Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubs70

Happens daily with alcohol, what is different about this that hasn't shown up in millions billions of people that have been vaccinated? Trotting out the unproven "long term effects we don't know about yet" trope or what is your point?
Someone brought up a question on Tylenol and the concept of more is better.

Since you brought up the question in reference to Covid vaccines. A concern is because reproductive toxicity and generational toxicity evaluations are tradituonal requirements in FDA approved medications.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's probably because I'm not trying to "score political points" and you're somehow mad that I responded to a few posts who were upset or wondering why the booster vote didn't go through.

Not just me but other posters who were wondering about the vote.

There is plenty new to that story because the vote just happened 2 days ago. New info has come out since then, smart people, research scientists and medical professionals, have made their statements as to why they didn't support 3rd shots.
I see no issue with talking about the vote on boosters and I see no issue with anything you posted on this. I have seen other people who are opposed to vaccine mandates and who are looking for ways to attack the safety or effectiveness of the vaccines celebrate this vote as some sort of vindication that the vaccines are unsafe. It’s possible that your post was wrongly taken as an attempt at that.

The vote on boosters was not surprising to anyone who followed this story. Multiple people from the FDA already said prior to this they felt we didn’t have enough data to support the need for a booster for everyone. They approved boosters for 65+ and high risk because there is certainly some evidence that the vaccines do lose some effectiveness over time. I think we all expected this to be the case but there was some hope that the vaccines could last longer and possibly even for life. We also have to keep in mind that the FDA said they were rejecting a plan to authorize boosters today for everyone. It doesn’t mean they are rejecting boosters ever. Pfizer and Moderna are both running additional trials for the 3rd shot and Israel is starting to roll out boosters for everyone so in a little while we will have plenty of data to show whether the boosters are needed or beneficial. So while the boosters were rejected today that doesn’t mean they won’t be approved in the future if they are deemed to be needed.

Anyone who is attempting to take anything from that FDA vote or statements from the panel as any doubt of the safety or effectiveness of the 2 dose regiment already approved is most certainly attempting to make a political point, whether they realize it or not. They are also completely off base. The same panel approved the 2 dose regiment for EUA and also gave full approval for Pfizer. I think that is lost in the desperate attempt others have tried to make to discredit the vaccines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

It's probably because I'm not trying to "score political points" and you're somehow mad that I responded to a few posts who were upset or wondering why the booster vote didn't go through.

So you made a prediction and no one paid attention to it.

Not just me but other posters who were wondering about the vote.

Sad.

There is plenty new to that story because the vote just happened 2 days ago. New info has come out since then, smart people, research scientists and medical professionals, have made their statements as to why they didn't support 3rd shots.

But we can make it about you and some posts you made long ago.
Vaxx'd or unVaxx'd you can still spread it just the same. In fact, the Vaxx'd are probably more dangerous because we believe we're already in the clear and far less likely to show any symptoms. You can still spread it to grandma though.

"It also found no significant difference in the viral load present in the breakthrough infections occurring in fully vaccinated people and the other cases, suggesting the viral load of vaccinated and unvaccinated persons infected with the coronavirus is similar."

And like that guy earlier who blamed the unVaxx'd for his mothers illness, he might want to blame the baby (and consider blaming the Vaxx'd)

"This finding is concerning and was a pivotal discovery leading to CDC's updated mask recommendation. The masking recommendation was updated to ensure the vaccinated public would not unknowingly transmit virus to others, including their unvaccinated or immunocompromised loved ones," (from previous article)

I know people want to push their agendas, but picking and choosing which facts you want to believe and which facts you want to ignore does no one any good. Vaxx'd or unVaxx'd, you have to look at the whole data set or none of it. Spreading non-sense is pointless no matter which side of the VAXX boat you are on.
What makes you to claim that vaxx'd people are more dangerous? Breakthrough infections is a buzz word nowadays with certain talking groups compared to the 160 million plus that have gotten the shots.

JoeCamel

Looks like most expect masks to be around for quite a while and support the effort to slow the spread to manageable levels.
Interesting source, maybe the band aid got ripped off with the pandemic of the unvaxed we have been seeing.

Touchdown

I don’t know, it just seems like if you have the opportunity to push 65 or 75% efficacy back to 90%, you take it. Settling on “good enough” doesn’t really sit well with me.
So your ok with giving a healthy 20 year old a third dose before a healthcare provider in Africa gets their first?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So your ok with giving a healthy 20 year old a third dose before a healthcare provider in Africa gets their first?
WHO says the pandemic could be under control worldwide by March of 2022 if we prioritize vaccinations in countries with low vaccination rates. There is certainly an argument to be made that we should be prioritizing initial doses for everyone, everywhere before going back for 3rd shots. The approach Israel took was very selfish IMHO. They are now saying they are planning to horde enough doses for everyone to get a 4th shot if it’s eventually needed. If enough countries followed that strategy the pandemic would stretch on much longer than it needs to.

JoeCamel

WHO says the pandemic could be under control worldwide by March of 2022 if we prioritize vaccinations in countries with low vaccination rates. There is certainly an argument to be made that we should be prioritizing initial doses for everyone, everywhere before going back for 3rd shots. The approach Israel took was very selfish IMHO. They are now saying they are planning to horde enough doses for everyone to get a 4th shot if it’s eventually needed. If enough countries followed that strategy the pandemic would stretch on much longer than it needs to.

Is supply or the supply line the problem though. We have doses that will expire and cannot be distributed to other nations so better in arms than the garbage.

Nubs70

Someone brought up a question on Tylenol and the concept of more is better.

Since you brought up the question in reference to Covid vaccines. A concern is because reproductive toxicity and generational toxicity evaluations are tradituonal requirements in FDA approved medications.
Drink 12 beers a day or take 12 - 500mg tabs a day. They Tylenol will blow your liver long before the beer.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is supply or the supply line the problem though. We have doses that will expire and cannot be distributed to other nations so better in arms than the garbage.
For the doses that will expire here, yes. There are many countries that don’t have enough doses ordered to cover their population. If Pfizer and Moderna need to divert 300M doses to the US for boosters that is 300M extra people worldwide who won’t get their initial protection or 150M who won’t get the full series. If you expand that to the EU, UK, Canada, Japan and other places further along on vaccination you get closer to a billion doses delayed to the rest of the world. This could be offset by expanding manufacturing and production worldwide as was suggested by Bill Gates in the article I attached. So far that isn’t happening enough to make up the difference.

SteveAZee

I do wonder how good the 'uptake' of the vaccine is in the world in general. If the world's production rate of vaccine is higher than the vaccine can be pushed into arms, then 3rd shots could be done with the excess.

JoeCamel

For the doses that will expire here, yes. There are many countries that don’t have enough doses ordered to cover their population. If Pfizer and Moderna need to divert 300M doses to the US for boosters that is 300M extra people worldwide who won’t get their initial protection or 150M who won’t get the full series. If you expand that to the EU, UK, Canada, Japan and other places further along on vaccination you get closer to a billion doses delayed to the rest of the world. This could be offset by expanding manufacturing and production worldwide as was suggested by Bill Gates in the article I attached. So far that isn’t happening enough to make up the difference.
Make it pay and the capacity will be there. I think we paid something like $20 a pop? Other countries need to mortgage their childrens future as we did to get the doses they need to have any population and economy survive. This would cause a global reset with all countries deep in debt but all equally down.

Touchdown

I take it that you will not take a booster shot when you are eligible, until all the healthcare provider in Africa gets the vaccine?
If the FDA and CDC recommend I get one (as it’s an occupational hazard) I will but if they don’t I won’t. If I didn’t work a high risk job, I wouldn’t because it wouldn’t be recommended for me.

I’m team Moderna though so, it will be a few weeks before the recommendations come down. Trust the FDA and CDC.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I do wonder how good the 'uptake' of the vaccine is in the world in general. If the world's production rate of vaccine is higher than the vaccine can be pushed into arms, then 3rd shots could be done with the excess.
Yes. Just as we have seen in the countries that have higher vaccination rates the supply is only half of the issue. In places like Africa it’s less about political bullheadedness or anti-vaxx rhetoric and more about the logistics of getting the vaccine to where the people are. Especially for the mRNA vaccines that need to be frozen. I’m not saying the world should wait for boosters until every last person has gotten their first round of shots. I just think there is a good argument to be made to prioritize initial doses over boosters. So the manufacturers should make as much vaccine as they can and leave it up to world governments and WHO to figure out how to get the vaccines to everyone.

I take it that you will not take a booster shot when you are eligible, until all the healthcare provider in Africa gets the vaccine?
It doesn’t really work that way. If the Pfizer or Moderna doses are purchased by the US government for boosters if you refuse to take the booster the doses won’t go to Africa. The decision on where the doses go is made at the macro level by governments in conjunction with manufacturers.

Make it pay and the capacity will be there. I think we paid something like $20 a pop? Other countries need to mortgage their childrens future as we did to get the doses they need to have any population and economy survive. This would cause a global reset with all countries deep in debt but all equally down.
The bigger issue is around worldwide manufacturing. In theory the current manufacturers could authorize other companies to manufacture their vaccines in other facilities and that would greatly increase available doses. The problem is they would need to share the profits. I do see the issue there. Pfizer spent billions on developing and testing their vaccine so to the victor goes the spoils.

JoeCamel

The bigger issue is around worldwide manufacturing. In theory the current manufacturers could authorize other companies to manufacture their vaccines in other facilities and that would greatly increase available doses. The problem is they would need to share the profits. I do see the issue there. Pfizer spent billions on developing and testing their vaccine so to the victor goes the spoils.
We gave them startup money guarantees and the rest of the world has paid. The profits are out of sight, the stock is up 400+% last I heard. They have been well rewarded and I think its time they made it available at cost to manufacture until 70% of the world has at least a first dose. Same for the other companies

Lilofan

Yes. Just as we have seen in the countries that have higher vaccination rates the supply is only half of the issue. In places like Africa it’s less about political bullheadedness or anti-vaxx rhetoric and more about the logistics of getting the vaccine to where the people are. Especially for the mRNA vaccines that need to be frozen. I’m not saying the world should wait for boosters until every last person has gotten their first round of shots. I just think there is a good argument to be made to prioritize initial doses over boosters. So the manufacturers should make as much vaccine as they can and leave it up to world governments and WHO to figure out how to get the vaccines to everyone.

It doesn’t really work that way. If the Pfizer or Moderna doses are purchased by the US government for boosters if you refuse to take the booster the doses won’t go to Africa. The decision on where the doses go is made at the macro level by governments in conjunction with manufacturers.

We have come a long way ( at times not for the better ). I recall some traveled from earlier this year pharmacy to pharmacy desperate to finding that coveted vaccine shot when places had leftover doses, some camping outside vaccine places in hopes of getting the shots. . Some were lucky some were not to find what they were looking for. Now some vaccine locations have to close due to lack of demand.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

As soon the pandemic ends next year I hope, we will have victory to end this pandemic madness.:cool:🥳🥳🥳🥳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom