Creations Shop opening this summer

FutureCEO

completely disney's fault, and completely avoidable.

don't hype up a store in thousands of twitter posts then say "oh, oops" when things like this happen

you want people to know about it, they know about it alright

and handing over their wallet, just as walt wanted

It's not Disney fault that people selling merchandise online and stupid people buy it at way overprice.

Otamin

The name is absolutely stupid, but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would at least.

Certainly better than Mouse Gear.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

A look at EPCOT'S new Creations Shop lighting package​

Creations-Shop_Full_44127.jpg
Yes! Yessss...<rubbing hands together> blind the guests with floor lights as they approach the doors, and watch them plow right into guests exiting! If we're lucky, will see TikTok compilations of people walking into the solid glass wall right next to the door!! Excellent!! <snickering>

1631794715710.png

Disstevefan1

As is expected the diligent YouTubers are documenting this major event! In the videos I see CS mobbed with shoppers, some carrying multiple full shopping bags. As much as I dislike the very much "NON EPCOT" design I will say, nicely done Disney. Its working.

JohnD

Frankly, I do not understand why the Creations Shop is dedicated to Mickey Mouse. If the idea behind the reimagining of this merchandise location was to blend contemporary style with elements of original EPCOT, then why not dedicate the shop to Figment? Would it really have been that difficult to create Figment murals and sculptures?

One little spark, of inspiration, is at the heart of all creation. Is it too much to ask that someone would have remembered who sings this line?

Or, if they're continuing the theme of Mickey, why not retain the name "Mouse Gear"? "Mouse" for Mickey. "Gear" for the stuff you buy. You don't really the actual gears that used to be throughout the store.

dreday3

I do love the lighting updates they are doing in EPCOT.... Very EPCOT :)

That's exactly what it is. Very EPCOT Center!

Feels like the 80s (or the idea of the future during the 80s) and that's a good thing. Although my idea of the future is permanently cemented as Logan's Run...

Last edited:

JohnD

Not people complaining about the use of Mickey when the old shop they praise was called… MouseGear and had… Mickey.

Sometimes I am gently reminded that no matter what is done, it will be complained about on here.

That's just it. Why rename to "Creations" which is a complete disconnect from Mickey then theme Mickey throughout the store? They might as well have retained the name "Mouse Gear" with their new look. At least that would make sense.

dreday3

I like the sleekness. It’s zombie Mickey that needs to go. Sleek and modern are perfect for Epcot…at least until Groot starts walking around and it all goes to hell.

The blue statue? I'll take it! I think it's beautiful. :D

Oh, I think you meant the mural.

(but I'll still take the statue)

vikescaper

I like the sleekness. It’s zombie Mickey that needs to go. Sleek and modern are perfect for Epcot…at least until Groot starts walking around and it all goes to hell.
Not having seen it in person yet, I think Creations would fit better in EPCOT Center than MouseGear would so it is a win for me. All I wish it had was more Epcot theming, whatever that is these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom