News ‘Rivers of Light: We Are One’ coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom summer 2019

TTA94

I haven’t watched the video, keeping it somewhat a surprise, but did they throw in “Can You Feel The Love Tonight” somewhere in the show?

Mikey73181

Let me start off by saying I LOVE the soundtrack for the original and listen to it a few times a week driving to work or getting the kids from school (and since we still haven’t gotten a HEA album, who knows if they’ll even release one for this)

Altho I’m sure I’ll get used to it, right now I just don’t like this one. I know a lot of it is the same, but I miss the old narration parts and the first time they sing it’s a different version and doesn’t go as long, the drums towards the end. I tried to like it, but then the finale just doesn’t do it for me.

I actually listened to it first, I took the audio from one of the YouTube videos and put it on my iPod and listened to it on my way home from work this morning. Didn’t like the changes but I said I’d watch it to see if that would change my mind, and I feel like there’s empty space where stuff used to be happening, and altho the finale is “bigger” I still wish it could have been plussed with the original ending.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Still bored out of my mind with this show. Can't even watch it without skipping around.

Maybe if it were a 5-8 min electric water pagent type show that was a nice boost for the evening.. but I just can't get into a full 15+mins of this kind of show.

Luxe

Plenty of people already posted reviews similar to what I thought of the show. It was just OK. Didn’t blow my mind but also didn’t feel that it was worse than the original RoL. Shoutout to the guy who yelled boo though. 😂

Cmdr_Crimson

Is the reason the show is what it is due to the Animals? I feel once you pass into Anandapur and Dinoland areas there is hardly any other animals that would freak out due to pyro or anything and I'm sure Busch Gardens does fireworks at their park...Anyone know why it's just a Meh kind of show?

Cmdr_Crimson

Put me in the category of "can I watch this without going in and sitting down??" At night I like to walk around and have a beer, not sit in a seat looking back at a long concession line wishing I had a beer (aka Fantasmic).
16stwd.jpg

jrhwdw

Saw it again tonight on stream, no boos, don't know how many AP was there tonight. It looks like ROL WAO has more energy, the finale is longer and better. And I liked the original finale...

Weather more energy is a good thing for ROL, I have no idea.

No Name

Doesn’t really matter that there’s animated movie clips, you can’t totally see what’s on the distant water screens when the weather isn’t perfect. The pacing and emotion is the real issue and the new show does both arguably worse than the original. I do see potential for a good show here but I haven’t seen it yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom