Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

Up next: More EPCOT

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Not TR related, but Maggie had her surgery yesterday. She stayed at the vet overnight and M and L brought her home today.

I’m glad to say that the surgery was a success and she’s doing great! L said the pain medication is making her drowsy, so she’s been sleeping a lot since they got back.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Wishing a speedy recovery to little miss Maggie. Hopefully she won't have to wear the cone of shame for very long.
14nd8wp.jpg

Alpha kinda' deserved it though... ;)
Thanks! She isn’t a fan of the cone of shame at all. In the past, the vet has given her the cones made of fabric, but she’s eaten like 5 of them, so this time they broke out the heavy duty plastic cone. :hilarious:

MegRuss626

Thanks! She isn’t a fan of the cone of shame at all. In the past, the vet has given her the cones made of fabric, but she’s eaten like 5 of them, so this time they broke out the heavy duty plastic cone. :hilarious:

My one dog did not care for the cone of shame either....we got her an inflatable one from petco I think years ago. It’s kind of like a little inner tube! Hope she has an easy and quick recovery!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

We popped in Mouse Gear on the way out. L wanted to look for some postcards. She usually has good luck finding them in there. I think she found some but was going to wait and get them on Tuesday. It was almost slammed packed inside, so we didn’t stay in there long.

Imo, this is the greatest view of SE ever.

Nighttime, palm trees, purple. Nuff said.

Up next: More leaving

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Leaving continued

We grabbed some PP pics on the way out.

Thankfully, the line for the bus wasn’t long and one was pulling in as soon as we walked up.

This bus was OLD. Look at those seats. And they smelled too.

I tried to get a pic of Gran Destino Tower.

Except for the seats, the ride back was pleasant, until we arrived at the gate for the ALL-Stars. There were about 10 cars in the bus lane and they were blocking the buses from getting through. We were at a complete standstill for nearly 15mins! :mad: I wasn’t mad at the bus driver because it wasn’t his fault nor could he do anything about it. The bus only lane is clearly marked, making it easy to identify it from the regular car lane. I thought we’d never get back, but we did.

It was between 10:30 and 10:45 when we got back. We moved the car over to the parking lot by Broadway and began to unload. We unpacked, relaxed, then went to bed around 11:45.

We were tired and had a early morning planned. Needless to say I fell asleep quickly. Overall, we had a good 1st day!

Up next: Day 2!

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Monday March 18th: AK

My alarm went off at 6am but I didn’t get out of the bed until 6:10. AK had EMH this morning, so the plan was to catch the first bus. (6:30am) When I checked the weather it said that it was 48 degrees. It had been raining overnight so I was like this is Florida, it’s not going to be a cold 48, it’ll get hot and humid fast. So I threw on a T-shirt and a pair of shorts and was ready by 6:18. L was a little slow getting started, so she was going to meet me at the bus stop.

It was still pretty dark outside.

I arrived at the bus stop at 6:23.

It looked like a ghost town.

I was the only person out here!

Ok, so I had made a huge mistake by wearing a T-shirt. It was absolutely freezing! The wind was blowing and felt like ice. I called L to see if she had left the room yet and thankfully she hadn’t, so I told her to grab my hoodie. She made it to the bus stop and I couldn’t put my hoodie on fast enough.

The bus was running severely late. It finally rolled up at 6:56.

There weren’t many people on board from Sports, but we picked up a big crowd from Movies.

We arrived at AK at 7:10.

Due to the large crowd, they went ahead and let people in at 7:20.

Up next: More AK

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Y’all, I have some terrible news. l had already typed the previous post yesterday and was going to post it, but something tragic and unexpected happened. I’m fighting back what tears I have left as I type this. It is with a broken heart to inform y’all that Maggie past away yesterday afternoon. It was exactly one month until her 14th birthday.

She died peacefully in her sleep somewhere between 3 and 4pm. After talking with the vet, we determined that she had a blood clot. All of this came as a shock. Her surgery had gone well and she was doing great and acting like her normal self. Even the vet said that when they were checking her vitals and running tests before and after the surgery, that everything looked fantastic and there wasn’t anything noticeable that made them think a clot was forming.

Just like with fatal clots in humans, it happened instantly and there was nothing that we or anyone else could have done. The bright side (if there is one) of the quickness of blood clots is that there isn’t any pain/suffering.

It turned out that one of the tumors they’d removed wasn’t benign, but cancerous. It’s possible that the clot could’ve been caused by that, but the vet said he didn’t think that was the case because it was still in an early stage. I’d much rather this happen the way it did than to watch her suffer through cancer. That’s how our last dog (another dachshund) died and it was tough.

My heart is literally broken. I do not think I can physically cry anymore. Maggie was my baby girl and my best friend. We got her in 2005 when she about a month or so old and we were inseparable since.

mouse_luv

Y’all, I have some terrible news. l had already typed the previous post yesterday and was going to post it, but something tragic and unexpected happened. I’m fighting back what tears I have left as I type this. It is with a broken heart to inform y’all that Maggie past away yesterday afternoon. It was exactly one month until her 14th birthday.

She died peacefully in her sleep somewhere between 3 and 4pm. After talking with the vet, we determined that she had a blood clot. All of this came as a shock. Her surgery had gone well and she was doing great and acting like her normal self. Even the vet said that when they were checking her vitals and running tests before and after the surgery, that everything looked fantastic and there wasn’t anything noticeable that made them think a clot was forming.

Just like with fatal clots in humans, it happened instantly and there was nothing that we or anyone else could have done. The bright side (if there is one) of the quickness of blood clots is that there isn’t any pain/suffering.

It turned out that one of the tumors they’d removed wasn’t benign, but cancerous. It’s possible that the clot could’ve been caused by that, but the vet said he didn’t think that was the case because it was still in an early stage. I’d much rather this happen the way it did than to watch her suffer through cancer. That’s how our last dog (another dachshund) died and it was tough.

My heart is literally broken. I do not think I can physically cry anymore. Maggie was my baby girl and my best friend. We got her in 2005 when she about a month or so old and we were inseparable since.
I am so sorry for your loss. 😢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom