News Space 220 Restaurant dining experience at Epcot's Future World

TikibirdLand

Sorry, it's all neato-keeno and such, but at these prices, I don't want to eat lunch* or dinner with a bunch of smelly tourists who have been baking in the sun all day, reapplying sunscreen every couple of hours, dripping their bodily fluids from every crevice and pore and generally looking pretty crispy themselves.

* maybe lunch during the cooler months, but definitely not dinner...
Maybe a trip around WS is order, stopping to drink at each pavillion. That should take the edge off that smell. It might also fool you into thinking that fried cauliflower is actually an onion blossom!

Rider

Sorry, it's all neato-keeno and such, but at these prices, I don't want to eat lunch* or dinner with a bunch of smelly tourists who have been baking in the sun all day, reapplying sunscreen every couple of hours, dripping their bodily fluids from every crevice and pore and generally looking pretty crispy themselves.

I suggest never going to Disney World, then.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I suggest never going to Disney World, then.
There are plenty of CS options where the outdoor seating venues keep the wafting fragrances mostly tolerable... and Sunshine Seasons seating is spaced far enough apart that the open space above the tables does a good job dispersing the odoriferous cloud.

Rider

There are plenty of CS options where the outdoor seating venues keep the wafting fragrances mostly tolerable... and Sunshine Seasons seating is spaced far enough apart that the open space above the tables does a good job dispersing the odoriferous cloud.
I'm just saying it's like complaining about the sand at the beach...

A day at Disney World is going to be hot, sweaty, and expensive.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm just saying it's like complaining about the sand at the beach...

A day at Disney World is going to be hot, sweaty, and expensive.
It's not so much the tourists that I'm complaining about, if you catch my drive and note the phrase "...at these prices..."

I can tolerate a lot when I'm eating a $2.50 hot dog. A $10 hot dog, not so much.

Muffinpants

They will be.pumping in special smells. I have done many table service in the middle of July and I don't remember being bothered by a smell. Between the food and the other scents it will cover most body oder. Unless ofc you are just sitting there smelling arm pits.

Rider

They will be.pumping in special smells. I have done many table service in the middle of July and I don't remember being bothered by a smell. Between the food and the other scents it will cover most body oder. Unless ofc you are just sitting there smelling arm pits.
Hopefully the pumped in smells are faithful to the real space station.

ToTBellHop

Hopefully the pumped in smells are faithful to the real space station.

To be fair, most WDW guests don’t bathe at hygienic levels. 9 out of 10 parents report that they just toss the kids in the pool in lieu of bathing them. No time for that nonsense when BGs could be called at any time.

Muffinpants

To be fair, most WDW guests don’t bathe at hygienic levels. 9 out of 10 parents report that they just toss the kids in the pool in lieu of bathing them. No time for that nonsense when BGs could be called at any time.
Idk I feel like I'm the most hygienic at wdw. I can't sleep if I'm all sticky and gross. So my family always showers befor bed at Disney. I don't care if we got back at 1am.. were taking showers.

disneyfrk1221

I can almost justify paying $80 for dinner here, because I know that price includes the Disney Tax and the “experience”. At the end of the day though, $80 feels too overpriced for what you get here. Hopefully in a few years they switch to a regular a la carte menu that makes it a little more adorable (not likely).

jaklgreen

There are several items that I would happily eat on that menu, both apps and mains. My issue is that I can not eat that much food in one sitting. So the prix fixe concept does not work for me. I would have loved to be able to go in and just order 1 thing, either an app or a main.

Thelazer

Nothing about this menu makes me want to eat there.
Nothing.

I can find that same menu at just about any place on I-Drive.

Starry Calamari?
What is this Cosmic Rays?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom