Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Leaving DS

We walked back to the Orange garage and headed out around 8:45. There was about 1/4 of a tank of gas left in the car, so L wanted to stop and put enough in to get us to Daytona on the drive back. We swung by the Speedway off of Buena Vista Drive right next to the Boardwalk where the 90 degree turn for the Skyliner is.

IllumiNations had just started and I was able to snap a couple pictures.

Hiding in the bushes next to the dumpster was a big nasty warf rat. :hungover: I can’t stand those things. I almost stepped on a massive one when I was hunting one morning. It scared the crap out of me. :hilarious: Unfortunately, I’ve seen them in the parks before. I think they need to bring some of those cats over from Disneyland.

We got back to the hotel around 9:15. I think I mentioned this in the PTR, but we could actually see HEA from our room. It was pretty cool. We did a few things to get ready for the morning then went to bed. We were tired, but I was excited for the day that awaited us.

Up next: Arrival Day (part 2)/EPCOT

Disney Drew

I don't have that one but I really want it! It's written by Michael Broggie (Roger's son) so I bet it's good.
I'm not sure how I did it, but after I did the Train Tour, our guide (who's name escapes me, but he was fantastic - we (spouse and I) talked with him for at least 2 hours after the tour was over as we were the only one on the tour. He directed me to this book and I somehow actually ended up with a phone number to order it - IT WAS MICHAEL'S NUMBER!!! I was so jacked to order the book and then he answered the phone! Needless to say, the order took a while to make, as we discussed other things...such a nice man - the other nice touch was that he personalized an inscription for me.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Following along :)
Welcome and thanks for joining!

Clever title. I'll have to read this one 👍

Living in the Jax area for 11 years now, I feel your pain with the airport exit. Not as simple as it should be.

BTW, happy birthday!
Thank you! And yes, that exit was a pain to navigate.

I'm not sure how I did it, but after I did the Train Tour, our guide (who's name escapes me, but he was fantastic - we (spouse and I) talked with him for at least 2 hours after the tour was over as we were the only one on the tour. He directed me to this book and I somehow actually ended up with a phone number to order it - IT WAS MICHAEL'S NUMBER!!! I was so jacked to order the book and then he answered the phone! Needless to say, the order took a while to make, as we discussed other things...such a nice man - the other nice touch was that he personalized an inscription for me.
That’s sooo cool!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Sunday March 17th: Arrival/EPCOT

Our alarms went off at 6:30. It didn’t take us too long to get ready. We were out of the hotel and headed for Music by 7:15.

Hello again! :joyfull:

We arrived at Music at exactly 7:27.

Even though I already checked-in online, I still went inside to the check-in desk to opt out of Mousekeeping so we could get our gift card. It was only $30, but I’ll take it! I also got my Birthday button too.

Our room wasn’t ready yet, so we headed on to EPCOT. The CM at check-in, who was very polite, said that we could stay parked in the check-in lot until we come back tonight. That was a first for us! Usually they make you move your car regardless if your room is ready or not. We briefly stopped back at the car to grab something but I can’t remember what.

An EPCOT bus had just arrived when we walked back to the stop. Somehow I managed to fail to take a picture of it. :hilarious: It was 7:45, so they were still running shared buses, but there were only a few people from Sports, and us and one other family from Music. For some reason, a bus was already at Movies, so we didn’t pick up anyone from there.

We were finally en route to EPCOT! :joyfull:

The ride didn’t take long at all and we arrived at EPCOT at 8 o’clock on the dot.

As we were walking towards security, we noticed a large group of people that had gathered around a garden bed. They all had their phones out and were videoing something, but what was it?

It was an armadillo! This guy was just digging around not paying us any attention. We have them all over the place in S.C., but this was the first time I actually witnessed a live one during the day in person. They’re nocturnal so it’s not very common to see one during the day. Better not get too close though. They can carry some deadly diseases.

Going through security was a breeze. I swear that all the nice security guards work at EPCOT and that they send all the mean ones to MK. :hilarious: It was 8:07 when we got in line.

There was already a pretty good size crowd.

I will go ahead and let y’all know that my monorail picture game was not up to par on this trip. :hilarious: I just didn’t have many good opportunities. However, I was able to catch monorail yellow coming into the station.

10 minutes later, monorail coral arrived.

I love the deltas, especially the blue ones they added back to monorail lime.

It was soon 8:30, so they began to let people in.

Love the change of topiaries outside the front for F&G this year!

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Up next: Rope Drop!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

We gathered underneath SE while the JAMMitors performed. They’re really fun to watch.

They dropped the rope at 8:55, which they do a lot at EPCOT. L headed to Frozen and I headed to TT. There were so many idiots running wild and they were about to knock down people who were trying to walk. So a TT CM got on the speaker system and started calling out the people who were running and informed them that they were being kicked out. It was beautiful. I appreciate the CM who did that.

Single rider wasn’t open yet, so I did standby. I think I was like the 5th person to go through.

If I remember correctly, I don’t think my car did well.

I always grab my sunglasses on TT because I’m afraid I might lose them. TT is one attraction that I wish had pouches to put your stuff in.

I like the red Stingray much better than the yellow one they had last year.

They’d just opened the single rider line when I got off and there was no wait, so I jumped in for TT round 2! L was on her way back to Future World and was gonna hop in the single rider line too. We agreed to meet at the Land when we got off.

My car won the capability test and one other but I can’t remember which.

L had just gotten in line when I got off, so I made a stop at the Seas otw to the Land. It was a walk-on.

The aquarium was actually pretty crowded, so I made a brief visit to the manatee tank.

I’ve said this before, but I could watch the manatees all day long! No doubt my favorite part of the Seas.

Up next: Soarin’!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
EPCOT continued

L was on her way over, so I headed towards the Land.

If there’s any sign that I could bring home, it has to be this one.

I met L at a table near Seasons and we made the short walk to our first FP of the day and of the trip.

We were met by a lengthy looking line, but we only waited for 15mins.

It was time for our pre-boarding instructions, courtesy of my man Patrick.

Our flight around the world was a good one! We sat in the very middle of row 1, so the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel Tower were actually straight!

We exited the Land but would be back soon for our next FP.

I was about to starve, so our next destination was Les Halles for a late breakfast.

We made what turned out to be our only stop at the butterfly garden of the trip. You might want to close your eyes @becca_

These were the only ones we saw. There weren’t many out.

Next up: WS

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They dropped the rope at 8:55, which they do a lot at EPCOT. L headed to Frozen and I headed to TT. There were so many idiots running wild and they were about to knock down people who were trying to walk. So a TT CM got on the speaker system and started calling out the people who were running and informed them that they were being kicked out. It was beautiful. I appreciate the CM who did that.

Glad to hear that. I've often wondered about the entire rope drop system, especially at EPCOT. I've seen some people running and nearly knocking over a baby carriage. I'm surprised no one has been hurt in this stampede, or perhaps it's just kept under wraps when it does happen.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
The dude in the back left looks like he is sporting a yellow mohawk...

Took me a second to realize that it was a background flower decoration.
Haha it does! I didn’t notice that at first.

Glad to hear that. I've often wondered about the entire rope drop system, especially at EPCOT. I've seen some people running and nearly knocking over a baby carriage. I'm surprised no one has been hurt in this stampede, or perhaps it's just kept under wraps when it does happen.
Oh I’ve seen it happen. I’ve also seen “rope drop runners” fall and bust their butts. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever in those situations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom