News ‘Rivers of Light: We Are One’ coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom summer 2019

Bocabear

The body of water there is man-made. If they really wanted to, they could've put a WoC rig out there.

The biggest issue with the WoC rig, in my opinion, is it's daytime presence. During maintenance when it's above the surface, it looks terrible. Imagine a rusted mess like that sitting next to the very well-themed India.
Actually a rusted mess in the water could be a good thematic compliment to Inda...lol
With no longer having the boat ride, there is no reason they could not dam the river under a couple of the bridges and cement the bottom of the lake and make it more like Paradise Bay so they actually could have a World Of Color type show... It would certainly be more impressive than what we currently have.
It would be very expensive to do though, so we will never get that sort of spend on infrastructure...

Prototype82

...Bare Necessities (a song I love) really grates at me. This song, unlike Circle of Life, has no sense of grandeur and therefore no place in this show. It's like throwing a circus clown in Sunday mass. It really took me out of the "mystic vibe". So did the cartoon movie montage.

You just explained the ruining of this show's sense of identity flawlessly.

GlacierGlacier

I would love to know if anyone knows where to find the original version's preshow music...
Certainly.

This was the track that played just before the show started, when the boats stopped spinning and stood in place.

Music that played before that, I cannot find released officially. There was a more background track played while the shamans walked amongst the crowds, with the animal effects matching the shaman's cues.

Prototype82

Certainly.

This was the track that played just before the show started, when the boats stopped spinning and stood in place.

Music that played before that, I cannot find released officially. There was a more background track played while the shamans walked amongst the crowds, with the animal effects matching the shaman's cues.

Oh I most definitely have this track. I miss that overture and the choreography that went with it! The background tunes during the shaman interactions is something I've been hunting for a while. Thank you though!

Leveebreaks

We saw this show for the first (and last) time last week. All I can say is "Wow, what an absolute waste of time. " I am shocked that this show was approved to be shown (although I have just seen that the show I saw isn't the original iteration). It made no sense, the music was mediocre at best, you couldn't see much on the water screens, there are stained glass animals that appear and disappear for no reason, the videos should be real animals and not animated characters, and I saw no indication of how it fulfilled the purpose of the "interaction between man, animals and water". I have never been so disappointed in a Disney show before.

jaxonp

We saw this show for the first (and last) time last week. All I can say is "Wow, what an absolute waste of time. " I am shocked that this show was approved to be shown (although I have just seen that the show I saw isn't the original iteration). It made no sense, the music was mediocre at best, you couldn't see much on the water screens, there are stained glass animals that appear and disappear for no reason, the videos should be real animals and not animated characters, and I saw no indication of how it fulfilled the purpose of the "interaction between man, animals and water". I have never been so disappointed in a Disney show before.

the music for the show is actually quite good and was even better before the recut

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom