1 - One Sentence Competition, Season Five Episode 3

D Hulk

Challenge Two Results

There are a lot of ties tonight, and once again I had to break out the Honorable Mention medal. That’s how hard it is narrowing down the outstanding concepts! Great work by both our medalists and by everyone else.

Honorable Mention (0.5 points)
rosette-award-ribbons-2h3vyq.jpg

@Tux – The Twelve Year Cycle
An incredibly believable addition to Shanghai Disneyland. Points for specificity.

Bronze Medal
(1 point)
25378926288_0282b49fa8_o_d.png

TIE!
@InspectorSpacetime – Disney’s Gardens of Fancy
&
@VaderTron – The Power of Imagination
Two revolutionary forms of parade (a daily Rose Parade, & holograms) that are a slightly unlikely and enormously bold.

Silver Medal
(2 points)
25378923678_32843d468b_o_d.png

@NateD1226 – Mary Poppins Supercalifragilistiexpialidocious Extravaganza
The more I think about this one, the more I want to experience it.

Gold Medal
(3 points)
25378924938_877ca558df_o_d.png

TIE!
@Evilgidgit – Seven Seas of Wishes Parade
&
@AceAstro – Seasons of Fantasy Parade
Two early entries that just nailed how to present a parade in one sentence, and with artful ideas as well!

Cheers to all our players! Prepare for Challenge Three.

D Hulk

CHALLENGE THREE
THE CASTLE

enhance

Before we journey beyond the Hub into the themed lands, let’s take a look at what defines a Disney Castle Park – the Castle! This is the park’s heart and soul, found in the center and often visible from everywhere. It is appropriate that a park’s icon be an attraction of some sort. We see this with Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty walkthrough. Magic Kingdom’s Royal Table restaurant. Tokyo’s Cinderella encounter. Paris’ dragon chamber. And half-a-dozen different functions in Shanghai.

Your task is to propose an attraction or activity to be housed inside any Disney Castle (existing or hypothetical).

-Rules-
Use only a single sentence to describe your idea. You may also use one image if you wish. The deadline is Wednesday, August 12th, at midnight EST.

That’s only 48 hours from now! We’re speeding up!

-Tips-
KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!

pix

-Tips-
KISS – Keep is simple, silly! With only one sentence, you can’t get too detailed. Think of this as an elevator pitch.

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it realistic?
Does it fit visually/thematically?

Any questions, please ask! Now good luck everyone! Create!

I'm kinda confused here, I feel like most of the judging the past two rounds have had a lot of this would be cool if it had more detail, but it also says here with only one sentence you can't get to detailed, so I don't really know what your looking for.

D Hulk

I'm kinda confused here, I feel like most of the judging the past two rounds have had a lot of this would be cool if it had more detail, but it also says here with only one sentence you can't get to detailed, so I don't really know what your looking for.
Sorry for the confusion.

There's a Goldilocks sweet spot of detail I guess. Some proposals include more , and if the underlying idea is already good, then the added details help make the idea clearer. The latest Gold Medalists nailed that balance for me. Hope that helps.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

REVIEWS

Once again we have well over a dozen entries! I love that passion. If these numbers continue, players will need bold ideas to stand out and win medals. Take your time, edit your proposals, make your sentence the best it can be…and win!

Forever E-Ticket
@1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Congratulations on your first competition submission! Welcome to One Sentence Competition! :D

Your idea is very intriguing: A parade focused on E-tickets. I would like to know more about it – a list of floats, characters who would feature, the parade’s order (particularly how it might open and close). These details will help strengthen your underlying concept! And even with the single sentence limitation, and a well-chosen image to go with it, you can suggest a whole lot of information. Look to some of the other parade submissions and see what works.

There will be many more rounds of this One Sentence Competition. We’ll be touring an entire Disney Castle Park. Use these upcoming challenges to grow as an Imagineer!​
Thank you. but I Can't fi that much detail into one sentence for it wont be a sentence anymore. it will be paragraph. To me the way I understood the rules was to have a quick simple sentence with an idea that sounds cool with not too much detail. its just a suggestion not a full pitch.

D Hulk

Thank you. but I Can't fi that much detail into one sentence for it wont be a sentence anymore. it will be paragraph. To me the way I understood the rules was to have a quick simple sentence with an idea that sounds cool with not too much detail. its just a suggestion not a full pitch.
The best advice I can give right now is to see what some other players are doing. Some of them definitely make awkward run-on sentences, but others nail the spirit of this long-running game. Keep at it!

I do apologize for focusing so much on details. I'll strive for a better balance of "details" vs. "quality of idea" going forward with my reviews.

what does the "-1" mean?
It's simply a "1." You got one point for submitting a proposal.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

The best advice I can give right now is to see what some other players are doing. Some of them definitely make awkward run-on sentences, but others nail the spirit of this long-running game. Keep at it!

I do apologize for focusing so much on details. I'll strive for a better balance of "details" vs. "quality of idea" going forward with my reviews.

It's simply a "1." You got one point for submitting a proposal.
Yeah some of those to me seem to break the rules or bend them too much. Not a fan of doing a picture. I am just gonna stick to the basic rule concept. coming up with a unique cool concept based on the topic at hand in a simple sentence. You go into too much detail you miss the basic inception of the idea. gotta break down your idea to its simpliest form.

Last edited:

VaderTron

i dunno how it works. that's for the engineers to figure out!

My apologies on leaving out answers to the tech challenges. I clearly push the limits of a sentence already. However, the nighttime parade makes it easier to use existing holographic image technology to project Walt on stage and Alice falling out of the sky (replaced by a real person on the ground who is joined by characters and marched through the hub). And, of course, we already have the castle projection system up and running. So a Tron overlay just means programming.

I expect to see my proposed parade by the end of the year. :cool: :hilarious:

Brer Panther

Cinderella Castle Walkthrough
1597180580209.png
Using the space formerly occupied by Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, this walkthrough attraction uses projections, murals, mosaics, special effects, a couple of interactive elements, and more to retell the story of Tokyo Disneyland's icon's namesake, providing a magical experience for anyone who happens upon it.

DashHaber

Rapunzel's Tangled Gallery

Rapunzel-Painting-S.gif

Within the halls of the newly opened Rapunzel Castle, guests will take in the sights and wonders of a brand new art gallery, whose many murals and paintings depict the lovely sights and familiar faces from the world of Tangled, along with a chance to meet the gallery's signature artist: Princess Rapunzel!

NateD1226

Once Upon a Princess

1597185809031.png

This new walkthrough attraction brings 13 princesses (Snow White, Rapunzel, Tiana, Aurora, Merida, Anna, Elsa, Jasmine, Mulan, Pocahontas, Belle, Ariel, Cinderella, and Moana who all correlate with the castle exterior) stories come to life at Hong Kong Disneyland's Castle of Magical Dreams using screens to show different scenes in a mosaic form to retell each classic princess story.​

Last edited:

InspectorSpacetime

MYSTERY CASTLE

IMG_0087.jpeg

Mystery Castle is a sister attraction to the Haunted Mansion, marrying that classic’s jovial frights with the conceptual basis of the Cinderella Castle Mystery Tour, sending omnimover carriage buggies, with narration from the Magic Mirror, past unexplained magical happenings (tapestries whose subjects seem alive and a "Higitus Figitus" style furniture whirlwind), through semi-ominous dungeons (a crow-guarded cauldron of boiling potions and the animated black armour of a knight and his horse), leading to the chilling caves of a waking dragon before we can return to the bright, fairytale castle above.

Evilgidgit

KNAVES OF THE ROUND TABLE
sword-in-stone-disneyscreencaps.com-2744.jpg

Cometh forth, valorous guests, to the courtyard of our royal castle, to participate in trials to decideth whether thou has't the qualities of a Knight of the Round Table; learning how to useth the sword, shield, and lance, and to joust (minus the actual horse), to understandeth the valour and code of chivalry, as hath taught by the squabbling Sir Ector, Sir Kay, and Merlin, and those who succeed shalt beest granted an honourary knight of the Land of Disney!

(Translated via the Shakepseare translator!)

VaderTron

Tinkerbell's Flight to Neverland.jpg

While the nearby Robin Hood float-through partial dark ride navigates the river leading into The Castle dungeon in “Robin Hood’s River Rescue”, the experience all remember most about The Castle invites you into the tallest spire via elevator, bringing the bravest and the boldest to test their faith in the power of pixie dust that’s sprinkled on riders who must get a firm grip on a happy thought and their harness (and a pen to sign the 40 page waiver) and ‘jump out’ of Wendy’s window (zipline) to the chorus of “You can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can flyyyyyy!” landing riders in Tinkerbell’s house in Neverland (a section of Fantasyland).

Last edited:

NigelChanning

Once Upon a Time

Once Upon a Time is a trackless dark ride where guests enter scenes from their favorite Disney Princess movies and dance along to favorite songs like “I See the Light“, “Tale as Old as Time“, and “So This is Love” all narrated by the Fairy Godmother on a magical adventure through Disney’s most magical moments.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom