1 Day too early for free dining

lindasworld

Original Poster
Does anyone know, if I come one day to early for free dining, just pay the first night for room only, and our free dining package starts the next day. 1- could we still use the magical express from the airport with just 1 day room only? and 2- if we stayed the first night as the rest of the stay would they make us change rooms?
Seems like this should work but wondering if anyone has done this for a discount deal.

nepalostparks

Absolutely you can use Magical Express with a room only reservation.

Chances are you'll be able to keep the same room, but not a guarantee. When you check in for the first night, just let them know you have a second reservation and would like to stay in the same room. You still will have to stop in the following day to check out/check back in on the new reservation.

lindasworld

Original Poster
thanks, I thought it sounded right and that it should work. It's worth paying for additional night under $300.00 to get 11 days of free dining. Thanks again.

Rob562

You'll just want to make sure that your arrival flight info is associated with the *first* reservation and your departure flight info is associated with your *second* reservation.

Also, if they send you yellow luggage tags connected to your *second* reservation, make sure *not* to use them.

If you were to put them on your bags, it's possible that they'd get set aside at the airport because the system would see them as arriving before the reservation associated with them. So they could get flagged as a problem and end up in some kind of limbo. Best to avoid any problems and throw out any luggage tags associated with your second ressie.

-Rob

lindasworld

Original Poster
That's very helpful, Thank You. I don't know for sure if I would have thought of that. So use the tags for the first ressie to get there. throw out the 2nd set.

lindasworld

Original Poster
I know right. My DH and I made a pack 8 years ago. If he takes me somewhere during December for Vacation he doesn't have to put the decorations up. So this will be our 8th Xmas in a row to go to DW. We always go for a minium stay of 10 days but usually 12-14 days. The best part we're never home on Christmas anyway, we're always at the grandkids house. So it's a win win for both us. It keeps us young. Just praying free dining comes out again for winter like usual. Keeping my fingers crossed.

tare

The magical express is for anyone stating at a disney resort for one night or a hundred. Haha. 100 days and nights at disney would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom