‘Free’ Star Wars souvenir coins coming to Disneyland’s Galaxy’s Edge - DB/SCNG

Mac Tonight

From the article:

"You may want to get in line now outside the gates of Disneyland if you want to have a fighting chance of snagging what will certainly be the most sought-after souvenir in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge once the Anaheim theme park reopens: The new “silver” Batuuan Spira.

What is a Spira? The hexagonal coin is the ancient currency of the Black Spire Outpost in the 14-acre Star Wars lands at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios that becomes a “free” souvenir when you activate the $4.99 metal gift card with a minimum of $100."

O9bt.gif

DavidDL

Wait, they're reporting this like it's new? They've had these available in the parks I think since the land opened? In any case, I've owned one since the beginning of the year. It's a fun little "freebie" if you're planning to spend $100 in the land anyways (which I've certainly done) but definitely not something worth paying $100 just to get.

flutas

Wait, they're reporting this like it's new? They've had these available in the parks I think since the land opened? In any case, I've owned one since the beginning of the year. It's a fun little "freebie" if you're planning to spend $100 in the land anyways (which I've certainly done) but definitely not something worth paying $100 just to get.

It's a new color. That's it... Yes I agree it's dumb.

DavidDL

It's a new color. That's it... Yes I agree it's dumb.

Ah.. I see. So they're making a silver one? The one I have is gold. I mean, that's cool and all that they have options, especially for folks planning to spend that kind of money in there anyways but I'm surprised to see it being reported like it's some next, "big thing" folks are gonna wanna line up hours in advance for. Like.. at best this is a quick Disney Park blogs entry but I guess some outlets think it's a big enough deal to spread it around. The lack of Disney news to report must be intense, hah.

SSG

GE was out of Spira on my last trip in February. My cunning plan was to get two of these for $100 each, then use them to pay for my lightsaber build at Savi's. It would have been a nice extra, since I'm putting down $200 for Savi's anyway.

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
GE was out of Spira on my last trip in February. My cunning plan was to get two of these for $100 each, then use them to pay for my lightsaber build at Savi's. It would have been a nice extra, since I putting down $200 for Savi's anyway.
That's a good idea. The coin looks like a fun souvenir and I have a weird hankering to build a droid on my next trip.

truecoat

So it's free? Except for the 5 dollar cost to buy a hundred dollars which you don't have to do.

It's amazing what's "free" these days.

SSG

Yeah the Spira used to be free; you just had to load at least $100 on it. Then you could use it like any other gift card and and have a cool little souvenir at no cost. Now, you pay $104.99 to buy $100 worth of stuff. Not too surprising I guess, since I just looked on Ebay and people are flipping them for $40 or $50 or more.

Supreme Leader

I guess it's "worth it" if you're already planning on spending more than $100 in the parks....And it's honestly very easy to spend over $100 there....

Phroobar

Are you thinking about Pieces of Eight?
af71b1be947ef1fe6531b0831481dfe5.jpg
Where are those gun arcade games now? Hopefully in a pinball museum and not destroyed. They look like modified Bally shooting gallery games. They were completely mechanical with moving pirates and targets.

292;550;60f87f4b948469215adca804ff0fb412b203afd8.jpg

Mac Tonight

Where are those gun arcade games now? Hopefully in a pinball museum and not destroyed. They look like modified Bally shooting gallery games. They were completely mechanical with moving pirates and targets.

Either in some rich collector's basement... or probably stripped for parts and sitting in a landfill :(

Phroobar

Either in some rich collector's basement... or probably stripped for parts and sitting in a landfill :(
I've always wanted an electromechanical gun game or an older pinball machine for my collection. Maybe after I get some of these kids to start adulting someplace else, I'll have room.

Mac Tonight

I've always wanted an electromechanical gun game or an older pinball machine for my collection. Maybe after I get some of these kids to start adulting someplace else, I'll have room.
An original Turtles in Time arcade cabinet is on my wish list. But I may just end up getting the newer ones from Wal-Mart instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom