‘Fantasia’, ‘Pinocchio’, 'Seven Dwarfs' , and ‘Alice In Wonderland’ Animated projects in the works for Disney+

erasure fan1

My doom and gloomer side is going to show with this comment. I can't help but think, Disney+ is becoming the next direct to video platform. I get we are getting some high quality content like the Mandalorian and some other stuff. But there is a lot of new content I just don't have a lot of faith in. I hope D+ doesn't end up a dumping ground for meh quality filler just to pad the original content.

seascape

My doom and gloomer side is going to show with this comment. I can't help but think, Disney+ is becoming the next direct to video platform. I get we are getting some high quality content like the Mandalorian and some other stuff. But there is a lot of new content I just don't have a lot of faith in. I hope D+ doesn't end up a dumping ground for meh quality filler just to pad the original content.
It is going to take years to watch all the old movies and shows I want to watch. Of course there will be shows you don't like that others will. That is why there will be so many movies and shows. Plus bundled with Hulu, I will never run out of high quality things to watch. Just sit back and enjoy all you can get from Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN Plus all for the same cost of Netflix. There is no comparison as to the fact that the Disney Bundle is a better deal than Netflix.

erasure fan1

It is going to take years to watch all the old movies and shows I want to watch. Of course there will be shows you don't like that others will. That is why there will be so many movies and shows. Plus bundled with Hulu, I will never run out of high quality things to watch. Just sit back and enjoy all you can get from Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN Plus all for the same cost of Netflix. There is no comparison as to the fact that the Disney Bundle is a better deal than Netflix.
That's not really what I'm talking about. I know there will be a ton of "vault" items to watch and go through. The concern stems from Disneys lack of creativity at this point. The direct to video era churned out so much garbage, in my eyes it watered down and made the brand cheap. I don't believe it recovered until Lasseter took over. I just don't want Disney+ to be a crutch to just dump content onto for the sake of "hey look at all of our original content."

brb1006

Original Poster
Happy to hear that Disney will be utilizing their catalog of classic characters for Disney+ instead of solely capatilizing on their purchased IP.
Plus Disney hasn't done that many animated series since the 90's(The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and 101 Dalmatians for example). Sure we have Tangled the series, but at least Disney+ is finally making Disney revisit this idea for more of their films.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom