News ‘Rivers of Light: We Are One’ coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom summer 2019

jrhwdw

OK..........ROL WAO is not even in this week's Times Guides!!!

Is this update not even worth putting in the Times Guides ....... or covering it at all??? Why even update ROL if you're not going to market it?

GlacierGlacier

Is this update not even worth putting in the Times Guides ....... or covering it at all??? Why even update ROL if you're not going to market it?
Isn't the update happening over memorial day weekend?

jrhwdw

We'll probably get a new times guide for then. What did MK do for the transition to Happily Ever After?
It had both shows on the Times Guides all week.

Sorry, I'm just a little concerned about the update. Plus, I hate it when things open when I'm out of town!(Personal Pet peeve I know, maybe too personal)

TTA94

I have a feeling it’s not worth mentioning.

TrainsOfDisney

If they had known the floating lanterns wouldn’t work, they could have used that money on more fountains. A few more fountains and some real pyro at the end would have made all the difference.

I asked before, weren’t they originally going to be more live actor elements in the show then we originally got?

WDWFREAK53

Rivers of Light could be cool if they added Pandora.

If you had the Shaman narrate...and have a human translator. The scenes could showcase how everything is connected on Pandora...from the plantlife to the creatures...and then connect it to Earth and it's plantlife and creatures. The lighting could be very "Pandora" and then change to the Earth-like lighting...with a sunset, lightning bugs, etc.

They've invested into Pandora and it would be a good way to explain why Pandora belongs in Animal Kingdom.

Kman101

How uneventful! lol

I don't expect much ... (and I didn't to begin with). It's going to take a lot more than flashing IP over the water to make it a truly "better" show ...

TrainsOfDisney

One day someone really needs to do a full write up of the story of this show. So much got cut from the initial design, and what’s left surely doesn’t all work like it was designed to? I mean those poor little flames aren’t even worth the money they are spending on them.

Magic Feather

One day someone really needs to do a full write up of the story of this show. So much got cut from the initial design, and what’s left surely doesn’t all work like it was designed to? I mean those poor little flames aren’t even worth the money they are spending on them.
The jist:
Lantern Festival Being Held to Celebrate the Animal Spirits
-
Lanterns containing animal sprits are processed in
-
Animal Spirits Become Free of the Lanterns
-
Lotus Flowers Enter and Allow More animal
Spirits to enter (admittedly weakest link in story imo)
-
Animal Spirits Manifest and are Celebrated in Front of us
-
Animal Spirits Walk Across/Form the Aurora Borealis on their way to the stars
-
Temple Lotus Rises to Signify our transition to the stars
-
The animals manisfest themselves in the form of constellations

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Rivers of Light could be cool if they added Pandora.

If you had the Shaman narrate...and have a human translator. The scenes could showcase how everything is connected on Pandora...from the plantlife to the creatures...and then connect it to Earth and it's plantlife and creatures. The lighting could be very "Pandora" and then change to the Earth-like lighting...with a sunset, lightning bugs, etc.

They've invested into Pandora and it would be a good way to explain why Pandora belongs in Animal Kingdom.

Or they have a Navi float thats chased around the pond by an RDA carrier

TrainsOfDisney

The jist:
Lantern Festival Being Held to Celebrate the Animal Spirits
-
Lanterns containing animal sprits are processed in
-
Animal Spirits Become Free of the Lanterns
-
Lotus Flowers Enter and Allow More animal
Spirits to enter (admittedly weakest link in story imo)
-
Animal Spirits Manifest and are Celebrated in Front of us
-
Animal Spirits Walk Across/Form the Aurora Borealis on their way to the stars
-
Temple Lotus Rises to Signify our transition to the stars
-
The animals manisfest themselves in the form of constellations

Oh sorry.... I meant the story of the shows development. Like what the original design was and how and why so many things got cut. The floating lanterns were cut for tech. Reasons, but in the concept art there were many more live performers including ones on the center float. That center float was supposed to do a lot more I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom