Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP2000

I've got out-of-towners landing tomorrow that will need a week's worth of entertaining, so let's do this data dump of misinformation Orange County statistics now, shall we? 🥳

Orange County continues to have no public mask mandate, and no county vaccine mandate for employers or customers. Orange County continues to see case rates and hospitalizations decline from the Delta Variant bump of August. Orange County is the second most vaccinated county in SoCal at 60% Fully Vaccinated, behind San Diego County at 63% Fully Vaccinated. California as a whole is now 57% Fully Vaccinated.

OC cases (9).png

OC hospitalizations (8).png

The hospitalization rate is most enlightening, especially compared to where we were last winter pre-vaccine. Would you look at that kids, the vaccines actually work! 😁

TP2000

Beagle and Bernese mountain dog, the latter still a puppy (but now a big puppy).

View attachment 587131View attachment 587132

This was exactly what this thread needed! I have long been fond of Bernese Mountain Dogs, they are a wonderful and very intelligent breed. That said, I can tell that Beagle is the one who actually runs the joint! 🤣

Thank you for sharing this needed dose of fabulousness, and tell them both we all said hi.

Reactions: SSG

Heppenheimer

This was exactly what this thread needed! I have long been fond of Bernese Mountain Dogs, they are a wonderful and very intelligent breed. That said, I can tell that Beagle is the one who actually runs the joint! 🤣

Thank you for sharing this needed dose of fabulousness, and tell them both we all said hi.
You are quite correct. She's the Duchess of Danville (our town).

drizgirl

Totally get that. I honestly do. A year ago? I had no idea what mRNA was, even though it turns out that phrase had been used in a few articles I'd read years prior about the HIV vaccine. But mRNA sticking in my vocabulary? Nope. But I believe in vaccines, wholly.

But look at that text you wrote? Three giant paragraphs to explain the point. In today's environment it's going to take better marketing to get that point across for many folks.

You are up against the Twitter Era, where people with millions of Twitter followers can just throw out a few short words like this and completely undermine the medical facts behind the vaccines, as you so nicely said above. This Tweet was from less than a year ago, by a prominent MSNBC host with 2 Million followers.

47936793-9992025-image-a-16_1631678565853.jpg

That said, my long held pro-vaccine opinions are in regards to adults. And when it comes to Covid, especially adults with serious health problems pre-existing (obesity, heart disease, lung disease, diabetes, etc.), I'm rabidly pro-vaccine. But...

When it comes to children, I go hands off. The decision on what medicine to give to their children and when is completely up to the responsible parents of those children. I am in no position to tell others how to parent their children. None whatsoever, and I really don't think most others are either.

(Heck, I'm the uncle who just realized in another thread that I rented Roger Rabbit on VHS twenty years ago while babysitting nephews. That movie is kinda raunchy! What was I thinking?!? So I'm not about to start giving childhood medical advice to parents.)

And regardless of the long explanation behind mRNA vaccines, none of us knew what Covid-19 was less than two years ago. It's going to take some time for some, especially parents of young children, to adjust to that. See Joy Reid's Tweet from 2020 as but one example of that.
It's fine. I'm sure Twitter took it down and banned her. :cautious:

NobodyElse

It is far more than a slight inconvenience to not be able to breathe.....sorry, but that is what masks feel like is being unable to breathe.

(My apologies for this late reply, but I'm just now wading through this topic.)

I would wager that the vast majority of people that think wearing a mask feels like being unable to breathe, have never truly been unable to breathe.

Heppenheimer

I suggest a pulse oximeter for reassurance or alarm.
We actually tried that in clinic to reassure a patient. When her pulse ox failed to drop, she then said ,"But what about my CO2 level?". All rational explanations on the behavior of gases failed to convince her that she wasn't suffocating, followed by conspiracy theories that scientists are lying to us about how gases behave... for, reasons, but something about how they want us all masked.

Yeah, that's it. Parscelsus, Lavoisier, Boyle et al secretely wanted a worldwide society that would force everyone to wear masks. 250 year conspiracy uncovered!

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

(My apologies for this late reply, but I'm just now wading through this topic.)

I would wager that the vast majority of people that think wearing a mask feels like being unable to breathe, have never truly been unable to breathe.
Lifelong asthmatic here, hospitalized several times in my teens because the drugs available were only somewhat effective when taken consistently (which I was not good about because, hello? teenager).

The only time I ever feel anything even vaguely resembling the experience of an asthma attack is when I'm running/out of breath while wearing a mask. Even then it is immediately alleviated by lifting the bottom of the mask for a few breaths, then merrily continuing on my way. Nothing about wearing a mask compares to the elephant-on-my-chest-while-trying-to-breathe-through-a-wet-washcloth-and-anxiety-soaring feeling of an asthma attack in full force.

TP2000

Okay gang, it's time for the Friday update of misinformation hard facts and data from California's government agencies!.....

Orange County (Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm) continues to have no countywide mask mandate.

Unlike Los Angeles County (Universal Studios, Magic Mountain) that continues with its countywide mask mandate and now is forcing people to show an easily faked vaccine card to the hostess or bouncer in order to get into LA bars and restaurants.

Orange County continues to see its hospitalizations and case rates fall noticeably from its mild Delta Surge of August. The decline in hospitalizations is more rapidly falling now; ICU cases down almost 30% for example. There are now 308 people in OC hospitalized while testing positive for Covid, out of approximately 7,000 hospital beds spread across 33 hospitals in the county.

OC hospitalizations (10).png

OC cases (10).png

Last edited:

TP2000

And here's Friday's misinformation hard data and facts on the current state of vaccinations from our California government agencies...

Orange County continues as the second-most vaccinated county in SoCal, behind sunshiney San Diego County (Legoland, Sea World).

California Statewide = 58% Fully Vaccinated

San Diego County = 63% Fully Vaccinated
Orange County = 61% Fully Vaccinated
Los Angeles County = 59% Fully Vaccinated
Riverside County = 49% Fully Vaccinated
San Bernardino County = 46% Fully Vaccinated

Los Angeles County's Covid dashboard continues to prominently display (Front Page, Above The Fold in old newspaper lingo) the exact demographics of who is vaccinted in LA County and who is lagging behind. As LA County is massive with over 10 Million people, that data is a great statistical example for vaccine demographics statewide in California (and likely the USA).

The following vaccination data is for those in LA County over the age of 12 who have received at least one shot, not neccesarily fully vaccinated. Young children are not included here:

Females = 79% Vaccinated
Males = 74% Vaccinated

Ages 65 to 79 = 96% Vaccinated
Ages 18 to 29 = 68% Vaccinated

Asians = 81% Vaccinated
Whites = 71% Vaccinated
Latinos = 62% Vaccinated
Blacks = 53% Vaccinated

The vaccination rates for LA by zip codes and school districts continue to tell the story; affluent people along the coast and in the hills highly vaccinated, working class people inland under vaccinated.

LAC_vaccine_by_school_district_map (1).png

spaldingclan

What on God's green earth are you even talking about? I'm probably one of the most vocal pro-vaccine people here! I have been encouraging everyone (adults of consenting age) to get the Covid vaccine since a year ago. 🥳

I also need to ask... when was your last TDaP booster shot, (trade name Boostrix)?

And if you are over 50, you have completed your Shingrix cycle, haven't you?
sorry bro but if you're not getting the covid vaccine, you're anti-vax

TP2000

sorry bro but if you're not getting the covid vaccine, you're anti-vax

Huh? I'm afraid you and @SplashZander and @October82 have me confused with someone else. 🧐

I was fully vaccinated against Covid many months ago, and mentioned it here repeatedly. I think President Trump's Operation Warp Speed to get hundreds of millions of free vaccine doses to Americans in record time rates up there with the Interstate Highway System and the 1969 Moon Landing as a triumph of recent American exceptionalism and excellence.

And two weeks ago I went to a CVS up the road in Del Mar and got a Covid booster shot, even though it hadn't been approved by the UN yet because the word in the tennis club bar was that CVS and Walgreens don't care and will just give you a shot if you ask for it. (That bar rumor turned out to be true. The corporate pharmacies don't give a darn what the UN or DC says about boosters, they just want to get rid of their growing vaccine inventory.)

I also picked up some shampoo in that CVS that promises to thicken and enliven what's left of my hair. In a twinge of buyer's remorse, I now have a hunch the booster shot is going to be more effective than the shampoo.

Last edited:

smooch

I still think it isn't wrong to tell people / have people vaccinate their young children in a global pandemic. We've given vaccines to young kids for a long time, even required for as young as elementary school. This is no different, the side effect argument has been proven to be a strawman and saying you are fine requiring vaccines for adults but not for children is silly in my opinion, children are not dying from the virus but they're transmitting it to people. Yes most people are vaccinated but children are included in the population we need vaccinated to reach herd immunity. If we aren't pushing to vaccinate as many people as we can (the major unvaccinated demographic being children who have already had many other vaccines required) then we won't ever get the percentage of the population we need vaccinated.

TP2000

children are not dying from the virus but they're transmitting it to people.

Yes, Covid's death rate in children is statistically miniscule. That is both a blessing, and a key piece of data.

If a child transmits the Covid virus to an adult, that adult only needs to worry about it if they aren't vaccinated. The bonus is that the child now has natural antibodies to Covid, a disease that has minimal impact on children to begin with.

The vaccines work. A vaccinated adult will not die of Covid, or even go to the hospital. Thus, I strongly believe adults should be vaccinated. Especially if they have the leading co-morbidities that cause Covid to be worse for adults; primarily obesity, but also diabetes, heart or lung disease.

Here's just one example of why I'm hands off on giving parenting or medical advice to parents with children;

Since January, 2020 (19 months ago) 464 American children under age 18 have died with Covid, almost to a one the kids had serious health problems pre-existing. That's just less than one child Covid death per day, most of whom were already under serious medical care for other health problems.

In 2019 just over 3,200 children under age 18 were killed in car crashes on American roads. Many were innocent passengers wearing seatbelts or in car seats, some were pedestrians walking home from school. That's 8 or 9 American children per day killed by cars, after decades of improvement to auto safety and passenger protection technology.

And I'm not about to start telling parents they can't allow their kids to ride in a car ever again. So I certainly won't try and insist parents vaccinate their young children against Covid if they don't want to, or just want more time to elapse in this ongoing medical experience.

Last edited:

TP2000

What's also interesting to note for this thread is that here in late September, Disney has still not made a move to ask for fake CDC vaccine cards at the Anaheim turnstiles.

Orange County government remains hands off on all mandates. They haven't even introduced mask mandates in their county. Knott's Berry Farm has no mask mandate, just like walking into a Target in Laguna Niguel without a mask is entirely allowed.

Universal Studios and Magic Mountain have to obey the mandates of Los Angeles County, but San Diego County and Orange County still have no requirements that theme parks mandate masks, or tests, or that a cellphone picture of a fake CDC card be shown to the 19 year old kid staffing the turnstile.

With the way the Delta Surge of August is in the rearview mirror, with hospitalizations and cases declining steadily all over SoCal, I have a hunch there won't be proof of vaccination required to get into Disneyland. Much less a mask mandate returning in Orange County.

Last edited:

TP2000

A good shampoo is only part of what it takes to thicken hair. You'll also need a good leave-in conditioner.

I know. And I'm trying to make that commitment. I don't have male pattern baldness, but what I do have is just so thin and wispy now. It needs oomph. It needs vitality. Or maybe just a hat. 🎩

Speaking of vitality, you know what I wouldn't mind seeing stick around after Covid? All these temperature checks to get into major facilities, like Disneyland does at their temporary-for-twenty-years security tents. Especially in winter during Flu season, when the parks can be packed to the gills with people who may or may not be sick.

I would enjoy knowing that during Christmas 2022 that all these folks had been screened for fever. It would really help cut down on cold and flu transmission in this environment.

206016379.jpg

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

I know. And I'm trying to make that commitment. I don't have male pattern baldness, but what I do have is just so thin and wispy now. It needs oomph. It needs vitality. Or maybe just a hat. 🎩

Speaking of vitality, you know what I wouldn't mind seeing stick around after Covid? All these temperature checks to get into major facilities, like Disneyland does at their temporary-for-twenty-years security tents. Especially in winter during Flu season, when the parks can be packed to the gills with people who may or may not be sick.

I would enjoy knowing that during Christmas 2022 that all these folks had been screened for fever. It would really help cut down on cold and flu transmission in this environment.

206016379.jpg
Wouldn't it be great if that actually worked in the long-term? Except that ibuprofen or acetaminophen would "fool" the temp checks, so once ppl caught on you wouldn't be catching anyone anymore. I have to wonder how many ppl they've actually prevented from entering the parks thus far. Do we know? (Sincere question.)

TP2000

Wouldn't it be great if that actually worked in the long-term? Except that ibuprofen or acetaminophen would "fool" the temp checks, so once ppl caught on you wouldn't be catching anyone anymore. I have to wonder how many ppl they've actually prevented from entering the parks thus far. Do we know? (Sincere question.)

That's a great question!

And I'm not saying temp checks are the perfect line of defense, but they are a good deterrent of obviously sick people.

Flu deaths in the USA plummeted to nearly nothing in the 2020-21 Flu Season. Much of that was due to massive school closures and industry closures and everyone "sheltering in place". But a portion of that has to be the heightened awareness that if you are feverish (whether you know it or not) you shouldn't be out in public.

Speaking of the Flu, that's a killer of American children that never seemed to bother anyone before. Yet Covid kills less American children than Flu in the past 18 months and we're supposed to keep the kids masked and never going to their first school dance for all eternity? Because... why? Now that free adult Covid vaccines are here, the hard data and the science just don't back that up.

2017-2018 Flu Season (6 months of Winter) = 643 American Deaths Aged 0 to 17
2020-2021 Covid (18 months since January '20) = 464 American Deaths Aged 0 to 17

The Flu in one recent winter killed 200 more children than Covid has killed in the last 18 months. Let that sink in.

Heck, in the winter of 2012-2013 over 1,100 American children under 18 died from the Flu. No one on this board cared then, we were too busy talking about the new Cars Land Christmas decorations. In the winter of 2014-2015 over 800 American children under 18 died from the Flu. No one on this board cared then, we were too busy talking about the upcoming 60th Anniversary rumors.

I was on this fan board during all of those Flu seasons. I don't remember anyone mentioning all the kids dying, much less demanding the Disney parks change their operation or demand proof of Flu shots at the turnstiles because hundreds of American kids were dying that winter from Flu. As they so often do during winter Flu season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom