1 Trip - 3 hotels. Am I crazy ?

Lily5170

Hi,

As the title says I’m going to WDW with my son for his 16th from 25th October until 2nd November. It’s our first trip to WDW.

As we live in Belgium and this will probably be our only trip to WDW, we decided to book 3 different hotels as we couldn’t make up our mind.

We’re staying 4 nights in POFQ, 2 nights at the Poly club level and 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view.

Are we crazy or is this doable ?

Thanks for your input, help and tips

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hey, if part of your vacation is to experience the resorts, then changing hotels to do that is just part of the itinerary.

I'd plan your clothes and pack for each hotel within your suitcases so you don't feel like you have to unpack everything. Vacuum bags are great for doing that and will save you some space for souvenirs to take home.

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

If you want to try out different resorts, then you may want to use your "switch" days for days to explore the resorts. If you aren't going to really enjoy the resorts, then it isn't worth it really to pay that much for, lets say Poly Club Level, if you aren't getting the full experience. We have spent an entire day just doing the various activities at AKL for sure. If you can stay another day or two, then do the three different stays. If you need to stick to 8 days at WDW, then only stay at one or two resorts at the most. I would highly recommend either AKK or AKJ, Beach Club or Boardwalk and lastly POR. Hope you have a wonderful time, no matter where you stay!

Upvote 0

Lily5170

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies. We do see the resorts as part of the attraction of WDW.

We also like our food and I have booked following restaurants : Le Cellier / California Grill / Tiffins (ROL package) / Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic package) / Be our guest / Tony Townsquare (Festival of Fantasy package) / Narcoossee. Still hesitating if I will switch Narcoossee with Citricos.

I had planned to drop of bags early in the morning on change day between POFQ and Poly and do a MK park day. Next day I have a leisure day planned so we can make the most of our stay at the Poly.

For the second switch between Poly and AKL I was again planning on dropping of bags early and spending the day at AK.

This is what my planning looks like :

Day 1: check in POFQ and Disney Springs late afternoon
Day 2 : MK
Day 3 : Epcot
Day 4 : HS (which will be crazy with opening of SWL)
Day 5: switch to Poly : MK and evening Halloween party
Day 6 : resort day
Day 7 : switch to AKL and AK
Day 8 : resort day and shopping (necessary with a 16 year old)
Day 9 : Check out around 1PM and flight to NY

We really want to do the attractions we don’t have in Disney Paris so I will try to get FP’s for those.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

We switched hotels one time on our trip last week (2 nights POFQ, 5 nights BLT). It was not a big deal. On our transfer day, we took our bags to bell services and told them our plans, then we headed to Epcot. When we got the room ready text, we monorailed to the new hotel, called down to bell services, and our luggage was delivered within 15 minutes while my kiddo was having a nap.

However, I would suggest packing cubes, vacuum bags, or a separate bag for each hotel. That way stuff that doesn't need to be taken out at the first hotel stays in the bag, etc. and you don't spend time packing and unpacking.

I like how your schedule has a day to enjoy Poly and enjoy AKL. On switch days, between check out and official check in time, you may not have a room for a few hours. So I would prefer to plan to be in the park at those times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Seeshark

I enjoy switching hotels on my Disney trips. It's not for everyone, but I say give it a go. As nice as it is to have them move your luggage, I might recommend grabbing a taxi or Uber and moving it yourself in the morning, leaving it with concierge, so that it's a) there if you room is available early; and b) you have access to bathing suits for a midafternoon swim if you so desire at the new resort (and you don't have to carry any of this to the park). They can get the luggage to you late in the day - we nearly missed a dinner reservation the first time I had them move it.

Upvote 0

Dave B

We switched hotels one time on our trip last week (2 nights POFQ, 5 nights BLT). It was not a big deal. On our transfer day, we took our bags to bell services and told them our plans, then we headed to Epcot. When we got the room ready text, we monorailed to the new hotel, called down to bell services, and our luggage was delivered within 15 minutes while my kiddo was having a nap.

However, I would suggest packing cubes, vacuum bags, or a separate bag for each hotel. That way stuff that doesn't need to be taken out at the first hotel stays in the bag, etc. and you don't spend time packing and unpacking.

I like how your schedule has a day to enjoy Poly and enjoy AKL. On switch days, between check out and official check in time, you may not have a room for a few hours. So I would prefer to plan to be in the park at those times.
Or pack your swim suits and a change of clothes in a backpack and enjoy the pool and facilities

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Or pack your swim suits and a change of clothes in a backpack and enjoy the pool and facilities
Yes, except on our recent trip, the day we had scheduled as a pool day was rained out - lightning closed the pool. So, I'd want a backup plan just in case. Also, I know you can change at the pool, but I'd rather have a room and a shower. (On our moving day, we didn't get our new room until almost 4 pm.)

Upvote 0

GSP Guy

It's not any further from things as anywhere else, that's one of the biggest myths out there.

Polynesian to Magic Kingdom: 13 minutes
Polynesian to Epcot: 45 minutes (unless you're in one of the buildings that's close to the TTC)
Polynesian to Hollywood Studios: 20 minutes
Polynesian to Animal Kingdom: 26 minutes
Polynesian to Disney Springs: 27 minutes

Animal Kingdom Lodge to Magic Kingdom: 21 minutes
Animal Kingdom Lodge to Epcot: 20 minutes
Animal Kingdom Lodge to Hollywood Studios: 19 minutes
Animal Kingdom Lodge to Animal Kingdom: 18 minutes
Animal Kingdom Lodge to Disney Springs: 26 minutes

So it's 8 minutes further than the Poly from Magic Kingdom, but closer than the Poly to any other destination.
Staying at Polynesian in November and "Polynesian to Epcot:45 minutes" really caught me off guard here! Are we better off driving our vehicle to Epcot?

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Staying at Polynesian in November and "Polynesian to Epcot:45 minutes" really caught me off guard here! Are we better off driving our vehicle to Epcot?
The 45 minutes is based on the monorail to the TTC and then transferring to the Epcot monorail. You definitely don't want to do that.

The most efficient way is actually to walk to the TTC and monorail from there, but this fluctuates quite a bit depending on which building at the Poly you get and it's definitely not a great option in the rain.

Upvote 0

GSP Guy

The 45 minutes is based on the monorail to the TTC and then transferring to the Epcot monorail. You definitely don't want to do that.

The most efficient way is actually to walk to the TTC and monorail from there, but this fluctuates quite a bit depending on which building at the Poly you get and it's definitely not a great option in the rain.

Thank you this will definitely be helpful in our planning.

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

Thanks for all your replies. We do see the resorts as part of the attraction of WDW.

We also like our food and I have booked following restaurants : Le Cellier / California Grill / Tiffins (ROL package) / Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic package) / Be our guest / Tony Townsquare (Festival of Fantasy package) / Narcoossee. Still hesitating if I will switch Narcoossee with Citricos.

I had planned to drop of bags early in the morning on change day between POFQ and Poly and do a MK park day. Next day I have a leisure day planned so we can make the most of our stay at the Poly.

For the second switch between Poly and AKL I was again planning on dropping of bags early and spending the day at AK.

This is what my planning looks like :

Day 1: check in POFQ and Disney Springs late afternoon
Day 2 : MK
Day 3 : Epcot
Day 4 : HS (which will be crazy with opening of SWL)
Day 5: switch to Poly : MK and evening Halloween party
Day 6 : resort day
Day 7 : switch to AKL and AK
Day 8 : resort day and shopping (necessary with a 16 year old)
Day 9 : Check out around 1PM and flight to NY

We really want to do the attractions we don’t have in Disney Paris so I will try to get FP’s for those.

I think you’ll be just fine and your plan sounds great. You know how it’s going to work so you’re prepared. We’ve done the switch and if you’re going to a park in the day, sending your bags over by bell services before you head out and then going back to the new hotel it can work well. We find it fun to experience more than one hotel a trip! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

Lily5170

Original Poster
I think you’ll be just fine and your plan sounds great. You know how it’s going to work so you’re prepared. We’ve done the switch and if you’re going to a park in the day, sending your bags over by bell services before you head out and then going back to the new hotel it can work well. We find it fun to experience more than one hotel a trip! Hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks. We’re so looking forward to this trip.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Hi,

As the title says I’m going to WDW with my son for his 16th from 25th October until 2nd November. It’s our first trip to WDW.

As we live in Belgium and this will probably be our only trip to WDW, we decided to book 3 different hotels as we couldn’t make up our mind.

We’re staying 4 nights in POFQ, 2 nights at the Poly club level and 2 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view.

Are we crazy or is this doable ?

Thanks for your input, help and tips
Totally doable not crazy, I hope you start at the POFQ.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom