California Grill to debut new fixed price three course menu.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Depends on the service! Had awful service last time we went…which was like 9 years ago. We’ve been turned off ever since. This menu with the AP discount might be enough to get us back next Spring. As long as they don’t ruin the menu by then.
No…no…no…no…no

this isn’t midtown…you are not getting charged for the illusion of service in the swamp.

you’re looking down on the service area of an amusement park.

the food has to be worth half the price…just half. Rest is upcharge

think they can swing half?

Skywise

No…no…no…no…no

this isn’t midtown…you are not getting charged for the illusion of service in the swamp.

you’re looking down on the service area of an amusement park.

the food has to be worth half the price…just half. Rest is upcharge

think they can swing half?
Hey pal, that parking lot was built by Imagineers! That's ART!

ToTBellHop

Who's coming up with these bizarre menus at the Space Restaurant and here?

Duck Pizza?! Why not the original Duck meal this is based on?

Disney's obviously shooting for a much MUCH higher end crowd. (read $$$$)
I think that sounds fantastic…

And it is a signature restaurant. Although I’m assured adults can order from the kid menu for $89 Mac n cheese. If they really want the off-center fireworks view.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Who's coming up with these bizarre menus at the Space Restaurant and here?

Duck Pizza?! Why not the original Duck meal this is based on?

Disney's obviously shooting for a much MUCH higher end crowd. (read $$$$)
…but they’re not. That’s the thing. It hasn’t been about “cuisine” since the dining plan. This kinda thing is just “the next thing”

UNCgolf

So there is no regular menu option. Just this?

Nope. Regular dining here and at Space 220 are prix fixe only, which, as @MansionButler84 mentioned above, means you really have to order very specific things to get your money's worth. At Space 220 you could be paying $55 for a caesar salad and hamburger lunch.

Space 220 does offer a separate lounge with a few a la carte items, though. I don't know if California Grill will offer anything similar.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Nope. Regular dining here and at Space 220 are prix fixe only, which, as @MansionButler84 mentioned above, means you really have to order very specific things to get your money's worth. At Space 220 you could be paying $55 for a caesar salad and hamburger lunch.

Space 220 does offer a separate lounge with a few a la carte items, though. I don't know if California Grill will offer anything similar.
Wow that's crap.

UNCgolf

The entree selection is probably better than what's offered at Space 220, but none of the appetizers look especially appealing. I think prix fixe menus are generally anti-consumer anyways (at least at standard restaurants like this; it's a bit different if you're talking about a high end chef run restaurant where they are regularly using new ingredients and creating new dishes), though, and don't have much interest in eating at any Disney restaurant that requires it.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Are we talking about two different things? The Celebration at the Top is $129 per person; the prix fixe dinner menu is $89 per person.
What's ridiculous is that IF I had the interest to go to the California Grill after this idiotic prix fixe stupidity, I would actually be spending LESS with the new scheme than I would ordinarily. I'm not sure why they can't have this special dinner menu IN ADDITION TO a regular menu. It just cheapens the whole experience.

peter11435

What's ridiculous is that IF I had the interest to go to the California Grill after this idiotic prix fixe stupidity, I would actually be spending LESS with the new scheme than I would ordinarily. I'm not sure why they can't have this special dinner menu IN ADDITION TO a regular menu. It just cheapens the whole experience.
They are trying to eliminate people taking up tables and only ordering dessert

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom