1-day Passport to Tokyo Disney?

a2grafix

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I will have a chance in the coming weeks to visit Tokyo Disney and visit both parks.

I am researching the resort and planning my free weekend in around around Tokyo.

I noticed that Tokyo Disney has a 1-day passport. Is the price of the ticket considered a parkhopper of sorts so I can go between Disneyland and Sea throughout the day or do I need to purchase a separate entry for DisneySea?

Easiest way to get to Tokyo Disney for me will be by train. I am going to be working on the western side of Tokyo in Fussa prefecture. What are the train line colors I need to look out for when traveling into Tokyo Station and what station do I need to exit to get to Tokyo Disney?

Unfortunately my time in Tokyo is limited and I will work and see a lot during my brief trip to the Land of the Rising Sun. Planning out my off-hours calendar for the week. Thank you in advance!

GiveMeTheMusic

Hi everyone. I will have a chance in the coming weeks to visit Tokyo Disney and visit both parks.

I am researching the resort and planning my free weekend in around around Tokyo.

I noticed that Tokyo Disney has a 1-day passport. Is the price of the ticket considered a parkhopper of sorts so I can go between Disneyland and Sea throughout the day or do I need to purchase a separate entry for DisneySea?

Easiest way to get to Tokyo Disney for me will be by train. I am going to be working on the western side of Tokyo in Fussa prefecture. What are the train line colors I need to look out for when traveling into Tokyo Station and what station do I need to exit to get to Tokyo Disney?

Unfortunately my time in Tokyo is limited and I will work and see a lot during my brief trip to the Land of the Rising Sun. Planning out my off-hours calendar for the week. Thank you in advance!

Tokyo Disney does not offer 1 day park hoppers. If you want to visit both parks in one day, you will need to buy separate 1 day tickets for each park. I would recommend buying them in advance and printing them at home from reserve.tokyodisneyresort.jp (look for an English link near the top), as ticket booth lines can be incredibly long.

As for trains, the Tokyo rail system is incredibly complicated. I would recommend using Google Maps or this site to plan your train route. You'll need to input your origin station and the destination (Maihama Station is the train station that services TDR).

lazyboy97o

Do note that theTokyo Disney Resort is served by JR East and not the subways. They are completely different systems and do not share ticketing. JR East does offer an unlimited rides pass for foreign visitors if you plan to use the trains a lot.

a2grafix

Original Poster
Good information from both of you -- Give Me The Music and Lazyboy 97. I searched a little more on this forum section and noticed that a "passport" ticket is not a park hopper ticket and most of the WDW Magic friends have purchased multi-day passes and visited TDR several days.

Unfortunately I have one day, and I will be purchasing the park tickets in advance of my visit. I believe the best option for me and my coworkers who will be joining me is to purchase a 1-day passport ticket for either Disneyland or DisneySea and purchase a reduced admission ticket for the other park. We plan on visiting TDR on a Saturday likely, and the lower rate ticket allows guests to enter at 1500 / 3pm. We plan to spend all day and into the night at TDR, maxing out from 0800 - 2200.

As for the trains, yes very confusing. But I have resources and work associates who know more than me about the train system.

I do see that TDR has its own monorail system that is like $10US / 450-500-600 Y for a day pass. Wonder if the Tokyo Rail system is similar to the Washington DC colored METRO system and that Tokyo Rail has some set pricing for weekend travel (i.e. day passes per km).

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Good information from both of you -- Give Me The Music and Lazyboy 97. I searched a little more on this forum section and noticed that a "passport" ticket is not a park hopper ticket and most of the WDW Magic friends have purchased multi-day passes and visited TDR several days.

Unfortunately I have one day, and I will be purchasing the park tickets in advance of my visit. I believe the best option for me and my coworkers who will be joining me is to purchased a 1-day passport ticket for either Disneyland or DisneySea and purchase a reduced admission ticket for the other park. We plan on visiting TDR on a Saturday likely, and the lower rate ticket allows gets to enter at 1500 / 3pm. We plan to spend all day and into the night at TDR, maxing out from 0800 - 2200.

As for the trains, yes very confusing. But I have resources and work associates who know more than me about the train system.

I do see that TDR has its own monorail system that is like $10US / 450-500-600 Y for a day pass. Wonder if the Tokyo Rail system is similar to the Washington DC colored METRO system and that Tokyo Rail has some set pricing for weekend travel (i.e. day passes per km).

In Tokyo, you can purchase a Suica or Pasmo card and load it at any train station. That stored value card can then be used to board any trains in the Tokyo metro area, including the TDR monorail. I highly recommend it.

retwinked

Since you only have one day, go to Disney SEA. I've said this before many times but if it comes down to having to choose only one, let it be Sea because it's the only Disney park of its kind in the world. Land is basically a mesh of the US parks, but Sea is wholly unique.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom