1 BR at WL or Standard at Poly?

mdubm

Original Poster
We are currently booked in a standard room standard view at Poly for one night at the tail end of our trip. We'll spend a half day in MK on this day. It seems I'm reading lots of negative reviews about Poly lately and people complaining it's dated and not worth the money. So I did some quick checking and found a 1 bedroom villa for $50 more at Boulder Ridge Villas at WL. Looking forward to spending time at resort and the pools and possibly catching fireworks. Any insight?

A few other small details: going in June, so construction will still be ongoing at WL, although I'm not majorly concerned with that. We'll also be traveling with a double stroller that I may have to fold up to get on the boat at WL.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Stay with Poly.

The new WL pool will not be open yet. The main pool is small and gets very crowded. With the Poly you have access to two pools and more chairs.

You can't really see Wishes from WL but you have a perfect view from the Poly beach. Great view of Electrical Water Pageant too.

You can either take the monorail or a boat from Poly to MK. There's nothing like a monorail ride.

wannabeBelle

Of the two Poly would be my choice. Be sure to review the sleeping arrangements at the 1 bed room as some of these beds will be pull outs and may not be comfortable for your party. Wilderness Lodge is a great resort though, I stayed CL there a few years back and it was awesome!! Marie

mdubm

Original Poster
I was just having a debate in my head this am to switch from WL to Poly LOL. Nice to know fellow travelers have resort switch thoughts too.
My husband is tired of hearing about resorts from me. We've switched like 5 times already. Prices and availability kept changing. We started at AoA and then I eventually found YC club level for almost same price as family suite. We lose the space of the suite, but gain the location perks. This is for the first part of our stay. We are only doing Poly the last night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom