The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
I have come to the conclusion that if you have good weather in Anaheim expect no chance of low crowds. All last week weather was hovering at 90 or so and wait times were extremely low during the week. To the point where various news outlets (or at least KTLA 5) reported how low crowds were at DL and USH. Well, not so much this week. It wasn’t crazy but definitely in the moderately crowded category. That’s because it was a glorious 79 with a breeze and locals can make or change plans at the drop of a hat.

mickEblu

Original Poster
CMs we’re pretty grouchy and miserable this week. Noticed it more than ever. I know vloggers like to kiss their @$$ (since it’s good for business and getting invited to CM events) but I’d love to see one call it like it is. A few were great. Most were unenthused, dry and not very informative/ helpful. Any CM that smiled or showed any enthusiasm really stuck out.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

CMs we’re pretty grouchy and miserable this week. Noticed it more than ever. I know vloggers like to kiss their @$$ (since it’s good for business and getting invited to CM events) but I’d love to see one call it like it is. A few were great. Most were unenthused, dry and not very informative/ helpful. Any CM that smiled or showed any enthusiasm really stuck out.
Honestly, being a CM is not a job I would want. They get paid next to nothing, it's hotter than blazes, and they get treated like garbage all day--all of this has just been increased exponentially during the pandemic. Even if they aren't on their A-game, I always say thank you to them, profusely.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Honestly, being a CM is not a job I would want. They get paid next to nothing, it's hotter than blazes, and they get treated like garbage all day--all of this has just been increased exponentially during the pandemic. Even if they aren't on their A-game, I always say thank you to them, profusely.

Sure. I don’t disagree. But they have to suck it up and bring their A game or find something else. Disney has to do a better job too. If they re ok with the job where they re being treated like garbage and underpaid then I have to assume they are sticking around because the want to work for the mouse and like the perks.

The problem is that the majority were behaving as I described in my last post and not the other way around. And I’m someone that is overly polite with way too many “thank you’s” and “pleases” in one transaction.

Animaniac93-98

It dawned on my recent visit that 4 of the 5 best rides at DCA are either the same or based on versions from opening day (Grizzly River Run, Soarin' and IncrediCoaster) or when Eisner was still CEO in the case of Mission: Breakout. The only exception here is Radiator Springs Racers.

Monsters Inc, Spider-Man, Little Mermaid, Toy Story etc all miss the mark in some form or another. It's amazing how despite the money poured into the park over the past 20 years, they still can't seem to build great rides for it.

Also, even if it doesn't live up to its luxury branding, The Grand Californian is still a beautiful resort. They didn't get much right in 2001, but they hit a home run with that resort's exterior and interior design.

Animaniac93-98

The sad truth is that current WDI wouldn't be able to make something even as good as CineMagique on a similar budget.

The second generation knew how to work within the limitations of their funds, what were the fundamentals of a good attraction and what would be required of park ops. They didn't always succeed, but they had the core knowledge, and more importantly, a CEO with enough engagement and instinct to support a good idea.

Now that's gone and will likely never come back.

DrAlice

I was watching some WDW stuff on YouTube and realized that EPCOT has Soarin' Around the World. That makes total sense at EPCOT. Can we bring back Soarin' Over California to DCA, please? The California version in CA and the world version in a park devoted to the World (sort-of), makes more sense than having the same at both parks, right? Right?!?!

A girl can dream, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom