Port Orleans Re-Opening

muddyrivers

Best resort on property, still mind blowing its been closed this long.
I'm pretty sure it comes down to the fact that these resorts are so large in terms of number of rooms that they didn't want to reopen them, pay for the cast to service the guests, etc. until they knew that additional capacity would be needed.

Skibum1970

I'm pretty sure it comes down to the fact that these resorts are so large in terms of number of rooms that they didn't want to reopen them, pay for the cast to service the guests, etc. until they knew that additional capacity would be needed.
I had primarily heard that they did not have enough staff to service these hotels but that is secondhand information. I will confess that the reopening is awesome because we go there to walk and look around even if we are staying at a different resort.

nickys

Premium Member
I had primarily heard that they did not have enough staff to service these hotels but that is secondhand information. I will confess that the reopening is awesome because we go there to walk and look around even if we are staying at a different resort.
We know they barely have enough staff to service the resorts thar are already open. They wouldn’t be offering $1000 sign-on bonuses if they didn’t desperately need more housekeeping staff.

But equally true is the fact that they are huge resorts and they simply didn’t want or need them to open, along with AKL etc.

muddyrivers

It's my favorite part of Port Orleans Riverside -- just walking around the grounds and enjoying the atmosphere. I really like a lot of the resorts' atmospheres but POR always ranks high on my list.

Stellajack

Premium Member
The very first resort I stayed in was ASSports; Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo) x 4; POFQ x2, Riverside x 12. Riverside is the only one of the 4 that makes me happy because it seems to wrap its ambience all around me. I like Alligator Bayou, but I LOVE Magnolia Bend! The fun with Yehaa Bob can't be duplicated elsewhere, and the boatride to Disney Springs is an arrival day tradition with us...to Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli's.

castlecake2.0

Look for new costume changes when the resort reopens. Housekeeping has lost their resort specific costume that has been replaced by the generic brown housekeeping costume. The food courts have also lost their resort specific costumes, replaced by a green button up, beige pants, and a themed apron. The pool bars will now wear a generic coral polo with beige shorts. In merchandise the costumes have lost their themed bow ties and scarves, and in the bars there will now be a unisex costume for all cast.

CaptainAmerica

Look for new costume changes when the resort reopens. Housekeeping has lost their resort specific costume that has been replaced by the generic brown housekeeping costume. The food courts have also lost their resort specific costumes, replaced by a green button up, beige pants, and a themed apron. The pool bars will now wear a generic coral polo with beige shorts. In merchandise the costumes have lost their themed bow ties and scarves, and in the bars there will now be a unisex costume for all cast.
Is this expected to be permanent or temporary due to the costume shortage?

muddyrivers

Part of the appeal at staying at different resorts are the things that make them different. Whether it is costumes, items available in the stores, or experiences offered. As Disney continues to blur the distinction between different resorts, there becomes less of an allure to stay at one place over another.

I liked going to the Muddy Rivers pool bar and seeing the bartenders wearing their shirts with the Muddy Rivers logo on the back of it!

CaptainAmerica

Part of the appeal at staying at different resorts are the things that make them different. Whether it is costumes, items available in the stores, or experiences offered. As Disney continues to blur the distinction between different resorts, there becomes less of an allure to stay at one place over another.

I liked going to the Muddy Rivers pool bar and seeing the bartenders wearing their shirts with the Muddy Rivers logo on the back of it!
There will still be logos and branding. A lot of these changes are in response to cast feedback. Some of those costumes are just miserable things to wear for 10 hours a day.

castlecake2.0

There will still be logos and branding. A lot of these changes are in response to cast feedback. Some of those costumes are just miserable things to wear for 10 hours a day.
I know the housekeepers LOVE their new costumes, and they are 1000 times more user friendly. I’m also sure cast in the quick service will enjoy not being dressed like a pilgrim anymore.

tommcp516

Does the boat from POR to Disney Springs make a stop at OKW resort?
Wondering if we'd be able to take a boat from POR to OKW to go to breakfast at Olivia's Cafe...

Raxel7851

You’ll have to take the boat from POR/POFQ to Disney Springs, then catch the boat from DS to OKW. I believe the boats don’t start running until 10:00 or 10:30 in the morning. That may put a crunch in your breakfast plans. You could catch the bus to the MK, then catch a bus there to OKW. Or possibly Uber it over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom