News Jessica Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Sharon&Susan

They could always rerecord her voice with some other actress who doesn't sound anything like Kathleen Turner.

Makes me wonder, actually... will they even bother getting Kathleen Turner back for this?
They didn't get her for the original version of the ride and I doubt they'll get her back now since with how much her voice has deepened since she played Jessica over 3 decades ago.

Brer Panther

They did get Kathleen back for the ride, actually. Although it is worth noting that Marine Mosiman does her singing voice as opposed to Amy Irving.
That would be like making a flume ride without any racist material even though the source material is still problematic.
Or making a flat ride without any racist material even though the source material is still problematic? Such as what they did with Dumbo?
I’m guessing people like me (people who object to Jessica Rabbit) are the ones they are making the change for…?
No, the ones they are making the change for are themselves. They're afraid that they might get "cancelled" or whatever if they keep it as is.

Anjin

Considering how she is portrayed in the Roger Rabbit shorts, I imagine she will be costumed appropriately for a PI, but with her signature silhouette. I really think she's being updated to change her from a damsel in the ride to an active participant.

Which was the reason for updating the auction scene in POTC. If my guess is correct, then I suspect Tiger Lily will be out of Peter Pan in the near future.

Rich T

Well we can always draw the curtains and just watch some of the good ol Golden era classics and pretend like it’s the good old days. Maybe have the wife put on an apron and make me a nice roast or something too. It doesn’t even have to be that fancy. I’m good with a tuna sandwich and pickles. Thank God the inclusion committee can’t alter our physical media.
I actually was thinking of road trips, going to some great non-Disney parks here and —eventually— abroad. And, yes, enjoy my already-purchased Disney classics. I’m keeping my curtains open, though, because even though I find Bobs-rea Disney grotesque, there’s still a lot of imagination left in the world... just not the part of the world in the grip of the Bobs. 😃

Figments Friend

Tartan boxers. I don’t gave the guts to go “true.” 😃

Do it.
For the homeland!
:)

Story time -

Years ago, I knew a guy who worked at my malls local Apple Store.
He was a Scot, and every day he went to work wearing a kilt.
I thought it was great, and equally great that his workplace allowed it.

Used to see him every now and then, walking by on his way to work.
Legend tells he went 'true', because technically his employer Apple couldn't say no.
They were laid back like that, then.

-

denyuntilcaught

So with all of this over correction for the past 200 + years, America should pretty much be a utopia in the near future right? Or will the goal posts keep moving? Or are we just going in circles but not noticing?
Is your expectation of society that at some point we just shrug and say "yay! We did it!"

Because that's just not how culture and society works haha.

DavidDL

Looks like they've removed the attraction marquee and replaced it with a temporary, flat one. I wonder if this means a name change or an updated marquee to feature Jessica along with Roger? Will be interesting to see what happens.

Roger-rabbit-car-toon-spin-sign-right-side-7647705-1200x900.jpg

VJ

Original Poster
Looks like they've removed the attraction marquee and replaced it with a temporary, flat one. I wonder if this means a name change or an updated marquee to feature Jessica along with Roger? Will be interesting to see what happens.

View attachment 587558
"nah, that's just the new sign. it's cheaper than the old one." -bob chapek (with josh d'amaro behind him nodding)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom