1 - One Sentence Competition, Season Five Episode 3

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
DAILY DISCUSSION QUESTION
Of all the Disney Parks in the world that you haven’t been to, which one would you most like to visit?

I’ll answer first. Oddly for a Disney fan, my blind spot is Walt Disney World; I’ve been to all the other parks worldwide. And among Florida’s parks, Animal Kingdom intrigues me the most. It looks like the most unique park which has no counterpart anywhere else. The level of realistic detail I’ve seen in photos reminds me of DisneySea. The park’s ideas, the way it carries its theme of man coexisting with nature, looks unparalleled.

I waaasss gonna say Disneyland Paris. One of my favorite things to do in a theme park is wander around and get lost in the world. Disneyland Paris just looks so beautiful and has so many interesting looking walk through experiences!

I shouldn’t be surprised that Tokyo DisneySea is the standout response. :hilarious: Perhaps a good follow up question would be:

What specific aspect of DisneySea intrigues you the most?

DisneySea is a close second! For me it's the scale. How huge things like the volcano seem. I love over the top experiences like that. Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Posiedon's Fury... Anything with such a massive scale is incredible. Seeing a whole park like that would be breathtaking!

Tux

Count me in! I'll gladly participate in this challenge, I should be able to focus throughout. Can't wait to see what comes up!

Welcome to the game, everybody! Glad to see such enthusiasm for what has always been a really fun competition.

Challenge One will begin on August 5th (when the clock strikes midnight EST). Until then we can engage in some discussion questions, or even a Practice Prompt if anyone is interested.

Of all the Disney Parks in the world that you haven’t been to, which one would you most like to visit?

I’ll answer first. Oddly for a Disney fan, my blind spot is Walt Disney World; I’ve been to all the other parks worldwide. And among Florida’s parks, Animal Kingdom intrigues me the most. It looks like the most unique park which has no counterpart anywhere else. The level of realistic detail I’ve seen in photos reminds me of DisneySea. The park’s ideas, the way it carries its theme of man coexisting with nature, looks unparalleled.

Like mostly everyone else, Disneysea, and my explanation is down below with the follow up question.

It's probably the amount of care and attention to detail that was put into the park as a whole. Outside of maybe one attraction (Nemo & Friends Searider) which has a clash between the plot and the ride type, this is probably the closest a Disney park has come to absolute perfection in almost every element. Good balance of original and IP based properties? Check. A well rounded amount of attractions that gives you enough to do in your spare time while still having a sum of E-Tickets? Check. Good dining options? Check. Good overall atmosphere and theming? Check. Good Entertainment? Check. The park practically has it all, and it may not be the most well known, the most advertised, or the largest park, but all of the other elements combined make the park one of the best, and it gives the impression that everyone that worked on the park really cared for it. I really wish I could go there some day and check it out.

Last edited:

D Hulk

i thought we were supposed to answer the question in one sentence or is that not a thing?
This question isn’t yet part of the game, it’s simply a discussion question to get players psyched up.

Challenge One drops on August 5th, with in-depth rules provided to clarify the one-sentence structure. Check out the links in my intro post to past episodes if you’d like to see more of how the game works.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This question isn’t yet part of the game, it’s simply a discussion question to get players psyched up.

Challenge One drops on August 5th, with in-depth rules provided to clarify the one-sentence structure. Check out the links in my intro post to past episodes if you’d like to see more of how the game works.
oh so for now you guys are just have a general chat and the one sentence thing doesn't apply?

Outbound

What is your favorite attraction in any Disney Castle Park? Oh, and why?

Big Thunder Mountain, mainly for nostalgia but I still enjoy riding it today. The first time I ever went to Disneyworld I loved it so much we rode it four times in a single day. And that was during Christmas season, oh god we must have done nothing else that day now that I think about it...

Suchomimus

Tokyo DisneySea and Disneyland Paris
Theming and originality.
Which is your favorite land in any Disney Castle Park?
A tie between Disneyland Paris' iteration of Fantasyland and Frontierland.
What is your favorite attraction in any Disney Castle Park? Oh, and why?
Big Thunder Mountain. Each of the 4 parks have there own iterations of the attraction (though I wish Tokyo's version had better establishment as to where the mining town is and what it's called, and maybe choose another disaster like constant sandstorms or lightning storms instead of flash floods). It was also the first big roller coaster I rode when I came to WDW and I'm also a huge locomotive fan.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom