Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

MagicHappens1971

That assumes the same code is running in DLR and WDW to manage VQs. I'd bet against that being the case.m
While that may be the case, I'm sure TDO can call TDA and figure that out. I would have to agree that running two VQ's is not the reason for the VQ for ROTR going down, and that the likely reason is in preparation to see how much money Disney can get out of a LL for ROTR.

We should support IAP like FastPass+ once IAP goes live: tell us your return time and we'll incorporate it into the plan. That's basic FP+ stuff that we've always supported.

For G+ we'll release support in two phases, because we don't yet know the exact rules for how G+ is going to work:
  • Once G+ goes live, if you get a return time, tell us the attraction and return time and we'll incorporate it into the plan. Again, that's basic FP+ stuff that we've always supported.

• Soon after that, tell us you've purchased G+ and we'll tell you which attraction reservations to get, and when, to minimize your waits in line over the course of the day.

That's what we did for Maxpass at Disneyland: look at the current distribution rates for return times, see what you want to ride, and figure out the best order to obtain ride reservations. We're targeting end of October for that, depending on how convoluted the rules are.
Awesome! Thanks for the amazing work you guys do

havoc315

And just like Starbucks, the Genie + and pay per ride prices will go up over time and people will pay.

What choice do they have? They dropped over $100 to just get in, now what? Just walk around, maybe buy some food and souvenirs, or do those things AND MAYBE ride an attraction.

To paraphrase Yogi Berra, “nobody rides standby, the lines are too long.”

Yet of course.. we know that whether the system was FP, FP+, MaxPass… lots of people rode standby. We know that some people buy park hoppers, some don’t. Some pay for dessert parties or dining packages, some don’t. Some book VIP tours, some don’t.

Some will buy Genie+ every day, some will buy it some days, some will never buy it.
And the people who don’t buy it, will continue to use standby lines, maybe use early entry, maybe use super efficient touring plans, or whatever they choose. Because not everyone buys $5 Starbucks coffee.

Gran Fiesta

Sorry, I am sure this has already been discussed, but if someone can answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it because at the moment I am very confused. So for the $15 purchase of Genie+ without the IAS, is there a limit to how many lightning lanes that you can use per day? I know that you have to schedule one at a time and then use it before you can schedule another, so I'm assuming that you can only realistically maybe do about 5 rides a day? Am I thinking along with the right logic for this? Also can you have one selection for a lower ride and an IAS at the same time or no?

havoc315

Sorry, I am sure this has already been discussed, but if someone can answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it because at the moment I am very confused. So for the $15 purchase of Genie+ without the IAS, is there a limit to how many lightning lanes that you can use per day? I know that you have to schedule one at a time and then use it before you can schedule another, so I'm assuming that you can only realistically maybe do about 5 rides a day? Am I thinking along with the right logic for this? Also can you have one selection for a lower ride and an IAS at the same time or no?

Correct. No limit, except 1 at a time. There will also likely be a window such as “one at a time, or 2 hours, whichever comes first.”
Realistically, depending on crowds and which park, a guest may be able to get 4-6 G+ passes per day.

Yes, you should be able to simultaneously hold IAS.

Gran Fiesta

Correct. No limit, except 1 at a time. There will also likely be a window such as “one at a time, or 2 hours, whichever comes first.”
Realistically, depending on crowds and which park, a guest may be able to get 4-6 G+ passes per day.

Yes, you should be able to simultaneously hold IAS.
Thanks for the reply and info! So also Im assuming that you have to buy Genie+ first before you can buy the IAS?

Waters Back Side

Thanks for the reply and info! So also Im assuming that you have to buy Genie+ first before you can buy the IAS?

They are both completely different purchases and not dependent on each other. You can purchase IAS rides without purchasing Genie +.

You can purchase FOP at AK and not purchase the Genie + or Rise or SDD (or both, as there is a limit of 2) without Genie +.

Last edited:
Does this mean those attractions won't be on the $10/ticket Genie+? Nemo has a Lightning Lane and it's always a walk-on...
I think Genie+ is $15 in WDW and $20 in DL. DL Maxpass was $10, but they would never stay with that low price point for this new system.

As I understand it, all attractions (both G+ or IAS) will have entrances marked as Lightning Lane. Much like they all had FP+ lanes, except now those 6 or 7 (or however many) IAS attractions will be pay per ride to use the LL, and the LL for the G+ rides will be included in the $15 G+ charge.

I'm sure people will get confused, thinking that anything with LL signage is included in G+, and there will be a learning curve for guests when the Mickey head doesn't turn green at the LL entrance for FOP or Space Mt or whatever IAS ride you want to name. Also, these LL entrances will also be used by VIP, DAS, etc., just like the FP+ entrances used to be.

As to Nemo always being a walk on yet part of LL, that's kind of what I was groaning about before - when they rolled out FP+ they greatly expanded the number of rides/attractions that were part of it including many that didn't need it, and by switching over everything to LL they are continuing that ridiculousness. It's in the name of being able to show guests that a long list of rides is included in their $15/pp per day fee for G+.

havoc315

I think Genie+ is $15 in WDW and $20 in DL. DL Maxpass was $10, but they would never stay with that low price point for this new system.

As I understand it, all attractions (both G+ or IAS) will have entrances marked as Lightning Lane. Much like they all had FP+ lanes, except now those 6 or 7 (or however many) IAS attractions will be pay per ride to use the LL, and the LL for the G+ rides will be included in the $15 G+ charge.

I'm sure people will get confused, thinking that anything with LL signage is included in G+, and there will be a learning curve for guests when the Mickey head doesn't turn green at the LL entrance for FOP or Space Mt or whatever IAS ride you want to name. Also, these LL entrances will also be used by VIP, DAS, etc., just like the FP+ entrances used to be.

As to Nemo always being a walk on yet part of LL, that's kind of what I was groaning about before - when they rolled out FP+ they greatly expanded the number of rides/attractions that were part of it including many that didn't need it, and by switching over everything to LL they are continuing that ridiculousness. It's in the name of being able to show guests that a long list of rides is included in their $15/pp per day fee for G+.

The goal with FP+, and continued with LL — was to spread out attendance to less popular attractions. This was particularly true with FP+, when every guest was being promised 3 passes, but there wasn’t enough capacity to give every guest 3 REAL passes in every park. So you got FPs to Beauty and the Beast.

In fact, this may be part of the reason they couldn’t bring back FP+ even if they wanted to, right now. There are still enough closed entertainment and attractions, they wouldn’t be able to give every guest 3 FPs. It’s possible that contributed to the impetus to switch systems.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
See the link in my sig below for info/faq on DG+ and IA$.

pdude81

I believe MP was $20 per day

Last edited:

lentesta

Premium Member
Looks like the MDE data feed tested out forecasts over the weekend.

Here's a sample of the forecasts for Sunshine Seasons. I'm guessing that "percentage" means "percent of peak demand that it's operating at." I could be wrong.

{
lastUpdate: "2021-09-18T08:10:31.842Z",
id: "90002190;entityType=restaurant [Sunshine Seasons]",
forecasts: [
{
percentage: 87,
timestamp: "2021-09-18T15:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "11am High",
accessibility24h: "11:00 High",
forecastedWaitMinutes: 35,
timeDisplayValue12h: "11am",
timeDisplayValue24h: "11:00"
},
{
percentage: 100,
timestamp: "2021-09-18T16:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "12pm Very High",
accessibility24h: "12:00 Very High",
forecastedWaitMinutes: 40,
timeDisplayValue12h: "",
timeDisplayValue24h: ""
},
{
percentage: 100,
timestamp: "2021-09-18T17:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "1pm Very High",
accessibility24h: "13:00 Very High",
forecastedWaitMinutes: 40,
timeDisplayValue12h: "1pm",
timeDisplayValue24h: "13:00"
},
{
timestamp: "2021-09-18T18:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "2pm High",
accessibility24h: "14:00 High",
},
{
timestamp: "2021-09-18T19:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "3pm High",
accessibility24h: "15:00 High",
timeDisplayValue12h: "3pm",
timeDisplayValue24h: "15:00"
},
{
timestamp: "2021-09-18T20:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "4pm High",
accessibility24h: "16:00 High",
},
{
timestamp: "2021-09-18T21:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "5pm High",
accessibility24h: "17:00 High",
timeDisplayValue12h: "5pm",
timeDisplayValue24h: "17:00"
},
{
timestamp: "2021-09-18T22:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "6pm High",
accessibility24h: "18:00 High",
},
{
percentage: 75,
timestamp: "2021-09-18T23:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "7pm Medium",
accessibility24h: "19:00 Medium",
forecastedWaitMinutes: 30,
timeDisplayValue12h: "7pm",
timeDisplayValue24h: "19:00"
},
{
percentage: 75,
timestamp: "2021-09-19T00:00:00Z",
accessibility12h: "8pm Medium",
accessibility24h: "20:00 Medium",
forecastedWaitMinutes: 30,
}
],
"@@@rev": "2-ab43ad30c12d37fe86c8e73dc0f4df81",
_id: "wdw.forecastedwaittimes.1_0.en_us.90002190;entityType=restaurant [Sunshine Seasons]",
_rev: "2-3b95fd7416f728821a4fbada3a07c210"

}

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom