Working at Magic Kingdom..

JIMINYCR

This one made me laugh :
4. The only way to pick up trash....Every employee at Disney World is required to pick up trash whenever they see it. But they are not allowed to just stop, bend over and pick the rubbish up - they have to gracefully pick it up using what is described as a 'swooping' motion.
I'll have to watch the next time to learn how to pick up trash gracefully.:joyfull:
Guess I'll never be a Disney employee cause I'm not too graceful when I swoop.

Metilinos

This one made me laugh :
4. The only way to pick up trash....Every employee at Disney World is required to pick up trash whenever they see it. But they are not allowed to just stop, bend over and pick the rubbish up - they have to gracefully pick it up using what is described as a 'swooping' motion.
I'll have to watch the next time to learn how to pick up trash gracefully.:joyfull:
Guess I'll never be a Disney employee cause I'm not too graceful when I swoop.

Also thought it was funny, but I agree with you guys.

Joke piece of "literature". I didn't know a few of them, although some of them seem pretty standard (don't break character, no social media, behavior, tattoos etc).

roj2323

1.There's no 'I don't know'
While this is semi true there is nothing preventing you from saying I don't know. Cast are simply directed to help guests find someone who does know, call someone who knows or direct the guest to guest relations if all else fails.​

2. Never break character
For costumed Character cast this rule is set in stone. Anyone who breaks this rule is fired. For most cast however Safety comes before Courtesy, show, and efficiency so breaking character for Safety is ok.​

3. Never point with just one finger
This is the general rule of thumb but it's not set in stone and i've never even heard of someone being disciplined for not doing so.​

4. The only way to pick up trash
The disney scoop is explained in training and cast members are indeed taught to pick up trash if they see it but there are definitely times when safety and courtesy come first. An example of this would be helping a child find their lost parents.​

5.You have to look the part
Like any other role in a play or a movie you need to look the part. This rule applies to Entertainment cast only, however. Regular cast come in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, and heights.​

6. No Tweeting
Of back stage areas, trade secrets and other similar things Yes. For other things this is sort of a gray area and it really depends on the topic.​

7. Be on your best behavior
Duh, this is true of any job.​

8. The Disney Look
The disney look does indeed exist however the rules have relaxed a bit in the last few years.​

9. No tattoos or body piercings
This is covered under the Disney look but the information given is correct. All tattoos must be hidden with fabric. Makeup and bandaids are not allowed. This is why you will see cast members in long sleeves or pants when it's 105º out.​

10. How to wear glasses and shades
The site is correct on this one. The only thing they missed however is that your eyes must be able to be seen through the lenses. I.E. No Limo tinted sun glasses.​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom