1 Day at DLP

Ag11gani

Original Poster
I'll be going to DLP on the 10th of February, for one day and I would like some help in how to do as much as possible. We plan to arrive by RER at around 09:30 and would like to know where to go first.

We're not big on thrills so Space Mountain, Indy and Rockin' Rollercoaster aren't necessary. So the priorities for us would be Peter Pan, Thunder Mountain, Ratatouille and Mickey and the Magician.

Will the parks be busy? Any advice on how to do these things would be appreciated.

AndyS2992

Generic repost from previous threads:
If you only have a short time in Paris then a 1 day 2 park ticket should be fine if you want to hit up both parks but if you don't care about the Studios then spending one whole day in Disneyland is fine too. There is no Magic Band but if you stay in a Disney Hotel you do get a Magic+ card which acts as your park ticket, hotel door key, dining plan card and can be used to charge things. Standard old paper fastpass is in operation here but you can purchase an Ultimate Fastpass should you need it. All attractions and shows are a mix of English and French. With Tower of Terror, elevators 1 and 2 are French, 3 is English.

Disneyland Must Dos:
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Phantom Manor
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Indiana Jones & the temple of peril
-Peter Pan's Flight
-It's a Small World
-Hyperspace Mountain
-Star Tours 2.0
-Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
-Disney Illuminations
*Also don't forget to check out the dragon under the castle ;)

Studios Must Dos:
-Crush's Coaster
-Ratatouille
-RC Racer
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n Rollercoaster
-Mickey and the Magician
*Backlot Tour (It's terrible but still has Catastrophe Canyon if that is something you care about, Lights, Motors Action is also still in in the park)

If you make good use of Fastpass (or even buy Ultimate FP if you have to) you can easily hit up all these attractions and more in a single day. Also if you are burger and fries kinda person then do not eat in the parks, extremely overpriced, walk out to Disney Village and go to McDonald's instead, it's half the price. But if you don't care about prices then Walt's on Main Street USA and Bistrot Chez Remy in Studios are pretty popular choices. You also have Rainforest Cafe and Five Guys in Disney Village. If you are looking for merch then The Emporium on Main Street, Studio 1 in Studios and World of Disney in Disney Village are your best bet. Should you want a unique experience from your visit then the PanoraMagique balloon in Disney Village is also an option if it is operating.

Non Generic part
February 10th is a Sunday so the park will be busy with usual weekend crowds and also appears to be a school holiday in French School Zone B which may up the crowds more but being February I don't think it will be all that bad still. The popular Pirate and Princess Festival and Star Wars Celebration are also running so again expect crowds. Should you feel the crowds are impacting your plans then make use of standard Fastpass and buy an ultimate Fastpass set for added reassurance if you want. More information here: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/fastpass/

Ride Closures for your trip:
Disneyland Park

Disneyland Railroad
Phantom Manor
Autopia
Walt Disney Studios
Studio Tram Tour
Cars Quatre Roues Rallye
Art of Disney Animation

Ag11gani

Original Poster
Generic repost from previous threads:
If you only have a short time in Paris then a 1 day 2 park ticket should be fine if you want to hit up both parks but if you don't care about the Studios then spending one whole day in Disneyland is fine too. There is no Magic Band but if you stay in a Disney Hotel you do get a Magic+ card which acts as your park ticket, hotel door key, dining plan card and can be used to charge things. Standard old paper fastpass is in operation here but you can purchase an Ultimate Fastpass should you need it. All attractions and shows are a mix of English and French. With Tower of Terror, elevators 1 and 2 are French, 3 is English.

Disneyland Must Dos:
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Phantom Manor
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-Indiana Jones & the temple of peril
-Peter Pan's Flight
-It's a Small World
-Hyperspace Mountain
-Star Tours 2.0
-Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast
-Disney Illuminations
*Also don't forget to check out the dragon under the castle ;)

Studios Must Dos:
-Crush's Coaster
-Ratatouille
-RC Racer
-Tower of Terror
-Rock n Rollercoaster
-Mickey and the Magician
*Backlot Tour (It's terrible but still has Catastrophe Canyon if that is something you care about, Lights, Motors Action is also still in in the park)

If you make good use of Fastpass (or even buy Ultimate FP if you have to) you can easily hit up all these attractions and more in a single day. Also if you are burger and fries kinda person then do not eat in the parks, extremely overpriced, walk out to Disney Village and go to McDonald's instead, it's half the price. But if you don't care about prices then Walt's on Main Street USA and Bistrot Chez Remy in Studios are pretty popular choices. You also have Rainforest Cafe and Five Guys in Disney Village. If you are looking for merch then The Emporium on Main Street, Studio 1 in Studios and World of Disney in Disney Village are your best bet. Should you want a unique experience from your visit then the PanoraMagique balloon in Disney Village is also an option if it is operating.

Non Generic part
February 10th is a Sunday so the park will be busy with usual weekend crowds and also appears to be a school holiday in French School Zone B which may up the crowds more but being February I don't think it will be all that bad still. The popular Pirate and Princess Festival and Star Wars Celebration are also running so again expect crowds. Should you feel the crowds are impacting your plans then make use of standard Fastpass and buy an ultimate Fastpass set for added reassurance if you want. More information here: https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/fastpass/

Ride Closures for your trip:
Disneyland Park

Disneyland Railroad
Phantom Manor
Autopia
Walt Disney Studios
Studio Tram Tour
Cars Quatre Roues Rallye
Art of Disney Animation

What fastpasses would be the biggest priority, I'm thinking Peter Pan but I'm not too sure?

aquitania

Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan definitely for Disneyland and Ratatouille for Studios.

Seconded! If you're arriving at 9.30 the park should already be open/letting visitors in, so your main choice is where to be for rope drop. As fantasyland is already open as part of EMH I'd suggest heading to frontierland and trying to hit BTM as your first ride. the only issue being that the ride has technical issues more frequently than most and you may find that it's not open/operational yet. Alternatively, enjoy Main Street and head into fantasy land to grab the Peter Pan FP before using the time to exploring that area and the castle which is well worth it!

If you're not too worried about the thrill rides (which tend to have the long queues) you should get most of the other rides done with some clever FP work - and have time for catch some of the shows. I'd probably flag Buzz Lightyear as a likely FP candidate.

Have you considered Crush's Coaster? It's not a thrill ride and its lots of fun (still a 'coaster' but no loops roughly equivalent intensity to BTM). It would however mean you'd need to go to the studio park first things as there is no FP for it and that would alter your plans as you'd spend the morning doing Crush/Rataoullie/Mickey and the Magician then heading to the Disneyland Park later (risking FP's being gone).

Ag11gani

Original Poster
Seconded! If you're arriving at 9.30 the park should already be open/letting visitors in, so your main choice is where to be for rope drop. As fantasyland is already open as part of EMH I'd suggest heading to frontierland and trying to hit BTM as your first ride. the only issue being that the ride has technical issues more frequently than most and you may find that it's not open/operational yet. Alternatively, enjoy Main Street and head into fantasy land to grab the Peter Pan FP before using the time to exploring that area and the castle which is well worth it!

If you're not too worried about the thrill rides (which tend to have the long queues) you should get most of the other rides done with some clever FP work - and have time for catch some of the shows. I'd probably flag Buzz Lightyear as a likely FP candidate.

Have you considered Crush's Coaster? It's not a thrill ride and its lots of fun (still a 'coaster' but no loops roughly equivalent intensity to BTM). It would however mean you'd need to go to the studio park first things as there is no FP for it and that would alter your plans as you'd spend the morning doing Crush/Rataoullie/Mickey and the Magician then heading to the Disneyland Park later (risking FP's being gone).

Is it possible to get a FP for Peter Pan at 09:30 or do I have to wait till 10:00, because I'm not a hotel guest?

As for Crush, while I think I'd be able to handle it, I feel like I would rather get Peter Pan and Thunder Mountain done first and then see if the wait time is low enough (which I don't think it will).
Thanks for the info.

AndyS2992

Is it possible to get a FP for Peter Pan at 09:30 or do I have to wait till 10:00, because I'm not a hotel guest?

As for Crush, while I think I'd be able to handle it, I feel like I would rather get Peter Pan and Thunder Mountain done first and then see if the wait time is low enough (which I don't think it will).
Thanks for the info.
Fastpass machines are supposed to be turned on at park opening so 10:00 but are usually pretty late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom