Trip Report “Excuse me ma’am, can you put your phone away? Snow White doesn’t like apples” March 2019 *COMPLETED*

Sadly, I’ve been back in the real world for 4 days, but I’m glad to say that it was a great trip! Different, but still great. Surprisingly, the Disney depression is not very high (not sure if that’s a good thing :hilarious:), but I don’t want to take any risks, so let’s get this TR started!

For those of you who are just joining, I’d like to say welcome and feel free to read my PTR for background info.

Before I start, I want to warn everyone that I only have a month left before the semester is over. :joyfull: With that being said, the next 4 weeks might get extremely busy and I may not have a lot of time to post, so please bear with me. I don’t want to drag this TR out like I did with the last one, but I make no promises. :hilarious:

Up next: Travel Day

Last edited:

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Friday March 15th

I got out of class at 12:10 and not a minute later and my much needed spring break had officially begun! There was a little bit of cleaning up and packing I had to do, so I left my apartment around 1:30ish and was otw home.

I came home the previous weekend to get as much packed as I could so I wouldn’t have to do much today. All that was really left to do was throw a few more clothes in my bag, put the luggage tags on, and load up the car.

I got the same luggage tag that I got last year.

Not sure how long it’ll be before they send out some new/different ones.

In just a few minutes my bags were all packed up and ready to go.

Maggie was not happy that I had just come home and was about to turn around and leave again...

...so she decided to block the hallway and pout. :hilarious:

We left our house by 6 and made it to my grandparents around 8. I didn’t stay up too late and went to bed at 11:30. We had a long, but exciting drive ahead of us the next day.

Next up: (actual) Travel Day

LeighM

The thing I hate most about Disney vacations is leaving my dog behind and seeing his sad little face looking at us as we leave. I have a new pet sitter this year so I hope he likes her and she gives him a lot of attention. I thought about taking him with us to a pet friendly resort at WDW but it would make him too stressed being in a new place all alone for hours at a time.

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
Saturday March 16th: Birthday/Travel Day

I think I woke up at 7:30. Today was my actual Birthday, so my grandma baked me a cake for breakfast.

:hungry: And yes, I ate a slice or 3. #noshame :hilarious:

M had come down and spent the night too so she could see me on my Birthday. Before we left, she wanted me to open a couple of presents that she’d brought with her. I told her that we needed to leave and that I’d open them when we got back, but she kept insisting that I go ahead and open them. And she was right. The first present was Disney gift cards. I added them to the ones that my dad had also given me for my Birthday.

These would turnout to be very useful.

M told me that I could bring the last present with me and open it later, which I did. L and I finally left around 9:30 and were headed south. We made it to Savannah just before 11:30.

Traffic was slightly congested with people going to the big St. Patty’s Day festival downtown, but once we passed Savannah, there was hardly anyone on 95 for the rest of the drive through Georgia.

Eventually, I got tired of staring out the window, so I decided to do some reading.

M gave me this for Christmas and I absolutely love it! It’s so much fun to read. Needless to say, there’s a lot of hidden Mickeys I’d never noticed before.

We flew through Georgia and crossed the St. Mary’s River at exactly 1 o’clock.

A stop at the Florida welcome center for orange juice was in order.

Always refreshing

They had this sign up advertising TSL.

We finished our orange juice, grabbed some brochures, and continued south. Our next mission was to find some lunch. We ended up stopping at a Zaxby’s just north of Jacksonville. It was actually off the exit for the airport, which we got a tour of by accident because the road was bass-ackwards.:mad: (I feel like that’s a common thing in Florida)

You can’t go wrong with Zaxby’s

After lunch and back in the car, I decided to open the other gift from M. As I was tearing the wrapping paper, I got a glance at what was underneath and my eyes began to light up.

:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I had been wanting this book ever since it came out. It’s hard to find and acquire because it’s a D23 exclusive. I’m still not sure how M got it.

The title is pretty explanatory. It’s filled with information and rare pictures of trains used in Disney movies, the parks, and of course Walt’s backyard railroad, the Carolwood Pacific, along with Ollie Johnston’s backyard railroad and Ward Kimball’s Grizzly Flats Railroad.

The locomotive that’s on the cover is the Marie E., being driven by John Lasseter. The Marie E. belonged to Ollie Johnston. Just like Ward Kimball, Ollie Johnston was a longtime Disney animator and one of Walt’s “nine old men” who was a railroad enthusiast and helped inspire and design Walt’s Carolwood Pacific. When he was no longer able to operate the locomotive, Ollie sold the Marie E. to John Lasseter so it would stay in the “Disney family” so to speak. John still operates the Marie E. to this day on the Justi Creek Railway at his family winery in Glen Ellen, California.

Sorry if I seem to have gotten sidetracked. (no pun intended) You can call it your Disney history lesson of the day. :hilarious:

Up next: Arrival (part 1) and DS!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
I am in!!!

Max
Glad to have you Max!

Along for the ride!
Thanks for joining!

Glad you're doing a TR, and I'll be patient, as I know you have school work to attend to.

Maggie must be very happy that you've returned home, after your trip! 🐶
Haha, she was

So glad you've started your report!
Thanks! I am too!

Following along :D
I'm here!
Thanks! Glad to have y'all!

Captain Barbossa

Original Poster
The thing I hate most about Disney vacations is leaving my dog behind and seeing his sad little face looking at us as we leave. I have a new pet sitter this year so I hope he likes her and she gives him a lot of attention. I thought about taking him with us to a pet friendly resort at WDW but it would make him too stressed being in a new place all alone for hours at a time.
I know! It can be hard to leave them behind!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom