Trip Report ‘Tis The Season For More Disney! *COMPLETED*

Fa la la la la
la la la LA

But let’s be honest.
Which season isn’t the season for more Disney?
In 2017 I have been fortunate to experience winter, spring and summer in the world.
And now the holidays!
Since December is such a festive time of year at the parks, I think two trips are in order....don’t you?

Trip #1
Cast:
Tuvalu and Em
When: December 1-4, 2017
Where: Port Orleans Riverside
Why: A Jingle BAM Birthday 2.0

A4132369-7260-4635-89F6-C4FB66018B71.jpeg

Join us as we attend our first MVMCP, wander around World Showcase like a couple of newbies, meet a forum friend and intentionally watch LOTS of fireworks....did we get to Illuminations this year?

You’ll have to wait and see.

susan lees

Friends ~
I am truly humbled by all the birthday greetings. What a fun surprise! Yesterday was one of the best birthdays I have had in years. It included dinner at my parents’ house where we had.........wait for it..........🦃! (Really, what else would I have wanted?!)

My mom insisted I wear this crown as she brought out the cake.

View attachment 264293

So @Longers, I guess I got to be Princess Tuvalu after all!
Happy belated birthday 🎂

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy belated birthday 🎂
Happy Belated Birthday @Tuvalu . Hope to have an"Older than Dirt Club" meet and greet someday! :cat:
Happy belated birthday @Tuvalu !!
Thank you ladies!
Happy belated birthday! Thanks for sharing your Disney trips with us!!! View attachment 264899
LOVE. THIS. SHIRT!!!

^^ speaking of...that's enough partying, back to the report!!!
LOL. I kid, I kid. I'm just so EAGER to see who you met next????????????
:hilarious::hilarious:
Partying is just about over. See next post.

amjt660

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The week ended with a perfect mother/daughter trip. Em didn’t have enough time off to go to Disney, so she surprised me with a Savannah getaway! We had a blast exploring this new destination.

8F9D380D-D515-43D1-A9FC-5F0D0DCB68EB.jpeg

Of course @TrolleyFollower91 and I would have to take the trolley tour of the city!
48ADB429-B1B4-444F-9E5E-00623E834487.jpeg

Lunch at City Market
AFD721C5-42BA-42D9-ACC6-9300B65CC7F1.jpeg

And this was the view from our hotel room!
0D8B929F-B891-45C0-BF4F-0E4925870C7C.jpeg

How cool that I got to experience the mountains and the beach in the same week!!!
DC9CD207-71AB-4173-8B68-084679925993.jpeg

5BDDEA97-A913-4AAE-907A-16B53B3B87F0.jpeg

The pier at Tybee Island.
BAA0852D-F7AC-4F3E-B0F3-65287A73DF41.jpeg

A visit to Wet Willie’s.....a frozen daiquiri paradise!
A2369FD1-32F3-49FD-BDCA-D565A6556DDB.jpeg

6CBCBDE5-444B-4B61-A14C-AFA1F2FCDCC9.jpeg

Em and I will be heading home sometime tomorrow and I will get back to my regular TR and that important Magic meet, @myhappyplace. But as @lostpro9het noted, this has turned into a never-ending trip report! Sorry!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like you have a great week!!! What a good idea to stretch it out over a week ;)
And it wasn’t even my idea! I have the BEST family and friends!

Savannah is such a great town!
It only took 30 years of my living in Georgia to get there. :facepalm: It’s a definite must-do!

Oh no! Sorry I'm super late, but I wish you a very happy belated birthday. Your trip with Em looked like a lot of fun. 😁
Thanks, @Vivian_apfm! We had a blast.

Looks like you celebrated your birthday in style. Beautiful pictures.
#ShirleyStyle :joyfull:
The pics were just from my phone.....I cannot wait to see the ones Em took!

One of the best parts of living in NC is having the mountains & the beach only hours away.
From the mountains.....to the oceans, white with foam!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
A long time ago (10 days) on a page far far away (page 26) I was detailing Day 3 of Woody’s and my pre-Christmas trip.

Let’s resume before the robins announce the arrival of spring.

Saturday, December 16 (con’t)
We applauded Paul Revere’s.....er, Kermit’s.....successful midnight ride and then tapped our bands for a flight over Neverland.

6C385FD7-7820-4039-A4FF-35FA97618EA3.jpeg

You know the first scene in the bedroom where Peter Pan cries, “C’mon everybody, here we goooo!”?
Dead silence.
Guess Woody and I would be flying alone this time.

We were surprised at the lengthy standby line at Small World.
20ACE531-FE55-4157-A271-30A58B8F80CC.jpeg

Yet we got in it anyway! Not so much because we had to see the adorable doll children of the world, but because we had time to kill before our next FP and this was a convenient option.

And we Americans are all about convenience, amiright?

5CC418A6-6BC0-4D90-84C6-A26B537B3EEA.jpeg

Only 10:30 am and IASW already had a 30 minute wait. But the line never stopped moving so it didn’t seem that long before we were cruising.

I had to stifle a laugh when our boat entered the “Goodbye” room. A lady behind us remarked to her companion, “Look, there’s your name....and mine! How did that happen since we didn’t even use our MagicBands on this ride?”

Disney magic! :joyfull:

After a pit stop at the Tangled toilets, we rounded the corner and were shocked to see a 105 minute standby for Haunted Mansion!
9A5B8E5C-4376-452F-8D19-49CF9437E1AB.jpeg

No, this was not the end of the standby line. This was the end of the fastpass line!!

Since I love me some Mansion, we did not bail.

The CMs were doing their best to keep the crowds moving forward.
“Fill in ALL the available space. If the bodies in front of you stop moving, just assume they are dead and step around them.” :hilarious:

We learned later (from our forum friends 😉) that only one of the stretching rooms was in operation (the other was closed for repairs) which accounted for the backup.

Well, that and the millions of people who decided to come to MK that day. When the traffic patrol is out, you know it’s a crowded day!
F8088268-7229-4A92-B938-74A0C62B65B8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom