News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

JBIRDTO

You understand my point, though.

Its fair to say it looks nice, but you shouldn't really form an opinion until you experience it yourself.

AKA 'No Spoilers'
Yes totally. I generally don't like to look at videos but caved this time. I understand that it could be like a well conceived movie trailer the can't be delivered on.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos of the opening moment, tour, and food now at

Space-Restaurant_Full_44194.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
I'll be in Epcot October 14th. Already have an ADR and not interested in canceling BUT definitely and very interested in the Lounge!

I assume the Lounge will be walk-ins? Hopefully. That way we can go whenever we feel that day and will just have to wait.

Coming back to this question.

According to TouringPlans - "When they open for reservations next week, the Lounge will be walk up- no reservations required."

RememberWhen

That's pretty harsh when it comes to a prix fixe menu. I can't imagine paying $79 for a 10 year old to eat a three course meal at dinner.
What’s worse is paying $79 (adult price) for the chicken fingers the 10 year old wants and will eat. Most places are willing to give the kids food at an adult price, but maybe this is an exception? My 9.5 year old would LOVE the theming. And can behave himself well enough for an in-park signature. But the adult menu is not appealing and I can’t imagine that will change in 6 months. Guess we’ll have to let him wander WS with the drunks while we eat a nice dinner. (Joking…)

sedati

Most are just panning their cameras which makes the sense of depth hard to tell, but thankfully some are walking about and we can see these are indeed windows and there is a sense of depth. To anyone lucky enough to have been there:
How well is the general effect pulled off?
Does the Earth look like it is both below you and distant (as a sphere would)?
Do the ships/astronauts floating about appear to be in a middle distance as one patent showed possible?
Will this have time of day sequences? I thought I'd heard there would be sunsets. Honestly this is where the idea of a tethered station becomes lacking. An orbital would have a lot more going on. Also, is the moon visible?
Thanks to all doing coverage.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Most are just panning their cameras which makes the sense of depth hard to tell, but thankfully some are walking about and we can see these are indeed windows and there is a sense of depth. To anyone lucky enough to have been there:
Do the ships/astronauts floating about appear to be in a middle distance as one patent showed possible?
Will this have time of day sequences? I thought I'd heard there would be sunsets. Honestly this is where the idea of a tethered station becomes lacking. An orbital would have a lot more going on. Also, is the moon visible?
Yes to time of day sequences.

Patcheslee

Wonder if they would look into an upgrade later that would show close to real time cloud coverage. i.e hurricanes off the coast type deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom