“Happiest Celebration on Earth” and May 2005 Crowds

Computer Magic

We are looking at returning to Disney World the end of May. Our weekend at Disney would be Memorial Weekend. My question, how crowded will it be the week before Memorial into Memorial Weekend. If the crowds are normally large, what will happened with what's going on (see list):

The "Happiest Celebration on Earth" starts in May 2005. There will be many new attractions opening (if on schedule)
  • Soarin' – is officially scheduled to open in May 2005, but may have an earlier soft opening
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show, an American version of the popular Moteurs… Action! Stunt show from the Walt Disney Studios at Disneyland Paris – is officially scheduled to debut in May 2005.
  • Star Wars Weekends (
  • link). Weekends in May – June TBA. (if this is actually happening in 2005)
  • Flower and Garden festival
Is this suicide especially for people that are use to March and September crowds?

Thanks for your advice.

nmj91385

Good question! I too will be traveling to the world somewhere around May 17. I didn't think about larger crowds due to the huge event. Plus there is also the Flower and Garden festival at this time too. Hopefully crowds won't be too bad. Does anybody else have any thought on this?

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
nmj91385 said:
Good question! I too will be traveling to the world somewhere around May 17. I didn't think about larger crowds due to the huge event. Plus there is also the Flower and Garden festival at this time too. Hopefully crowds won't be too bad. Does anybody else have any thought on this?
I'll add the Flower and Garden festival to the top thread.

Good point.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
On Memorial Day weekend the crowds are huge. The weeks before and after are pretty light. Last year gay days were held on the weekend after Memorial Day. During that weekend MK was real busy but the other 3 parks were pretty light. The only event during that time I can really comment on are Star Wars weekends. (Go figure :hammer: )They will usually have 4 weeks between May and June (last 2 in May first 2 in June or something simillar) for those MGM will be pretty busy around The Star Tours attraction. If you want to get autographs on SWW you might want to consider staying on property so you can get in an hour early. You must have a fast pass to get an autograph and on the days that open early for resort guests they are usually gone before the general public gets in.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:
On Memorial Day weekend the crowds are huge. The weeks before and after are pretty light. Last year gay days were held on the weekend after Memorial Day. During that weekend MK was real busy but the other 3 parks were pretty light. The only event during that time I can really comment on are Star Wars weekends. (Go figure :hammer: )They will usually have 4 weeks between May and June (last 2 in May first 2 in June or something simillar) for those MGM will be pretty busy around The Star Tours attraction. If you want to get autographs on SWW you might want to consider staying on property so you can get in an hour early. You must have a fast pass to get an autograph and on the days that open early for resort guests they are usually gone before the general public gets in.
Star Wars weekend is one of the many reasons I'm considering going during that time. I hope they have Star Wars Weekend. I have heard they don't have Star Wars Weekend when a new Star Wars film is released.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I haven’t heard that before. And they are listed for 2005 on Disney's website. It would make some sense because the always release star wars movies in May. However the only person that I can think of that they regularly have at SWW that will be in ROTS is Peter Mahew (Chewie). Most of the other guests are from the EP4-EP6 movies. I hope they do have them this year my goal is to attend each one.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Original Poster
Master Yoda said:
I haven’t heard that before. And they are listed for 2005 on Disney's website. It would make some sense because the always release star wars movies in May. However the only person that I can think of that they regularly have at SWW that will be in ROTS is Peter Mahew (Chewie). Most of the other guests are from the EP4-EP6 movies. I hope they do have them this year my goal is to attend each one.
Release Date of ROTS: Thursday, May 19, 2005. Not that I'm waiting :lookaroun . I plan to see that at the DTD movie complex while I'm there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom