Trip Report “Are we outside?” A Disneyland report COMPLETED

The Disney blues have officially set in however we had the best time and made the best memories.

Who: ME! Hubby, Paca, Grandma, Bear, Nene, Jet and Handsome.

Where: Disneyland Hotel
When: Oct 11 to Oct 18
Why: Handsome’s 4th birthday

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Next up was Buzz however the ride photos at Disneyland are terrible!

My score was terrible. Walker scored 8,100 and I scored wait for it....34,100. Galactic hero here I come.
Next up was the Astro Orbitor.

We decided to move from Tomorrowland and head to Big Thunder at the girls request. They wanted their brother to conquer all the mountains. The park was just opening for the day when we jumped aboard. I was happy with 4 rides in the first hour of our day.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Next up we rode Pirates but I have no photographic evidence. We got soaked! I also didn’t remember Pirates being so long. We had a great ride and Handsome loved it.
We stopped at the bathroom in Adventureland and picked up snacks at the shop next door. $60 later I knew I needed to place a Prime order. After we ate our overpriced apples and Babybels we were off to the Jungle Cruise.

We decided to jump on Indiana Jones since the wait was posted at 15 minutes.

Handsome wasn’t quite tall enough so he went with Paca to Tarzan’s tree house.

Handsome loved the treehouse and begged to go on it anytime we were in Adventureland.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We left Adventureland behind and headed over to Fantasyland. The teacups were up first. Our trip to WDW the girls hubby and I could all fit in one cup. Not anymore:cry:. Of course the girls wanted their big strong daddy to spin them like crazy 😍.

The little man and I had a spin of our own. He giggled like mad.

Bear loves Alice in Wonderland. On our first Disneyland trip this ride was being refurbed and she was only 18 months so I didn’t know she would love her so. I’m not going to lie I think this ride is odd but then again so is Alice in Wonderland.

Last edited:

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Handsome had three rides he really wanted to ride leading up to our trip Radiator Springs, Shoot the Meanos (Buzz) and Finding Nemo submarine ride. I was dreading the submarine. I get VERY claustrophobic. If I can’t get a ring or necklace off I lose my mind. Flying is terrible and I just don’t enjoy being enclosed without control. However I love my little man so we rode. The line was 30 minutes one of our longest waits all trip.

One and done for this ride!

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We mobile ordered galactic grill and everyone had chicken fingers and fries. We saw Phasma roaming Tomorrowland so her biggest fans needed a picture.

Every day for the last two months Handsome has asked “Is it this day I build my lightsaber?” I was excited to finally say “It’s time to build your lightsaber!” We headed to Galaxy’s Edge. When we entered the land we immediately saw Kylo Ren.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We took a few pictures in Galaxy’s Edge before our 12:30 appointment.

I was able to score a fastpass for the girls and grandparents to ride the Matterhorn while we made Handsome’s lightsaber. They started in that direction and we checked in at 12:20 for our 12:30 appt. They had Handsome select which type of saber he wanted to build. They gave him a pin a card and asked us to wait to the side.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
We waited in the sun for 30 minutes. It was hot and uncomfortable for us but I cannot imagine how hot those castmembers get!! They have on so many layers and these faux leather vests. That heat would be unbearable in the summer. No clue how they pull that off in Florida.

We were all led inside and each “builder” was taken to their station. The website requests that the builder be 5+ so I was concerned. It was difficult for Handsome to reach and keep up. Ultimately hubby had to help him quite a bit and it felt so rushed I was worried Handsome was going to be disappointed.

However the moment they lit the Kyber crystals I could tell the magic was there and Handsome was so happy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom