‘Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire’ Experience coming to Disney Springs

I am Timmy

So, I bought 4 tickets for a time slot in Dec. When you choose a time slot, it will tell you if there is enough available for that time. My first 2 choices were already booked (both said only 2 left for that time slot) but was able to buy enough the third try. My total was $139 - $29.99 per person plus taxes and fees, so $34.75 per person. I was sent an email ticket that has one for all of us. We print that one ticket to be scanned when we arrive, and the 4 tickets will pop up. I was going to sit out and let the guys go, but my boys said no way. I have a feeling I'm going to either slow them down, or end up being the comic relief. I wonder if they tape your session so you can buy it at the end?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
So, I bought 4 tickets for a time slot in Dec. When you choose a time slot, it will tell you if there is enough available for that time. My first 2 choices were already booked (both said only 2 left for that time slot) but was able to buy enough the third try. My total was $139 - $29.99 per person plus taxes and fees, so $34.75 per person. I was sent an email ticket that has one for all of us. We print that one ticket to be scanned when we arrive, and the 4 tickets will pop up. I was going to sit out and let the guys go, but my boys said no way. I have a feeling I'm going to either slow them down, or end up being the comic relief. I wonder if they tape your session so you can buy it at the end?

I have no doubt they will have something to buy and relive it

I am Timmy

I emailed the company to ask about recordings - the answer was no, they do not offer recordings, but they are working on it. However, there will be other things to purchase. I have no idea what those things might be.

Angry Warlock

I leave Florida on 14th December to return to The UK, and was gutted to miss this. Just found out its also opening in London on 16h December. Booked in for 22nd December. Yay

No Name

Interesting, one would have no idea what it is just from passing by. Unless they recognize George Lucas standing in front.

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
Quick question, I'm trying to purchase ticktes for my group to go in early January, but the ticket site is only showing me dates up untill Friday the 22nd, one week in advance. Does the site only let you purchase tickets one week in advance, does the experience end in one week, or am I missing something? Is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be appriciated.

Chet Dakota

Quick question, I'm trying to purchase ticktes for my group to go in early January, but the ticket site is only showing me dates up untill Friday the 22nd, one week in advance. Does the site only let you purchase tickets one week in advance, does the experience end in one week, or am I missing something? Is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be appriciated.

I see that they now have dates on the "TODAY" page so you can purchase tickets in advance further out than 7 days.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

DO NOT MISS THIS EXPERIENCE!! MUST DO!!

Did this on Tuesday and it was frickin' awesome! I've never done any VR stuff before so this was me and my 3 guests first time doing something like this. I walked out of the 15 minute experience thinking "Wow, that is definitely a look into the future!" and my 3 guests all loved it as well. The experience is $30 a person which at first I thought was steep but afterwards I felt ok about the price due to how great it was. As far as repeatability I would love to do it again, but considering it is the same experience it would have been nice to have like a cheaper price if you've already done it once before. I may chalk up another $30 to do it again if I have people with me that haven't done it or if they offer a new experience. Would love to see something like this added to Star Wars Land or somewhere in the parks, it was just so unique!

If anyone has questions I would be happy to answer.

I am Timmy

We just got home last night, did this twice on our trip. My family of four did this together (groups of four, they will put you with strangers if you have less than four). Such a great experience! Caution: do not wear a necklace, the vest you wear is kind of heavy and snagged my chain upon removal (yes, my necklace broke).

Chet Dakota

I emailed the company to ask about recordings - the answer was no, they do not offer recordings, but they are working on it. However, there will be other things to purchase. I have no idea what those things might be.

T-shirts, zip up jacket, sweatshirt and hats were all that I saw on Jan 8. Disappointed in the merch selection for sure.

Chet Dakota

Did the experience on Jan 8. It was worth the price of admission. Without giving away spoilers, there were several things that I really liked. The sensation of standing on elevated ledges and platforms felt very real and I had a fear of falling off. A few observations and comments...

The video was good, but it seemed a little off on my headset, like the 3D was slightly off. If I adjusted the visor up a tad, the video was sharper, but I could see more of the 'real life" when I looked down. So, maybe next time, I will try to adjust the helmet a little more to clear this up. I expected more of a shock than a tingle if I got shot. There were times where I was not sure what we were supposed to do or go next. Maybe K2-SO was telling us what to do, but I was so caught up in shooting Stormtroopers that I was not hearing him or listening. I always "felt" like we were in a small room or small space and were crowded together. Would like to see something like this in a more expansive space like a real laser tag room. It was cool seeing my family in Stormtrooper gear when they first turn it on. I told one of the employees after the experience that it was a good start and looked forward to what was next. I will do the experience again next week when I am back in Orlando on business.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom