News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It appeals to their target audience. Teenagers and young adults, primarily locals, primarily passholders. The same type of people who are attracted to Halloween Horror Nights.
I think they are riding the bandwagon of other Social Media trend setters and have had some hits... (wendys, etc) while this one had good premise, the execution falls pretty flat due to the alt suggested.
Well there is a reason this is WDWMAGIC and not UNIMAGIC.

matt9112

For tickets, it makes sense. Most 10-y.o.s can ride everything. For restaurant menus, it’s ridiculous. 12-and-under would be far more reasonable. Or just don’t assign an age and let people eat what their bodies want. Dare to dream.

Money....i mean legitimately nuff said. Or think of all the adults that cant eat large portions. Theres being cheap and trying to stick it to the man and than theres people legitimately with stomachs too small to eat an adult meal.

ppete1975

Come on Bob... you love IP... please have this included....

1632251182521.png

ppete1975

Oh wow, if I could see WALL-E and EVE dancing outside my window and hear the music? 😍

They have barely any park presence and they are some of my favorite characters. Lady and The Tramp too - yes I know about the restaurant, but that's really it.
EXACTLY, I would have been ok if they were trying to keep it realistic (living seas would like a talk with them), but if you have astronauts taking selfies, and playing with toys.. then you can fit in an IP that has an amazing message. OF course I assume they can add stuff at anytime due to it being screens....

I wonder if there are big star wars events if they will add battles outside your window... like they changed space ship earth to the death star.

celluloid

They need to grow up. The attempt at humor isn't very good IMHO. Reminds me of Samsung taking shots at Apple, and it isn't a good look.

Agreed. I have talked to many people professionally who also agree that most customers are also tired of brands having a sarcastic human tone through twitter. It is volatile. This is coming from someone who celebrates most of Uni's recent business moves over Disney. Their marketing needs a wake up cleanse.

ppete1975

Oh wow, if I could see WALL-E and EVE dancing outside my window and hear the music? 😍

They have barely any park presence and they are some of my favorite characters. Lady and The Tramp too - yes I know about the restaurant, but that's really it.
They deserved a statue, and it could have went in any of the 4 parks... esp AK or Epcot

Paris knows how awesome they are...
1632251732505.png
1632251839286.png

hpyhnt 1000

That attempt at a joke by Uni's Twitter is pretty dumb. First, I think most of us would agree that Space 220 is a perfect example of using screens to create a believable and unique theme park experience. But even ignoring that, Uni trying to criticize it by showing their tacky screen covered sports bar is pretty much the definition of a self own.

As far as 220 itself, I really appreciate how "realistic" they kept the entire experience, from the pretty accurate backstage views to not including Wall-E or Mickey or Buzz whizzing through space. I also like the nod to the spinning lettuce from The Land, even if it is rather fake looking. But very solid overall and perfect for EPCOT.

As @sedati pointed out earlier, it is a bit of a shame it's a tethered space station (though it makes sense given the elevator backstory) and not an orbiting one, because whizzing around the planet and going from "day to night" every 45 mins would have been an extra cool factor.

Thelazer

Okay so, in person.. how does the screen look.. because these video's being posted, it looks "like a screen" in other words, I would have a hard time believing I'm really out in space here.

dreday3

That attempt at a joke by Uni's Twitter is pretty dumb. First, I think most of us would agree that Space 220 is a perfect example of using screens to create a believable and unique theme park experience. But even ignoring that, Uni trying to criticize it by showing their tacky screen covered sports bar is pretty much the definition of a self own.

As far as 220 itself, I really appreciate how "realistic" they kept the entire experience, from the pretty accurate backstage views to not including Wall-E or Mickey or Buzz whizzing through space. I also like the nod to the spinning lettuce from The Land, even if it is rather fake looking. But very solid overall and perfect for EPCOT.

As @sedati pointed out earlier, it is a bit of a shame it's a tethered space station (though it makes sense given the elevator backstory) and not an orbiting one, because whizzing around the planet and going from "day to night" every 45 mins would have been an extra cool factor.

If they can have lightsabers, they can have WALL-E! 😂

Tom Morrow

Yeah, sometimes Universal's Twitter pulls some nice burns on Disney but this is not one of them. This is clearly a better and more interesting restaurant. Also they are the last ones that should be criticizing any other theme park on the use of screens.

I do think its a little odd that the food and layout of the restaurant suggests "high end" but the restaurant concept suggests "family restaurant". I thought the menu was going to be more like T-Rex at Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom