“I don’t always violate the HOV lane law … but when I do, I get a $124 ticket.”

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
I don't always share every news story I read, but when I do, they are insanely epic like this one. Enjoy.

http://q13fox.com/2015/03/24/cardboard-most-interesting-man-in-world-fails-as-carpool-lane-ruse/
"FIFE, Wash. (AP) — A Washington State Patrol trooper says it’s by far the best carpool scam he’s seen, but it didn’t work.

A motorcycle trooper parked along Interstate 5 near Tacoma on Monday afternoon spotted a driver and a rather unusual “passenger” pass by him in the carpool lane.

When the trooper stopped the car, he discovered the “passenger” was a cardboard cutout of the actor who portrays “The Most Interesting Man in the World” in Dos Equis beer ads.

The driver’s response?

“He’s my best friend.”

The Most Interesting Man was not confiscated, but the driver was told not to use him again.

Channeling the cardboard cutout, the State Patrol tweeted: “I don’t always violate the HOV lane law … but when I do, I get a $124 ticket.”

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Funny, this type of stunt has been pulled a number of times in the past (various states), believe it or not. Some people have used those inflatable mannequins and sat them in the passenger seat! :p

NYwdwfan

I once got pulled over in HOV lane on the Long Island Express way. It was myself and my two children in the car, the officer couldn't see the kids so he thought I was all alone. He walked up and saw the kids and said that I could go.

I've had friends that has happened to as well.

Nemo14

I just take a few of these guys with me...
th

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
I just take a few of these guys with me...
th
:hilarious:

Which begs the question: Which cardboard cutout celebrity would YOU pick to be your "passenger" in a car if you were to pull the same stunt as the driver in the news story? Not recommending that you actually do it, but hypothetically, who would it be?

Mine is Meg Crofton. At least when the officer walks up to my window, I'd have someone to blame for my actions.

Arthur Wellesley

Original Poster
Aren't you worried the cop might mistake Busey for a rabid animal and open fire on your car?
She could have a sign on her back window stating: WARNING! Gary Busey (his likeness, at least) Is Present In This Vehicle.

Unfortunately though, this would also completely destroy her subtleness of using a cutout to begin with. I suppose it's safer for everybody to go back to that old simple rule:

"Sometimes it's better just to not include Gary Busey at all." -Hollywood

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom