News 'Disney Enchantment' coming to Magic Kingdom October 1 2021

gerarar

Premium Member
Hey, remember when people complained about how HEA had less fireworks than Wishes when it actually had significantly more?

Fun times.
Those people were clamoring before any tests of HEA were even performed. Once the tests happened weeks and days before HEA premiered, they were all shushed.

Now that we’ve seen (pyro) tests of DE, there’s sort of a case to be made, at least for the finale. But of course, we should wait until we see/get the complete package inside the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Those people were clamoring before any tests of HEA were even performed. Once the tests happened weeks and days before HEA premiered, they were all shushed.

Now that we’ve seen (pyro) tests of DE, there’s sort of a case to be made, at least for the finale. But of course, we should wait until we see/get the complete package inside the parks.
There were those who saw the complete video of HEA and still said there were less fireworks.

There are many legitimate complaints to be made about Disney. But we do have a contingent on these forums who will bitterly complain about things that are trivial, or not even true.

Anyway, there's less fireworks at the end of Enchantment because that's when 50 Tinkerbells zipline out of the castle.

techgeek

In comparing the finales, it seems to me that while DE may appear to have a smaller total shell count, it uses a bunch more of the ‘larger’ iconic peony / willow shells that completely fill the sky.

In context, this might turn out more impressive then a finale barrage of salutes and smaller shells… and it’ll give the Instagram crowd more opportunities to get ‘the shot’ with huge fireworks behind the castle.

Vinnie Mac

I'm kinda worried about the weak finale. Hopefully that's not the final version. Opening up until before the finale is already better than HEA.

There's another video and it shows a finale that looks strong. Maybe not AS strong as HEA but strong enough for me to consider it acceptable.

Remember those big sparkly burst at the end of HEA? Yeah, those are back and they're in sets of 5 again instead of sets of 3!

Vinnie Mac

Given the “weak” finale for DE, that finale will be cut back and reduced eventually. HEA’s finale was already cut back even before the closure, and look at it now; the barebones is all that’s left.
Oh come on now. It's definitely reduced but that finale is still strong and nowhere near "barebones".

ToTBellHop

Bob Chapek is personally doing the finale through April 2023. It is a segment titled “Hard Times”. Here it is:

1632097051992.gif

jrhwdw

Bob Chapek is personally doing the finale through April 2023. It is a segment titled “Hard Times”. Here it is:

View attachment 588108
HEA is ending in just over a week for this????? Sigh!!!!!

I'm kidding........I think. Sorry! I am ready for the 50th/Enchantment but I knew the week of Sep 27th would be quite a Week!!!!

Thankfully the DE Finales that were tested are better than this!

Giss Neric

. Every show that includes fireworks doesn’t necessarily have to end with hundreds of shells being shot into the air for the last 15, 30, or 60 seconds to evoke the intended closure and emotion of the show that it’s designed to establish.
Point taken. I guess when you're in Magic Kingdom at the castle hub and main street it will not be an issue since it will be sensory overload but what about those watching from the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian where they only see fireworks and the soundtrack. They have to save the best for the finale as that is what people are usually expecting. Let's see if it's still the same for the testings a few days before the debut.

waltography

Looks like the final shell used in the finale of what we’ve seen in testing videos captured from outside the park is very similar to the ‘signature’ shot used in the concept art - minus the comet.

View attachment 588119
View attachment 588120
If the finale comes even close to this washed in gold effect, it'll be worth the lower shell count - I've never liked the style of finale projections where they "show off" the projection mapping by deconstructing and reconstructing the castle like play blocks, so this could be really classy.

gerarar

Premium Member
Remember those big sparkly burst at the end of HEA? Yeah, those are back and they're in sets of 5 again instead of sets of 3!
Loved seeing that! Also of note is that they shoot straight up instead of at an angle towards the castle like in HEA.

Hopefully it remains at 5 sets instead of slowly getting reduced to 3 sets haha :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom