News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to begin Standby September 23rd

CJR

The question is how far outside the interior queue will it extend? MF has an interior queue also but the exterior portion often stretches to TSL.

That's exactly the point I'm making. It's rare for them to flat out reject people from entering a standby line. Look at FoP in DAK, especially in the morning, that line can stretch. At Rise, the boarding groups mostly keep the line inside. At points though, the queue can be filling most of the indoor portion, even though you waited for your boarding group to get called already. I'd guess there's about a 30 minute or so wait.

When they have a physical queue only, I predict the park will be more crowded because the queue will stretch, as you mentioned, and people won't be as quick to leave after 1pm. Moreover, there could be an increase in park hopping to DHS from other parks. We'll see though, I think Disney itself is watching this carefully.

JohnD

That's exactly the point I'm making. It's rare for them to flat out reject people from entering a standby line. Look at FoP in DAK, especially in the morning, that line can stretch. At Rise, the boarding groups mostly keep the line inside. At points though, the queue can be filling most of the indoor portion, even though you waited for your boarding group to get called already. I'd guess there's about a 30 minute or so wait.

When they have a physical queue only, I predict the park will be more crowded because the queue will stretch, as you mentioned, and people won't be as quick to leave after 1pm. Moreover, there could be an increase in park hopping to DHS from other parks. We'll see though, I think Disney itself is watching this carefully.

We need to keep in mind that there isn't social distancing anymore. It doesn't make the wait time any less but it will reduce the length of the queue.

djkidkaz

I’m just curious what this will do to the rest of the attraction wait times. Think of all those people now stuck in an 3 hour queue line that previously would have been in other lines clogging up the waits.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You guys are absolutely incredible. It takes a lot of headspace to maintain this level of cognitive dissonance and not go crazy.

People complained for *two years* about how much they hated virtual queue only. Now the exact same people are complaining that it's going away.
That was before they were selling spots in the skip-the-stand-by line.

JohnD

Standby will be that temporary?? Just a few weeks?

There is always going to be Standby. My hope is that Genie doesn't affect Standby waits as much because with Genie and LL now money is involved for front of the line access. FP was always free (which is great for FP, don't misunderstand) but it greatly increased the wait times in Standby.

JohnD

I’m just curious what this will do to the rest of the attraction wait times. Think of all those people now stuck in an 3 hour queue line that previously would have been in other lines clogging up the waits.

I'm hoping money associated with Genie or LL give guests pause and standby waits aren't as long as they were with FP.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I guess I'm not following. Wouldn't the option be standby or Genie+ (LL) ?

Surely they wouldn't make it LL only...
Yes Standby and LL. I guess it all depends on your viewpoint. Once LL starts, it is likely you are going to have to pay to ride. If that is OK with you then it's a good thing. Otherwise, prepare for a very long standby.

CaptainAmerica

Yes that's what I meant. IAS is still technically part of the new Genie rollout system. You just don't need Genie+ for IAS.

...gee. Could they have made this more complicated and wordy?
I agree, the vocabulary of the thing is stupid.

But, vis-a-vis how complicated it is, more standby and less Virtual Queue makes things less complicated IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom