The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

I think dark chocolate lovers won.
Disney Eating GIF
We were always the winner... don't tell them though, those milky chocolate types are pretty sensitive.

Songbird76

Ok, so there's a guy from my home town....he's like 10 years older than I am, so I never went to school with him and don't know him well, but he was always nice. I got hand-me-downs from his sister while I was growing up and my mom worked with his mom for a bit. They were crossing guards at the school. Anyway, this guy lost his older son a year ago, and his other son a few weeks ago, and his roommate has stage 4 cancer that has spread to both lungs and he decided to go home rather than die in the hospital where he couldn't have visitors because of covid. So this guy is going through a really rough time, and his roommate has tons of visitors every day, but no one has stopped to offer him support for his losses. And I had seen that he had posted about the roommate having a lot of visitors, so I asked him if HE was getting the support he needed, too, and he said I was the first person besides his sister to acknowledge that it must be difficult with all the people coming in to visit his roommate right now. I thought that was so sad, and so many of us know someone who has lost someone in the last year and a half...not just with covid, but all sorts of things. But we don't always know what to say, so we say nothing. So I just wanted to encourage everyone to say SOMETHING....it doesn't even have to be about their loss. Ask them for a favorite memory of the person they lost, ask them about a hobby...even if it's been months, they still need support. Most people come to the funeral, offer condolences, and then go home. That's when people feel even more alone and need even MORE support. I wish I could offer this guy more support than I can....it's hard to offer to go out to lunch or to take him a meal from a different continent, so all I can do is just talk to him, but I've been loving our conversations. He lived with Blackie Dammet for a while and has some interesting stories. I think I'm getting just as much from our chats as he is. And it's so easy just to say hi. So I wanted to tell everyone to reach out, because I'm sure we all know SOMEONE who could use a kind word just so they don't feel forgotten once the funeral is over and everyone goes home, and grieving people don't always realize they need the connection, so they won't ask for it themselves.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a medical update on my dad. He went to his Cardiologist this morning and is now allowed to do all the activities he did before the heart attack. He still has to attend his cardio classes though.
That's great news that your dad is feeling better. :) Does he attend cardio exercise classes at a gym, or can he do those at home (following a DVD, for example)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom