1 1/2 day MK touring plan

tbone711

I was hoping for some advice on touring on Sunday, November 26th and Wednesday the 29th of this year. My family of 5 (7,8,15)will be visiting the MK both days. I know the 26th is MVMCP so we’ll be leaving the park by 6 and plan on being there at rope drop. What is a good touring plan, with fast passes, for that day. I don’t believe my children will be interested in Space Miuntain or Thunder Railroad so I wouldn’t need FP for those. We’ll be returning on Wednesday for a full day in the park so I’m just wondering what would be the best plan of attack on Sunday. Thanks for any advice as this is our first trip tomDisney so we’re not concerned with rushing through but I would like to have a basic plan.

DisneyDayDreamer

I was hoping for some advice on touring on Sunday, November 26th and Wednesday the 29th of this year. My family of 5 (7,8,15)will be visiting the MK both days. I know the 26th is MVMCP so we’ll be leaving the park by 6 and plan on being there at rope drop. What is a good touring plan, with fast passes, for that day. I don’t believe my children will be interested in Space Miuntain or Thunder Railroad so I wouldn’t need FP for those. We’ll be returning on Wednesday for a full day in the park so I’m just wondering what would be the best plan of attack on Sunday. Thanks for any advice as this is our first trip tomDisney so we’re not concerned with rushing through but I would like to have a basic plan.

The parks will be extremely busy during the time you are there. I'm not sure what you mean by touring, but if you aren't interested in the roller coasters then you can make your fast passes for other things. My Disney Experience will allow for you to make 3 fast passes ahead of time in the same park. Also, I would switch your days. Magic Kingdom, especially at a busy time of year is an ALL DAY park. It is truly easy to be there from rope drop until park close (and you still won't catch anything). I think you will be wasting your two days by only visiting MK. There are 3 other theme parks at WDW that allow for you to fully immerse yourself in a new experience. Also, you should make dining reservations now, you will not be able to eat at a sit down restaurant without one. I hope I covered any questions you had.

Upvote 0

tbone711

Original Poster
We actually have 5 day tickets(No Park Hopper) from Sunday to Thursday but, from what I've heard, Sunday and Wednesday would be decent days to visit MK. Sunday is a MVMCP and I was told that it's less crowded during the day of this event. Wednesday was like a 5 or 6 on the crowd meter I saw. I'm not too worried about dinner reservations. My main question was really where we should visit on that Sunday to start our trip and could leave the rest for our visit on Wednesday. Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

DisneyDayDreamer

We actually have 5 day tickets(No Park Hopper) from Sunday to Thursday but, from what I've heard, Sunday and Wednesday would be decent days to visit MK. Sunday is a MVMCP and I was told that it's less crowded during the day of this event. Wednesday was like a 5 or 6 on the crowd meter I saw. I'm not too worried about dinner reservations. My main question was really where we should visit on that Sunday to start our trip and could leave the rest for our visit on Wednesday. Thanks for your help!

The reason that time of year is crowded, is because of Thanksgiving. I went last year at that time and not many attractions had short waits (all were upwards of 2-3 hours). I would start in Fantasy land if y'all are going back a few days later. Enjoy the child like nature of the area. Can't misses: Peter Pan's Flight, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Dumbo, and Small World. These are my favorite in the area. Also, you must ride pirates of the caribbean, haunted mansion, jungle cruise (try to fast pass this one), tomorrow land transit authority, Buzz Lightyear, and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. For dining, try Crystal Palace (for either breakfast or dinner as a sit down), Pecos Bills in Frontier Land, or Colombia Harbor House.

Upvote 0

Rsj88

It kind of depends on what you can get for fast passes and when they are. Some rides with long waits you might want to get passes for are Peter Pan, 7DMT, and Splash Mountain. If you don't enjoy roller coasters then maybe think about getting a FP for Jungle Cruise or Haunted Mansion. One strategy is just to pick a side and work your way around. Then the next day you go start at the other side. We usually do Tomorrowland first just because it's our favorite. As the day goes on we keep an eye on the wait times on the app. If a line is really long then we skip it and come back later when the line is shorter or hit it the next day at ripe drop. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

We usually do MK in 1.5 days, as well. As a general rule of thumb, we'll rope drop Fantasyland (Pan, Pooh, 7DMT with FP+, Dumbo, Mermaid, Carrousel, small world, Philharmagic), work toward Liberty Square, Frontierland and Adventureland (Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Splash, Pirates - whichever we can get FP+ for, and trying for a fourth FP+ as soon as we scan for the third), followed by Country Bears, Muppet show and lunch at Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House. After lunch and a 2-3 hour nap break, we return around 4pm to finish out Frontierland and Adventureland (e.g., Swiss Family Treehouse, Jungle Cruise, Aladdin, Tiki Room, whatever headliners couldn't FP+ earlier), and see the Fireworks.

On our remaining half-day, we do all of Tomorrowland, revisit favorite attractions throughout the park, and if desired, see the parade and/or squeeze in a couple of meet-and-greets or a visit to Tom Sawyer Island.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom