1 - One Sentence Competition, Season Five Episode 3

D Hulk

REVIEWS
(NOT INCLUDING BONUSES)

Reading music

Merely epic ideas are easy to come by. The best marry this scale with thematic care to the Frontierland setting, expanding on the land’s austere ambiance and history.

Escape from Morrison Mountain
220px-Mount_Olympus_Utah.jpg

Based on the Watasch Mountain range in Utah, named after the Morrison Formation in the American Southwest, loosely inspired by Journey to The Center of The Earth and The Lost World, and becoming the first Disney attraction to utilize Mack Rides’ Rocking Boats, Escape from Morrison Mountain will take guest from a S.E.A. outpost set at the foot of the mountain on a voyage to explore an underground river system through Morrison Mountain and into a isolated pocket that has flourished perfectly in isolation for millions of years and has created some unique biomes for the underworld, but even this world is not safe from the Jurassic’s deadliest beasts; the swift Tanycolagreus eyes our boat drifting through the Diplodocus Graveyard, the stocky Ceratosaurus faces off with a large crocodile in the Salted Swamp, the fierce Allosaurus stalks a herd of Camptosaurus and takes notice of us as we make our way through in the Redwood Hills, and the apex hunter Torvosaurus in the Ashen Highlands; with one member (an elder with a sharp row of spikes running down his back and an old bite mark on his snout) makes hot pursuit of us, and even getting into the water to attack us and just as we escape the Saurian natives, we enter an abandoned mining system; and we find out why it was abandoned; as the walls start to shake and a minecart tips, and just as we hit a dead end, a gigageyser (referred to as Old Timer) goes off and the boat launch several stories up a shaft and plunges down 55 ft into the open and down a flooded tunnel, out of the mines, and back towards the camp.​
Voyage to Lizard Mountain
Escape from Morrison Mountain

@Suchomimus

Mack Rides’ Ricking Boats gives your proposal an immediate realism. No other ride, at Disney or beyond, would be quite like this. I am a big fan of new ride systems in Armchair Imagineering, particularly ones like this which I haven’t heard of before.

This ride system pairs well with the dinosaur theme. (Will there be a Suchomimus?) The boat-beast interactions suggest themselves with great clarify. Between the Western setting (nice specificity with Utah’s Morrison range) and the Rocking Boats, no one could sensibly say that you’re merely copying Jurassic Park River Adventure…really, between that and DAK’s Dinosaur, it’s tricky to create a truly unique dino ride.

With plenty of show scenes described in length, an appropriate geyser climax, and more, you get a lot right. I’m just not a fan of the “Morrison Mountain” name, which doesn’t connect to the ride experience. I actually preferred “Lizard Mountain.”​

El Dorado : The Golden River Expedition

After countless of odd and costly accidents at Big Thunder Mountain Mines, Barnabas T. Bullion in an act of desperation, has brought in a crew of treasure seekers (guests) to head an adventure down El Rio De Oro to locate and excavate the riches of the fabled city of El Dorado; so venture down the river in this water raft ride through: scenic desert vistas, craggy canyons crawling with dubious bandits, water spewing geysers, and mystical forces the reveal the wonders of El Dorado at a cost worth far more than gold!

cliff-dwellings-mesa-verde-fb.jpg
El Dorado: The Golden River Expedition
@tcool123

The name implies that this might be a spiritual successor to the fabled Western River Expedition. It isn’t explicit, but a few of your ride details seem to bear that out. I like how you’ve connected this to Big Thunder’s backstory – shades of Paris’ fantastic Frontierland “shared universe” here. With Mr. Bullion, ancient lost cities of gold, bandits, geysers, et cetera, there is no lack of interesting sights throughout!

A classic water raft ride fits Frontierland like a glove. I can recall thinking this even back in the ‘90s. It’s a tricky ride genre…Disney’s raft rides to date have struggled to tell a story (Shanghai!)…but with plenty of setup in the queue and with a focus on overall ambiance, you’ve worked around those limitations.​

D Hulk

The Legend of Slim
dbk0an3-e4c531cd-688c-40f3-af72-0af6dd129514.jpg

This combination of a dark ride/roller coaster tells the story of wannabe cowboy hero Slim Chances and his quest to stop the notorious outlaw Slick Whistle from destroying his hometown; and guests follow along through various obstacles and traps, climaxing in an "explosive" encounter at the TNT warehouse and ending with good prevailing and getting to join Slim in the obligatory "ride into the sunset"!
The Legend of Slim
@DisneyManOne

Frontierland doesn’t offer up many IPs, so it’s good to create original characters. Slim Chances & Slick Whistle work well. It’s a big stereotypically generic Western, but depending on the tone (fingers crossed for some Marc Davis goofiness) that could be OK.

At times, this sounds rather too similar to Big Thunder. The dark ride addition is a nice variation, but the roller coaster section (what’s our ride vehicle?) seems redundant next door to “the wildest ride in the wilderness.” The TNT warehouse climax is also very similar.
an underground water coaster set in the expansive caves beneath frontierland that pits guests against mishipeshu, a monster from native american folklore causing a great drought.
Expedition Mishipeshu
@Imagineer Sroo

Of course the first thing I had to do was look up “mishipeshu,” which I learn is a mythical underwater panther from First Nations folklore.

6c8d47b9fc62271d4f99c3f3da3dcb0edec25387r1-800-766v2_uhq.jpg

What an intriguing topic! What a great find! A whole ride spent drifting through underwater caverns, as mishipeshu lurks in the shadows. It’s like…climbing Mt. Everest in search of the Yeti. Just swap out a classic roller coaster for a water coaster – a ride type Disney hasn’t done yet, despite the great narrative opportunities. The more I think about this, the more it intrigues me! Add in some culturally sensitive theming, and you have a classic in the Joe Rohde tradition of Imagineering.​

D Hulk

Big Thunder River Run
View attachment 491839
Pass through the abandoned mineshafts and runaway mine trains of Big Thunder Mountain and board a raft sending you on an out of control tour through Tumbleweed, the unfortunate town simultaneously struck by an earthquake and a flood, as well as the rivers that lay deep below the mountain itself.
Big Thunder River Run
@JokersWild

In the shadows of @tcool123, here is a second raft ride which ties into the larger Big Thunder mythos. The underlying concept in both cases is a good one. This latest effort could have done more to distinguish itself from Big Thunder, and that includes the name. Ultimately this feels like a new ride system to explore the same thematic & narrative & literal grounds which Big Thunder Mountain Railroad already covers, which is a shame when the canvas is as epic as the American West.​

Fearsome Critters Hunt
View attachment 491861
A new E-Ticket dark ride combining the wildness of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the interactive element of Tokyo's Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek!, this attraction sends riders deep into the wilderness on a dark night armed with nothing more than a lantern to seek out the supposed "Fearsome Critters" (the Jackalope, the Hugag, the Whirling Whimpus, the Hidebehind, and the Hodag to name a few) that prowl the outskirts of Frontierland - some friendly, some not so much; culminating in an encounter with a ferocious ****amaw.
Fearsome Critters Hunt
@Brer Panther

You know, this is almost exactly what I’d’ve done for this challenge! The Fearsome Critters are tailor made for Frontierland. Like Haunted Mansion, they’re a little silly, and a little scary. They’re comically absurd forest monsters invented as a joke by 19th century lumberjacks; they loom as large in folklore as Paul Bunyan or Pecos Bill.

_fearsome_critters__as_pokemon_by_zesung_d5koc25-fullview.jpg

It is incredibly gratifying to imagine these hilarious beasties reimagined in the Disney house style. The merchandising opportunities alone are innumerable…an area you let unsaid.

The ride is great too. Tokyo’s Ride & Go-Seek is simply the best “shooter” dark ride I’ve done. More Imagineering projects should take inspiration from it. This is family-friendly, non-thrill, not IP-based…it hits so, so, so many perfect notes.

A pox on the censors! What the **** is the ferocious ****amaw?!​

D Hulk

JOURNEY THROUGH THE WILDERNESS
View attachment 491860
Based on a concept by Marc Davis; Maureen Redleaf, an explorer and zoologist, has borrowed an old mine train, converting for a new, tranquil journey through the American wilderness across the four seasons and the cycle of life -- a summery valley full of flowers and excitement, onto a forest in the heart of autumn's changes, through a snowy mountainous river in winter, and finally into the original valley during spring, where the cycle of life begins anew.
Journey through the Wilderness
@Evilgidgit

What a deep cut! I have never heard of Marc Davis’ “America’s Wilderness.” Glad to see so much Marc Davis influence in this round.

Offhand, this sounds somewhat like Mine Train through Nature’s Wilderness reimagined as an enclosed dark ride. (That is to say, it sounds a bit like Knott’s Calico Mine Ride, one of the greatest non-Disney dark rides.) The division into four seasons, Bambi-style, is a quiet, thoughtful approach to this very relaxing-sounding ride. There are more good grace notes here, like your original character (S.E.A. or no?). The mine train ride mechanism could be a little redundant when placed next to Big Thunder – perhaps one reason Nature’s Wilderness was completely removed instead of shortened – but as a family-friendly alternative to that rip-roarin’ ride this would quite nicely. The Ying to BTMR’s Yang.
OREGON TRAIL

GettyImages-3090888.jpg

This attraction places you in an old stagecoach as you embark on a simulated journey through the Oregon Trail (similar to the Hogwarts Express at Universal), this ride has a strong educational emphasis: from the interactive queue which speaks real quotes of the American Settlers and Natives who felt the impact of Manifest Destiny, to the humorous but educational guide who talks of real experiences and challenges folks had on the trail as you ride past, and even just the beautiful sights you will witness - The Great Plains, Yellowstone Geysers, Rocky Mountains, Great Basin Desert, Redwoods Forest, and finally, the Pacific Ocean.
Oregon Trail
@Outbound

oregon-trail-dysentery_5.jpg

Stagecoaches seem like they should be the ideal ride vehicle in Frontierland, yet the ride tech remains elusive…unless we actually hitch a horse to wagon like they did in 1955. This Hogwarts Express solution is a smart one.

Tonally, this sounds like an overland version of Mark Twain on the Rivers of America. That is, it’s a folksy, true-to-life journey across the American West. (Fairly Epcot-y too, or like something they’d’ve done at Disney’s America in Virginia had that thing happened.) Would this be an E-ticket experience for 21st-century guests? I do love riding Mark Twain as a calming respite, for its laid-back charms, but I cannot call it a headliner. This sounds like a supporting ride, one I’d very much like to try, but nothing to book a vacation for.​

D Hulk

OUTLAW RUN

Challenging for the “Wildest Ride in the Wilderness” throne, Outlaw Run sends guests on a trip through Thunder Mesa at sunset in EMV stagecoaches (4 front facing rows of 2-3 people), but as the sun sets, a sense of unbridled lawlessness comes over the desert, and we're caught in the thrilling conflicts between those breaking the law (bandits and train robbers) and those protecting it (sheriffs and vigilante cowboys), sending us on a wild chase through the untamed frontier until sunrise.

View attachment 491968
Outlaw Run
@InspectorSpacetime

“Outlaw Run” sounds like an RMC ride.

……..…No, wait, it IS an RMC ride!!! :eek:

I want to go on that.

Where was I? Oh, right, so, stagecoaches! Not sure if an EMV really simulates them perfectly; the ride system suits motorized vehicles much better. Ignoring that, generally this is like a thrill ride version of Western River Expedition. That’s a fun idea. Guests would zoom past the visuals much faster, so the whole ride would feel very different. Very madcap, very…similar to Big Thunder’s tone, actually. Admittedly that’s what you’re aiming for, and while the ride system is distinctive, the overall experience is a lot like what guests can already enjoy in Frontierland.​

Gold Mine Run

View attachment 492084

Finally, guests can find out how the town of Rainbow Ridge got so rich: this attraction takes guests deep into the Gold Mine of Rainbow Ridge using a ride system similar to WDW's Tower of Terror (this is so that they can go down a mine tunnel, then quickly drop down elevator shafts/ fake cave-ins and then quickly rise to the surface again).
Gold Mine Run
@AceAstro

Finally! All of Rainbow Ridge’s secrets revealed!

Were you inspired by Geyser Mountain when creating this? It’s a different underlying concept – mine shaft elevators versus natural geysers – but the on-ride experience would be very similar: A long, tense buildup through queue and initial ride, followed by a quick and gut-wrenching vertical thrill. This is the sort of thrill ride which could sit alongside Big Thunder (and use a shared backstory even) without feeling redundant. This is all about suspense; BTMR is about action.

Would this be as tall as Tower of Terror? Almost certainly not, that would absolutely dwarf Big Thunder…not to mention Cinderella Castle, et cetera. Maybe a series of shorter, interconnected mine shafts would work instead?​

D Hulk

Journey through the Grand Canyon

View attachment 492089

This new trackless dark ride takes you on a tour of the Grand Canyon and all of it wondrous curiosities like flowing down a river, running from snakes, and many more thrilling adventures.
Journey through the Grand Canyon
@NateD1226

Fun fact: In two weeks I’ll be road-tripping to the Grand Canyon’s North Rim! :joyfull: (Plus Zion, Bryce Canyon, etc.)

We almost got through this round without a trackless dark ride. Oh well. This ride system cannot become our default! There needs to be something to justify going trackless over another option. The ride needs to be about the vehicles themselves in some way. Even with trackless interaction with like snakes and water, the ride system seems to be at a disconnect with the Grand Canyon. That setting is all about the grandeur & majesty. It suggests a serene mule ride, or a calming river trip with moments of intensity. Not knowing what these trackless vehicles are, it’s hard to visualize the overall experience.
Hisn Hornswaggle Hook Heist
View attachment 492159
(Credit to Maxence Hardenne on Artstation for the image!)

Given that the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is based on railroad related escape tropes, Hisn Hornswaggle Hook Heist is inspired by western themed bank robbery tropes but while taking a more humorous and gentle approach compared to BTMR mainly through Marc Davis type visual gags and snarky dialogue, and is primarily based on Mystic Manor in terms of structure while relying on similar assets like it being a trackless dark ride that primarily utilizes a mix of projections and AAs, in which the ride takes place originally in the Banco Barnum Saloon where riders meet up with a long lasting bandit duo of the cold yet gentle Billy Sam Bass and the sarcastic yet friendly Philippa Kidd who recruit the guests to help them rob a bank within the preshow, in which after the guests board the ride vehicles, the duo leads the guests throughout the bar around increasingly ridiculous sights like a horse taking a drink on the bar while sitting on a man's back, samaurai cowboys, and literal cattle barons, however, Philippa winds up causing a bar fight with a ridiculously blatantly evil literal moustache twirling corrupt businessmen, which forces the guests and the duo to have to flee while the two have moments of chemistry together protecting eachother from dangerous and just talking to eachother while the chaos ensues, in which the ride transitions to B'hoy Biff Bank in which the duo enters the longest line in the entire bank, with the line having a special label -- 'For Robberies', but the scene quickly turns chaotic as a rival bandit gang enters the scene and everyone starts arguing on who should get to rob the bank first, which winds up devolving into a fight once more as the guests dodge fights across the bank with the duo once more in which Philippa drags the guests and Billy to a certain vault, in which he cracks open to reveal a piggy bank within, which he breaks and it's revealed to have contained a engagement ring, in which Philippa proposes to Billy before the guests leave, but not before thanking them for their help as they head out of the bank as the guests move through the groups of robbers, some still fighting yet generally avoidable and too focused on brawling someone else to be of trouble but others knocked out with the two.

BONUS PROMPT : Wall Of Shame

Located right near the exit of Hisn Hornswaggle Hook Heist is a wall designed after a bounty board showing the wanted signs for the main characters and some of the robbers throughout the ride, allowing for guests to take some selfies that others are sure to NOTICE (tsst badum).
Hisn Hornswaggle Hook Heist
@Tux

Being that you have written perhaps the most fantabulous run-on sentence we have yet seen, I shall review in a similar fashion, and start said review by noting HHHH's intentional counterbalance to BTMR with a less hair-raising ride, a ride which shows yet again the wisdom of building off Marc Davis' influence, whilst going to the trackless dark ride well with just a bit of justification, for even while the ride vehicles - whatever they are - don't make 100% perfect sense for the format the fact is that the ride narrative as a whole is so deliriously anti-logical in a MMRR-sorta way that it matters less, and even while the ride story description grows increasingly winded with additional show scenes expounded upon at unnecessary length leading all the way to a wedding proposal - really overall a degree of plot-driven storytelling which is somewhat at odds with Davis' own statements on the matter, i.e. "By golly, they got the dirty dog" (direct Davis quote said regarding techniques he avoided with POTC) - nonetheless the writing style does indeed convey the ride's overall playful tone with its meandering stream-of-consciousness which this judge hopes he has adequately duplicated with his review.
View attachment 492161

Ghost Town Showdown is the newest E-ticket to join Frontierland; an interactive trackless shooter that allows guests to be competing sheriffs clearing out ghosts from the old town of Gold Grave Ridge so new settlers who came with the hopes of making a living mining for gold and oil can live in peace.
Ghost Town Showdown
@gam3rprincess

As always, I appreciate family-friendly dark rides like this as complements to Big Thunder. There is the potential to do something interesting with the trackless ride system with this one, if players' scores can open up branching paths. That adds to the replay/reride value, which is already strong with both trackless rides and shooter rides. A little mention of these sorts of possibilities would certainly strengthen your proposal.

Old West ghosts are familiar from Paris' Phantom Manor...in fact, in any Castle Park with a Haunted Mansion, you'd have quite a degree of difficulty making this unique enough, theme-wise. For cultural reasons, this would also not fly in Shanghai or Hong Kong. This would limit Ghost Town Showdown's cloning chances. Though...thinking about this...this should actually be a Knott's Berry Farm ride! [FACE] Replace Voyage to the Iron Reef with this, and extend Knott's Ghost Town further! (Ghost Town > Frontierland; you know this to be true.)​

D Hulk

Challenge Seven Results

The frontier looks so much richer now with your pioneering ideas! The best of the West merged good ride types with good concepts.

Honorable Mention (0.5 points)
rosette-award-ribbons-2h3vyq.jpg

TIE!
@tcool123 – El Dorado: The Golden River Expedition
&
@AceAstro – Gold Mine Run
Some classic thrill ride formats which are well suited to the Frontierland setting.

Bronze Medal (1 point)
25378926288_0282b49fa8_o_d.png

@Suchomimus – Escape from Morrison Mountain
You’ve married a very unique ride system with a strong, unexpected theme.

Silver Medal (2 points)
25378923678_32843d468b_o_d.png

@Imagineer Sroo – Expedition Mishipeshu
This extremely brief concept bursts with the potential to rival some of Disney’s best.

Gold Medal (3 points)
25378924938_877ca558df_o_d.png

@Brer Panther – Fearsome Critters Hunt
Interactive, family-friendly, an original cast of characters…What’s not to love?

Stay tuned for Bonus Reviews from @Pi on my Cake. After that comes Challenge Eight.

Suchomimus

(Will there be a Suchomimus?)
Suchomimus I’d from Cretaceous Africa, so no.
(nice specificity with Utah’s Morrison range)
Wasatch Range. Again, Morrison Mtn. comes from the Morrison Formation; which is the most fertile fossil bed in North America, cover several states including Utah.
I’m just not a fan of the “Morrison Mountain” name, which doesn’t connect to the ride experience. I actually preferred “Lizard Mountain.”
What about Saurian Mtn.?

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Bonus Reviews!

I don't usually participate in Instagram photo-ops and these trendy walls. Disney's Photo-Pass cast members have describe my face as "Deeply unsettling" and "Bad." But I've seen how much fun people have with these photo walls! So, I'm excited to see what you guys came up with!

As a reminder, @D Hindley is reviewing/judging the main projects. All the trophies go through him! All I'm doing is handling the bonuses. Best bonus project will get 1 Point for the main rankings!

Flight of the Thunderbirds
@Suchomimus

This wall would be a great addition! A mural like this could add a lot to the land. A striking visual that adds some culture to the land. Mythology and fantasy to expand Frontierland's focus. My only concern is that a visual like this would be better to take pictures of rather than take pictures with.

A Beary Good Wall
@tcool123

This would be a really great, simple visual! It is clear that this had a lot of thought put into this from a practical stand point in designing a photo op wall. I like the small aesthetic touches too. Changing the font style/color and adding the emoji take only an extra minute to do, but stuff like that help projects stand out!

Wall on the Other Side
@DisneyManOne

So, I'm a big believer that PatF's aesthetic and style will not blend in well with the rest of Fronteirland. It is a rustic land. It has grit. Even beyond being in a different region, PatF is very polished and clean. It is "pretty" and "enchanting" in away that is amazing, but in a way that Frontierland is not. That being said, I love this wall idea. Both because it is fun visual that is perfect for a photo-op AND because anything that adds more PatF to the rest of the land will help make the transition/integration of the IP into the land smoother. The real life ride's weaknesses lends to this project's strengths!​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Frontierland Glamping at the Big Thunder Trail
@JokersWild

Some ideas are great because they capture the spirit of what Disney should be at its best.
Other ideas are great because they capture the spirit of what Disney actually is on an average day.
This is the latter lol.
A somewhat cynical yet still fun project. I can't say this would be perfect because it kind of doesn't fit the timeline of the land (of course the timeline is thrown out the window with PatF already), but it feels very realistic. And props always add a fun layer!

Among the Trail
@Outbound

Innovating with new technology! Elevating simple concepts to create something special!
2 of the main tenents of imagineering (armchair or otherwise) can be found in this project! The only potential concern is this being too cool for what it is. Will this draw a crowd of kids playing with the buttons to change the screen making it difficult to work as a photo op? But if the only problem is that it might be too popular, does it really have a problem?

Anyways, I'm rambling. This is a cool idea and uses some tech in a subtle way to elevate it! And I LOVE how it ties into your main project too!

Mammoth Point
@InspectorSpacetime

Part of the issue with Frontierland is that it doesn't have much iconic imagery. It has the chimney rock shape of Thunder Mountain (The riverboat is in Liberty Square in WDW! Even that isn't a "Frontierland" thing!). And it has an iconic tone and atmosphere. But not many specific visuals or iconic elements.

That moment in Thunder Mountain with the fossil is iconic! Expanding from that visual to make an even more potentially iconic visual is a fantastic idea! Potential semantics issues of this not really being a "wall" though. But a great photo op.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Wanted
@AceAstro

This is so charmingly simple and yet perfect for the land. It would blend seemlessly into the park and still be a great/unique photo-op! This might not be the most exciting or outside the box idea, but bigger ideas aren't always better. Overall, I think you got a great photo wall. Simple, charming, and fun!

Critter Pop-Up Wall
@NateD1226

I love how charming this is! This feels like it would have a great Marc Davis vibe to it which fits Frontierland like a glove! Plus, it adds that extra element and kinetic energy that helps elevate this beyond just a wall while still keeping the charm and simplicity that make these photo spots so popular!

Wall of Shame
@Tux

Very similar to Ace's proposal! But this has the added bonus of tying into your main project beautifully and you used a pun! Not too much separates the two projects (I'm gonna assume you didn't see Ace's. I know when I play I usually just skim a lot of the others until after the round is over haha). Do the little touches you added to tie into the ride give your's the edge? Or does the simplicity of Ace's give it the edge? Personally I like the tie in, but it is a very close match up for two very similar ideas.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Gold Grave Ridge
@gam3rprincess

Love this! Even in one sentence you capture the unique spark/tone that makes your project special! Plus some visual flair too. I like the way it ties into your main project very well too. It is something very unique and yet simple. The only problem is that a skyline painted on a wall might be a bit too on the nose for a photo op. I worry it won't smoothly blend into the environment and might feel too staged. The best photo walls work just as well as decor for the land even without #influencers posing in front of it.

-----

And with that... Time for the Clip Art Dude to announce the winner of the first bonus!

1597983086159.png

@Outbound gets the bonus point for a modern take on a simple concept!

pix

Gold Grave Ridge
@gam3rprincess

Love this! Even in one sentence you capture the unique spark/tone that makes your project special! Plus some visual flair too. I like the way it ties into your main project very well too. It is something very unique and yet simple. The only problem is that a skyline painted on a wall might be a bit too on the nose for a photo op. I worry it won't smoothly blend into the environment and might feel too staged. The best photo walls work just as well as decor for the land even without #influencers posing in front of it.

-----

And with that... Time for the Clip Art Dude to announce the winner of the first bonus!

View attachment 492162

@Outbound gets the bonus point for a modern take on a simple concept!
Attachment doesn't work BTW Pi.

D Hulk

STANDINGS
INCLUDING NEW BONUS POINT

@Brer Panther – 15
@AceAstro – 13.5
@Suchomimus – 11
@Evilgidgit – 11
@InspectorSpacetime – 10.5
@Imagineer Sroo – 10
@NateD1226 – 9.5
@Pufflefan – 9
@Pi on my Cake – 8
@JokersWild – 7.5
@Tux – 7.5
@VaderTron – 7
@tcool123 – 6.5
@gam3rprincess – 6.5
@Outbound – 6
@NigelChanning09 – 6
@DisneyManOne – 5
@Shannoninthemagic – 5
@mickeyfan5534 – 5
@spacemt354 – 4.5
@1HAPPYGHOSTHOST – 4
@DashHaber – 4
@boardwalk22 – 1
@Nonja – 1​

Tux

don't make 100% perfect sense for the format the fact is that the ride narrative as a whole is so deliriously anti-logical in a MMRR-sorta way that it matters less, and even while the ride story description grows increasingly winded with additional show scenes expounded upon at unnecessary length leading all the way to a wedding proposal - really overall a degree of plot-driven storytelling which is somewhat at odds with Davis' own statements on the matter, i.e. "By golly, they got the dirty dog" (direct Davis quote said regarding techniques he avoided with POTC) -
Yeah, that's fair. I have a question though. I have noticed that I have been having trouble with these kinds of narratives throughout the entire game it feels. Is there a way I can improve as a player? I feel like I've been having difficulty this entire game and while I have moments where I manage to get a hold of something, the next round I seem to lose it. Maybe it's because I keep forgetting K.I.S.S or forgetting writing dynamics where things just don't work formulaically. Thank you!

Wall of Shame
@Tux

Very similar to Ace's proposal! But this has the added bonus of tying into your main project beautifully and you used a pun! Not too much separates the two projects (I'm gonna assume you didn't see Ace's. I know when I play I usually just skim a lot of the others until after the round is over haha). Do the little touches you added to tie into the ride give your's the edge? Or does the simplicity of Ace's give it the edge? Personally I like the tie in, but it is a very close match up for two very similar ideas.
I actually didn't even realize that @AceAstro had the same idea, sorry about that! In hindsight I should have noticed and picked a different idea! Sorry about that, I won't do that again and I'll try to pay better attention next time!

Last edited:

D Hulk

CHALLENGE EIGHT
NEW ORLEANS SQUARE & LIBERTY SQUARE

enhance

New Orleans Square was the first new land added to Disneyland after its 1955 opening. Highlights in this celebrated land included good food, themed stores, and the Haunted Mansion. Magic Kingdom would later open with the different – yet similar – Liberty Square, which too featured a Haunted Mansion along with original attractions to suit the new theme. This seemed like a new Castle Park tradition, but no additional “Squares” were ever created.
(Tokyo Disneyland’s Adventureland includes a tiny New Orleans Square sub-land, which barely counts.)

Your task is to propose a new “Square” land for your Disney Castle Park.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Sunday, August 23rd, at noon EST.

-Tips-

KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!

Last edited:

D Hulk

Suchomimus I’d from Cretaceous Africa, so no.

Wasatch Range. Again, Morrison Mtn. comes from the Morrison Formation; which is the most fertile fossil bed in North America, cover several states including Utah.

What about Saurian Mtn.?
We can always rely on you for some after-action commentary. I love it!

Yeah, that's fair. I have a question though. I have noticed that I have been having trouble with these kinds of narratives throughout the entire game it feels. Is there a way I can improve as a player? I feel like I've been having difficulty this entire game and while I have moments where I manage to get a hold of something, the next round I seem to lose it. Thank you!
There is a sweet spot with creating a single sentence with enough going on to make your idea stand out clearly, without it becoming too complex. While I point out times when a sentence gets too rambly (and I haven't been intentionally singling you out), it doesn't impact the medals if the ideas are strong. Same for shorter sentences.

To anyone who's worried about their point tally so far, Challenge Nine will offer a big chance to catch up!

Tux

There is a sweet spot with creating a single sentence with enough going on to make your idea stand out clearly, without it becoming too complex. While I point out times when a sentence gets too rambly (and I haven't been intentionally singling you out), it doesn't impact the medals if the ideas are strong. Same for shorter sentences.
Okay! Thank you! So, what you're saying is don't sweat about too many details, just get the concept down and keep the best details in the sentence like it's a bit of a complimation because at the end of the day, it's a theoretical pitch. Got it. I know you haven't been singling me out, don't worry. I just want to get better and get to know what I've been doing wrong better.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
CHALLENGE EIGHT
NEW ORLEANS SQUARE & LIBERTY SQUARE

enhance

New Orleans Square was the first new land added to Disneyland after its 1955 opening. Highlights in this celebrated land included good food, themed stores, and the Haunted Mansion. Magic Kingdom would later open with the different – yet similar – Liberty Square, which too featured a Haunted Mansion along with original attractions to suit the new theme. This seemed like a new Castle Park tradition, but no additional “Squares” were ever created.
(Tokyo Disneyland’s Adventureland includes a tiny New Orleans Square sub-land, which barely counts.)

Your task is to propose a new “Square” land for your Disney Castle Park.

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Saturday, August 22nd, at midnight EST.

-Tips-

KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!
Y2F78Q3.png

Use One Single Sentence (And no pictures) to propose an original headliner attraction for your Square!

Whether you do the bonus or not will have absolutely NO effect on the main prompt's winners or the medals. BUT the best bonus will get 1 Bonus Point!

psFF5iZ.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom