News New Club Cool opens Summer 2021 at EPCOT

kpilcher

Is it just me, or does this club cool seems noticeably smaller, and with that, has notably fewer drink stations? Considering how busy it was, it makes me wonder why. It also has me worried that the breezeway queue for Club Cool might become permanent.
Very much smaller in terms of drink stations. Square footage is probably close. But just 6 drink stations. Ridiculous.

Figments Friend

Looking forward to trying all the new added flavors.
And getting my next hit of 'Beverly' in a couple of weeks.

The new flavors sound yummy....
Looking forward to the sugar high!

🍹

-

Rue D'Baga

I am glad this is back. However, I am not happy that my darlings VegitaBeta and Bibo are not in the new lineup. Anyone know if Bibo is still available at Harambe Market in Animal Kingdom? I'm pretty sure VegitaBeta is still available at the Coke store at the Springs.

RSoxNo1

Where's the freaking melon frosty!!!

images
I'm with you. As an FYI, the new Melon Mountain Dew is fairly close, at least the zero version.

Bocabear

So it went from a dramatic icy Coca Cola hosted pavilion with a little retail diversion to a teen girl dance party hosted pavilion with more retail now to just another store with some samples. Is it nice? yeah...like any other store....but it will never be the special thing that is started out as...and that is kinda sad to me.

UNCgolf

I’m shocked that they opened a brand new place with those traditional machines. Like even if they didn’t want to go with custom freestyle machines for capacity reasons, I’d have thought they’d do something more modern.

But hey, if Club Cool is back and free then I won’t complain!

Freestyle machines are the worst thing ever if you just like classic Coca-Cola (the standard Coke has been awful in every freestyle machine I've ever tried and tastes nothing like it does out of a can/bottle/normal fountain machine), so I'm very glad they aren't there! Although I don't know if standard Coke is included in the sampling anyways.

I'm sure it's capacity reasons, though. The freestyle machines are incredibly slow and lead to long lines if you're trying to serve a lot of people at once.

Jon81uk

I’m shocked that they opened a brand new place with those traditional machines. Like even if they didn’t want to go with custom freestyle machines for capacity reasons, I’d have thought they’d do something more modern.

Freestyle machines use special highly concentrated syrup so they can fit all the flavours in.

The speciality drinks here are only used at World of Coke and Club Cool, Beverley is only made for those locations now. The other syrups may be imported rather than made in the USA, but it won't be worth them making the speciality syrups for the freestyle system.

Disstevefan1

I for one am very happy to see Club Cool is still operating with the free samples. I was worried this was going to go to "pay per sip" 🤑

Looking forward to sipping some Still free Beverly goodness :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Freestyle machines use special highly concentrated syrup so they can fit all the flavours in.

The speciality drinks here are only used at World of Coke and Club Cool, Beverley is only made for those locations now. The other syrups may be imported rather than made in the USA, but it won't be worth them making the speciality syrups for the freestyle system.
Yeah, it should be pointed out that the freestyle machines and the traditional individual-pours are all syrup based that mixes in water and pressurized CO2.

If there is an issue with 'mixing' of the flavor of the previous pour with the current one at a freestyle machine, one could always let a quick squirt drop into the pan before filling up one's cup.

UNCgolf

Yeah, it should be pointed out that the freestyle machines and the traditional individual-pours are all syrup based that mixes in water and pressurized CO2.

If there is an issue with 'mixing' of the flavor of the previous pour with the current one at a freestyle machine, one could always let a quick squirt drop into the pan before filling up one's cup.

I think the issue may be the highly concentrated syrup, because even running water for 5-10 seconds through a freestyle machine doesn't make the Coke taste anything like Coke you get in other ways. It's like a completely different drink.

SoFloMagic

I think the issue may be the highly concentrated syrup, because even running water for 5-10 seconds through a freestyle machine doesn't make the Coke taste anything like Coke you get in other ways. It's like a completely different drink.
Coke claims it's the closest to how it tastes at the bottling plant

ppet

Gotta say it's great for Club Cool to return, But the Ice Station would have been even better. Nothing like walking in thru the snow tunnel on a 95 degree day(F of course).

UNCgolf

Coke claims it's the closest to how it tastes at the bottling plant

Could be, but if so, it's a good thing that's not how it tastes after it leaves the plant! I don't know anyone who likes the way the freestyle machine Coke tastes, although I'm sure they're out there. It's awful. Aluminum can, plastic bottle, standard fountain, and glass bottle all taste far better.

TimeTrip

I would also note that Cherry coke from the Freestyle machine tastes absolutely nothing like Cherry coke from a dedicated dispenser or a can. I'm tastes almost like straight up grenadine syrup as opposed to what comes in a can/bottle/dedicated dispenser.

Disstevefan1

Gotta say it's great for Club Cool to return, But the Ice Station would have been even better. Nothing like walking in thru the snow tunnel on a 95 degree day(F of course).
That’s what was the great novelty of Ice Station Cool, I loved it.

Bob Chapek is way too cheap to do that today!

Jon81uk

I would also note that Cherry coke from the Freestyle machine tastes absolutely nothing like Cherry coke from a dedicated dispenser or a can. I'm tastes almost like straight up grenadine syrup as opposed to what comes in a can/bottle/dedicated dispenser.

Freestyle works by mixing the primary (coke, diet coke, sprite, fanta etc) syrup with the secondary (vanilla, orange, cherry, lime etc) syrup. So the cherry flavour is likely different to proper Cherry Coke as the cherry syrup plus coke syrup is different to cherry coke syrup.

When using freestyle I like to mix, so part plain diet coke, part with cherry and part vanilla. adding some plain in stops it being too sweet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom