News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

No Name

This looks really great. Probably the best restaurant preshow I’ve seen. Maybe the only one I’ve seen. My only tiny complaint is that, in the elevator video, they didn’t have to be so transparent about the actual aerial view of the park, including showing that dang Guardians building. But nonetheless, this is truly something stellar that feels right at home at Epcot.

jpinkc

I hate to say it but I still see Star Trek TNG Enterprises Ten Forward lounge LOL. I think I might go up for a drink but I dont see it being all that. Maybe its just the fact that its new. The menu wasnt that exciting to me. I enjoy experience dining and done several of them, but maybe in person it looks better.

James Alucobond

My only tiny complaint is that, in the elevator video, they didn’t have to be so transparent about the actual aerial view of the park, including showing that dang Guardians building.
I think it's actually kind of interesting how much of backstage they're willing to show. I don't have a problem with it, but it would be cool to see some sort of imaginary idealized version of backstage.

Figments Friend

Looks cool.
Looking forward to honest reviews of the food ( paid off 'vloggers / bloggers' don't count ).

Tried for a reservations earlier today after the chaos passed this morning online but nothing coming up during my dates.
Will look again however next week.

Bonus consolation prize was scoring a unexpected reservation for San Angel Inn.
Totally unexpected.
In the 30+ years I have been going to Epcot, not once have I been able to dine here.
Mostly because of the limited menu choices for moi, and then in later years difficulty in getting a reservation.
So no disapointment here.

Space 220 looks to be a nice addition.
Will get to check it out eventually.
:)

-

Satans Hockey

This looks fun, definitely on my list of things to do whenever we get back down there.

Not at all classy but I'd be amused by some sort of man vs food challenge, like the Mission Space Orange challenge where if you eat your entire meal and don't barf on Mission Space Orange you get a free meal or a free express pass for a ride lol

UNCgolf

The CGI on the windows doesn't look as impressive as I'd hoped. I'm sure it looks different (and likely better) in person, but in the photos/videos I've seen it just doesn't look very realistic.

I'm not passing judgment until I see it in person (if I ever do), but I'm curious to hear how it looks from people who have been.

UNCgolf

This may be a minor detail to some, but for me the absence of the dim-glowing blue lighting in the dining room is very disappointing. It's one of the things that really screamed futuristic/space, and without it I think the atmosphere is really lacking.

That may be part of the reason the windows don't seem to work as well as they should for me. Of course I haven't seen it in person and it could be very different, but the lighting could definitely have an effect.

Lil Copter Cap

Dinner is $320 plus tax for a family of four. Does anybody else think that's a bit steep?
Having just dined at California Grill last night with four adults totaling $350....I would say $320 is steep for a CGI-based environment.

BUT I find dinner at California Grill, an OG '71 location, with great views and fireworks to be worth the money. I'll give Space 220 a try, but I really can't see myself going more than once...(which may even be by design).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I suspect the lighting was modified due to reflection in the window. With the thin blue strip that was in the final version, it does reflect in the window. Not enough to be an issue, but I suspect the wide blue strip was too reflective.

You can see the reflection in this image.
Space-Restaurant_Full_44206.jpg

brihow

I suspect the lighting was modified due to reflection in the window. With the thin blue strip that was in the final version, it does reflect in the window. Not enough to be an issue, but I suspect the wide blue strip was too reflective.
I get that - what I was suggesting that if anything the lighting should be dimmer and just more blue. That would make reflections even less of an issue than they currently are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom