News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

JMcMahonEsq

So they wouldn’t go if there wasn’t new rides?

florida, DVC, aps? They’ll do “other things” for more than about 6 months?
Again you just move the goal posts away from your original point. Your statement was that people don’t plan trips based on new rides opening. Which once again is both absurd and wrong. Many groups do make such plans. Are AP holders going to go to the park again…sure. But with a brand new ride opening many of them will either move a trip up, or plan a new trip specially for that new ride. Will people living in Florida who like Disney go to the park anyway, of course. But again many will decide to go an additional time to be one of the “first” to get on a new experience. When we got back from our trip and the Xmas party in November of 19, we already planned on going back to Disney the next year. But we made a special trip at Xmas based upon RotR opening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Animaniac93-98

...and smaller crowds than MK. MK was much more enjoyable when the attendance was lower years ago.

Also, historically, DL tends to get people for fewer hours of their day than MK i.e. more of a crowd that comes in and does a few rides or watches a parade/fireworks but doesn't spend 8-14 hours in the park on a given day).

Disneyland Park was also open 8:00am-11:00pm every day I was there, DCA was 8:00am-10:00pm. More hours to do things too.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Again you just move the goal posts away from your original point. Your statement was that people don’t plan trips based on new rides opening. Which once again is both absurd and wrong. Many groups do make such plans. Are AP holders going to go to the park again…sure. But with a brand new ride opening many of them will either move a trip up, or plan a new trip specially for that new ride. Will people living in Florida who like Disney go to the park anyway, of course. But again many will decide to go an additional time to be one of the “first” to get on a new experience. When we got back from our trip and the Xmas party in November of 19, we already planned on going back to Disney the next year. But we made a special trip at Xmas based upon RotR opening.
You can feel free to have your opinion. And feel free to disagree with me.

it’s an opinion site…and I know what I’ve experienced.

JMcMahonEsq

Nothing…which is how the “diehards” got everyone into this mess
. Your ticket gets you the same thing it does for everyone else. It gets you the chance to enter the park, and a chance to enjoy the rides, shows, restaurants, ect. But it gives everyone that same opportunity. If you want an added benifit above that, like not having to wait in line with other people, you have to pay for it

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disneyland Park was also open 8:00am-11:00pm every day I was there, DCA was 8:00am-10:00pm. More hours to do things too.
Good point…they didn’t shutdown for an upsell 6x a week?

but doctornick is correct too. DL is largely local crowd that spends less time on average per visit…

Wdw lures you in for 7 days straight and locks you in there compound so you don’t have to go on 192

Chi84

Premium Member
You’d rather pay from day 1 to ride? What does your ticket admission include, if not rides (especially new ones)?

Use of toilets?
I would rather pay from day 1 to ride because the opportunity to stand in line for 3 hours is useless to me. We wanted to ride RotR in May but didn’t get a boarding group so we didn’t get to experience that ride. I would have preferred the option to pay. Like it or not there are many others who feel the same way.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well, that’s frightening.
I mean, I haven't ridden it yet. I really want to but I'm not going to wait in a 4 hour line. Is prefer not to pay, so I'll try rope drop. If that doesn't work I would consider paying, but not for $24 for my family of four. If it was just me, I might. But $96 isn't worth it for one ride. However I could see being tempted if the price point was lower, say $5-$10....

MrPromey

4-6 hours… Has anyone here waited 6 hours for an attraction ever? At any point at any park in the DIS portfolio? I’m not saying it hasn’t happened ever, but I’ve never heard such anecdotes. Ml

Methinks Bob may have been inflating the numbers a hair to make investors think getting waits under 3 hours is a huge success.
5 posted (with reality being about 4:15) for FOP is the longest we've ever done.

Jeff4272

I mean, I haven't ridden it yet. I really want to but I'm not going to wait in a 4 hour line. Is prefer not to pay, so I'll try rope drop. If that doesn't work I would consider paying, but not for $24 for my family of four. If it was just me, I might. But $96 isn't worth it for one ride. However I could see being tempted if the price point was lower, say $5-$10....
And that’s why it won’t be $5-$10 and it will be $24. They can’t have the majority of people willing to pay for it.

MrPromey

Initially, for brand new rides, I think you're right. But I don't think it's sustainable.

I've ridden Rise twice. I'll never pay a dime to ride it again. I might pay once to ride TRON, then I'll never pay a dime to ride it again. I might pay once to ride Guardians, then I'll never pay a dime to ride it again.

"I must get on this brand new thing to experience it for the first time" is a different level of demand than "this thing is still pretty new and I liked it a lot but I've checked the box already."
But at Disney "brand new things" are over half a decade old (looking at you SDMT and soon to be FOP)... This may not be sustainable long-term but I think it might be long enough for the contracts of current upper management.

As long as they can keep new people who have yet to do it paying, do they care that you won't pay again?

MrPromey

I’ve never waited more than 45 mins for any ride and never will

Good to know.

People like you who would be in front with a FP illustrate exactly why eliminating FP+ will make standby waits go down - you'll never be in line competing for time against anyone else for any e-ticket built within the last 20 years. 👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom