Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Travel day continued

Since we were in the state of Florida, it was time for a tradition that I started on our 2013 trip.

Traffic wasn’t bad at all going through Jacksonville.

This picture was taken just before 3.

About an hour and 15mins later we were getting on 4 in Daytona.

I thought this SDD billboard was cool.

35 mins later, we were passing the “i4 eyesore”, so I knew we were close to Orlando.

We rolled into Orlando at exactly 4:53

Once we passed the Amway Center, traffic started to clog up. I think it began to move again around the exit for universal. I can’t remember the exact time we arrived at the hotel, but it was before 6. This was definitely the fastest we’ve ever made it down.

After relaxing for a bit, and letting a pop up shower pass, we drove over to DS (less than 10mins away) for dinner.

One of the most beautiful sights your eyes will ever see.

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Parking was hell! We went for the orange garage and the system that tells you how many spaces are available for each aisle was down. :banghead: CMs that were supposed to be directing traffic weren’t doing anything except staring into space. After 15-20mins of looping around, we finally got a spot.

Originally, we were thinking about Earl of Sandwich, but it was cold, windy, and still misting rain, and all the indoor places were packed, so we braved the elements and decided on the Daily Poutine instead.

L and I both got the classic poutine

:hungry::hungry: It was sooo good, especially the gravy. Perfect on a cold, rainy night. And the portion was very generous. I almost couldn’t finish it all. I’ll go ahead and say that it was one of the best things I ate on this trip.

By the time we finished our poutine, we were tired and ready to head back to the hotel, but since the World of Disney was right next to us, we ducked our heads inside for a few minutes.

It was a mad house! We didn’t stay in there long at all.

Up next: Leaving DS

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
L and I both got the classic poutine
View attachment 359495
:hungry::hungry: It was sooo good, especially the gravy. Perfect on a cold, rainy night. And the portion was very generous. I almost couldn’t finish it all. I’ll go ahead and say that it was one of the best things I ate on this trip.

My BFF is home this week... and she also had Daily Poutine... she said it was so good!

I was reluctant to try it last trip as I figured it wouldn’t live up to real Canadian poutine but I’ll try to check it out in May.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
My BFF is home this week... and she also had Daily Poutine... she said it was so good!
I was reluctant to try it last trip as I figured it wouldn’t live up to real Canadian poutine but I’ll try to check it out in May.
I thought it was good. The gravy had a tang to it that I liked. The portions are bigger at the Daily Poutine than at Refreshment Port in EPCOT.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster

TongaToast21

The thing I hate most about Disney vacations is leaving my dog behind and seeing his sad little face looking at us as we leave. I have a new pet sitter this year so I hope he likes her and she gives him a lot of attention. I thought about taking him with us to a pet friendly resort at WDW but it would make him too stressed being in a new place all alone for hours at a time.
agreed, but at least they have the disney tails collection to spoil him/her when you come back! I got a madame leota tomb stone chew toy for my italian greyhound, and a cute mickey pants bandana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom