10/13 Magic Kingdom Update with Rapunzel Meet & Greet

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I was in the park today as a guest and grabbed some shots on my cell phone for everyone throughout the park. Here's what I discovered.

New shrubs on World Drive

71696_10150281594115621_878025620_15297185_6295969_n.jpg

Rapunzel's Tower is Rising!

71891_10150281594195621_878025620_15297187_2934442_n.jpg

Please Pardon our Entanglement!

67352_10150281594285621_878025620_15297188_1712606_n.jpg

New speakers already in the area.

40749_10150281594355621_878025620_15297189_2370028_n.jpg

The Mad Tea Party is turning PINK!

67579_10150281594405621_878025620_15297190_614443_n.jpg

Little Mermaid work continues...

67755_10150281594460621_878025620_15297192_4047603_n.jpg

Peter Pan facade is done and looks amazing!

33771_10150281594525621_878025620_15297193_5637630_n.jpg

This was more than 20 minutes!

66258_10150281594650621_878025620_15297196_4037123_n.jpg

New tarp in Adventureland

69836_10150281594725621_878025620_15297197_1901372_n.jpg

There are now construction walls in every land of the park!

37920_10150281594860621_878025620_15297201_5672940_n.jpg

SeaCastle

Great update, thanks. I'm wondering why they would want to plant random shrubbery to block your view of the STOLport trailer compound. Anyone know what's going on back there?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Great update, thanks. I'm wondering why they would want to plant random shrubbery to block your view of the STOLport trailer compound. Anyone know what's going on back there?

I wonder if it's not (down the road) to provide a bit of a screen for the monorail from the road, or vice-versa.....

xsupaxmanxsfnex

The parks just look so depressing with all of the work being done but I don't mind because the outcomes are going to be amazing!
Thanks for the update!

ToTBellHop

The parks just look so depressing with all of the work being done but I don't mind because the outcomes are going to be amazing!
Thanks for the update!
it's depressing that they are doing work? I would argue it would be more depressing if they WEREN'T doing work and let the parks rot (like how your own Six Flags New England is being run into the ground). Have you seen the buildings on Main Street and Fantasyland post-refurbishment? They look like new. I'm excited to see them doing refurbishment work that is mostly for aesthetics...it shows Disney has not completely lost touch.

Neverland

it's depressing that they are doing work? I would argue it would be more depressing if they WEREN'T doing work and let the parks rot (like how your own Six Flags New England is being run into the ground). Have you seen the buildings on Main Street and Fantasyland post-refurbishment? They look like new. I'm excited to see them doing refurbishment work that is mostly for aesthetics...it shows Disney has not completely lost touch.

It's depressing that they're doing so much work at one time. Sure that gets things done faster, but it also looks horrible and means that a lot of areas and attractions are closed. I mean, Fantasyland is practically Wall World right now. For a lot of guests, this is their once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney World, and everything is covered in ugly walls and/or closed. That would definitely make me depressed. I can't tell you how many times a day I have to say "It's a Small World is closed for refurbishment until November. The teacups? Well, they're down that way, but they're also closed for refurbishment. Showtimes for Storytime with Belle? I'm so sorry, but that closed about a month ago and that area is being refurbished. You're correct, Ariel's Grotto was right over there... Unfortunately, it closed in April and Ariel now meets in Adventureland. Why, yes! Winnie the Pooh is still open! It looks closed, but it's only the queue that's under construction." I tell them why all these things are closed, but most guests don't care and are just disappointed that Fantasyland is practically Constructionland.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Yeah I was trying to get at what Neverland said. By the way I don't live near SFNE anymore, instead I work at Kings Island in Ohio (much better =)) I just hate to see all the walls up. What if it is someones first time visting and they are greeted with walls? Don't get me wrong, I am so glad work is being done. Nothing you can do about disguising big buildings being worked on.

I find the shrubbery interesting as well. :shrug:

...could there be something they do not want us to see around the STOL in the future? I keep remembering that rumored resort at the STOL before the DVC CR went up ....and the RC repurposing, but not a resort... could it be a canal to an STOL resort? Just letting my thoughts wander, carry on.

SeaCastle

It's depressing that they're doing so much work at one time. Sure that gets things done faster, but it also looks horrible and means that a lot of areas and attractions are closed. I mean, Fantasyland is practically Wall World right now. For a lot of guests, this is their once-in-a-lifetime trip to Disney World, and everything is covered in ugly walls and/or closed. That would definitely make me depressed. I can't tell you how many times a day I have to say "It's a Small World is closed for refurbishment until November. The teacups? Well, they're down that way, but they're also closed for refurbishment. Showtimes for Storytime with Belle? I'm so sorry, but that closed about a month ago and that area is being refurbished. You're correct, Ariel's Grotto was right over there... Unfortunately, it closed in April and Ariel now meets in Adventureland. Why, yes! Winnie the Pooh is still open! It looks closed, but it's only the queue that's under construction." I tell them why all these things are closed, but most guests don't care and are just disappointed that Fantasyland is practically Constructionland.

In its defense, I'm happy to see that money is being spent on keeping the parks up. Keep in mind that they're doing all of this work at a slow time of the year, so as to interfere with as few once-in-a-lifetime guests' vacations as possible.

I find the shrubbery interesting as well. :shrug:

...could there be something they do not want us to see around the STOL in the future? I keep remembering that rumored resort at the STOL before the DVC CR went up ....and the RC repurposing, but not a resort... could it be a canal to an STOL resort? Just letting my thoughts wander, carry on.

As far as I know, it's just trailers right now. That whole area is designated as a future resort site for over a decade now, but whether or not that area is prime for building or not, I don't know. There seem to be other, easier places where they could build now.

The River Country re-purposing was just a concept, according to raven. A canal built to the STOLport resorts would have to be built between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, and even though there is construction in that area, I doubt it's for a new resort in the STOLport area. (Sorry if it seems like I'm picking away here, but this was my first reaction when I saw the shrubs, too. :lol:)

As far as I know, it's just trailers right now. That whole area is designated as a future resort site for over a decade now, but whether or not that area is prime for building or not, I don't know. There seem to be other, easier places where they could build now.

The River Country re-purposing was just a concept, according to raven. A canal built to the STOLport resorts would have to be built between Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, and even though there is construction in that area, I doubt it's for a new resort in the STOLport area. (Sorry if it seems like I'm picking away here, but this was my first reaction when I saw the shrubs, too. :lol:)

Your definitely not picking. Thanks for you response. I just have a big question mark in my mind over that STOL/RC area and every time something comes up I start trying to create a picture out of pieces that probably belong to different puzzles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom